SG Talk

Full Version: Thousands of Australians to receive double cost-of-living concession
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thousands of Australians have had their Centrelink cost-of-living concession doubled in a move aimed at providing some relief for all those experiencing hardship.

Ahead of the twice-yearly review of Age Pension rates, which takes effect on 20 September, some state governments have been making additional cost-of-living payments to pensioners and low-income earners.

Pensioners and low-income earners in South Australia have begun receiving up to $449 directly into their bank accounts, under a scheme introduced in this year’s state budget.

Under SA rules, the cost-of-living concession is an annual payment made to holders of the Pensioner Concession Card, DVA Gold Card, Low Income Health Care Card and the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC).

My uncle, 75 yo says in Singapore, those pensioners in his age group receive  nothing from Govt - virtually Zero.

WTF?
(31-08-2022, 09:23 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]..

My uncle, 75 yo says in Singapore, those pensioners in his age group receive  nothing from Govt - virtually Zero.

WTF?

Got lah, they received $700 last month and also CPF topup of a few hundreds plus utility rebate
(31-08-2022, 12:04 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Got lah, they received $700 last month and also CPF topup of a few hundreds plus utility rebate

Hard to say, recently came to know from one of my relative words.

You know last time come GST money, those elderly don't have bank account will get Cheque. They will q a OCBC take.
Now NO MORE issue cheque.

Is tell them go ATM key in that code given , THAN do a face recongition

I Believe The bank end up got assign people station at the ATM help these elderly take. I haven't go any OCBC branches see yet.
(31-08-2022, 12:17 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to say, recently came to know from one of my relative words.

You know last time come GST money, those elderly don't have bank account will get Cheque. They will q a OCBC take.
Now NO MORE issue cheque.

Is tell them go ATM key in that code given , THAN do a face recongition

I Believe The bank end up got assign people station at the ATM help these elderly take. I haven't go any OCBC branches see yet.

You mean still got Singaporeans no bank account ah?..... Thinking