SG Talk

Full Version: What went wrong with Ford in India and who will benefit from its exit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IANS Published: September 11, 2021 09:56 PM IST...

The exit of Ford will benefit companies who are in the utility vehicle space, they added.

"Simply put, Ford did not read the Indian market correctly. In the late nineties and later small cars dominated the market. Maruti was ruling the roost and Hyundai Motor came and launched its Santro and captured a sizeable market," an automobile industry expert told IANS preferring anonymity. He also said Ford did not fully customise its car platforms. India is a right hand drive market whereas in the US it is left hand drive. "Some of the Ford India's car models, the owner-driver, had to get down, go around the vehicle, open the left side door to unlock the boot, certainly a tedious affair," the expert pointed out.

Read more at: https://www.onmanorama.com/news/business...nefit.html

出大事了!一觉醒来,美企巨头突然撤离印度!不围堵中国了?
lazy ppl and kokkup govt
No possib;e, some say they full of potential.....
[Image: From-FDI-to-culture-India-Singapore-ties...Blurb1.jpg]
I researched India and found....
Top 20 (not 20%) companies make 65% of the profits.
The whole country is dominated my monopolies through various entrenched practices distribution system and agents and regulation. Even local competitors cannot beat them or make a dent.

A foreign competitor coming often get killed off ....

The best investment in India is to invest in the large companies. The return on capital is highest there.

Never invest in the 2nd biggest only the biggest.

Also the best time to invest in India is when the US goes into recession and input cost of raw material like oil and steel falls boosting profit margins.
(12-09-2021, 03:03 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ][Image: From-FDI-to-culture-India-Singapore-ties...Blurb1.jpg]

I remember ah kong kept saying china and india were like the two engines of an aircraft. now one engine stalls and malfunctions
(12-09-2021, 03:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I researched India and found....
Top 20 (not 20%) companies make 65% of the profits.
The whole country is dominated my monopolies through various entrenched practices distribution system and agents and regulation. Even local competitors cannot beat them or make a dent.

A foreign competitor coming often get killed off ....

The best investment in India is to invest in the large companies. The return on capital is highest there.

Never invest in the 2nd biggest only the biggest.

Also the best time to invest in India is when the US goes into recession and input cost of raw material like oil and steel falls boosting profit margins.
Did DBS buy the biggest bank in India?? If not I worried.
(12-09-2021, 02:28 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]lazy ppl and kokkup govt

I think the American companies gotta share the blame too. They should have localised their products. It is mind-boggling that they did not cater to India's right-hand-drive market. I guess that's arrogance on their part.
land of the poor miss. More jobless.
Close down focus on ev .