SG Talk

Full Version: Orange & Teal distributed food items to lower-income residents at Bukit Batok
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clapping Clapping

Clapping Clapping
ok, giving, donation are always a good thing.
but why why csj?
if its personal, dont post.
political mileage? it will be a failure, i guarantee
Dont tell me you dont know what is “pay-it-forward”????

You born yesterday???

Rotfl
Some vegetarian stalls at West Coast coffee shops also display free packets of food for the needy.
Some people pay it forward for such scheme.
(13-09-2021, 10:02 AM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]ok, giving, donation are always a good thing.
but why why csj?

I tend to agree with this. Always pictures to show.
I think there are many who donate quietly. I am sure there are pap .MPs who are big donors but keep low profile

This " I am the good guy, they are uncaring bad guys" play is not going to work.

There are PAP MPs like Denise Phua that are very involved in charity but they are also very humble and do not milk publicity from those they help.

After a whole it can really back fire on Chee as all this look like just a big show ...People are not so naive.
Don't you think what he csj did was very noble, helping the low income workers instead of a rich, arrogant woman who post on facebook,telling the whole world she love to eat pan mian ?
(13-09-2021, 10:02 AM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]ok, giving, donation are always a good thing.
but why why csj?

Agreed. Same thoughts.

Why show off??
(13-09-2021, 11:03 AM)Great Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you think what he csj did was very noble, helping the low income workers instead of a rich, arrogant woman who post on facebook,telling the whole world she love to eat pan mian ?

I don't think HC is good at all at endearing herself to the Singapore public....that is why better not run for elections.

Chee is also not that good otherwise he would have been elected. 

At times he is able to touch the heart of common man...like his speech at Fullerton ...I still remember his ice cream story about having to make tough choices when one has no money...very poignant and something many S'poreans can identify with.

Sometimes he goes off and overdo things like portraying himself as some kind of savior for the people.

Now he is trying too hard to show he is a "saint".....he just started the restaurant, so he should run it well and successfully....not operate it as a charity.
(13-09-2021, 11:11 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think HC is good at all at endearing herself to the Singapore public....that is why better not run for elections.

Chee is also not that good otherwise he would have been elected. 

At times he is able to touch the heart of common man...like his speech at Fullerton ...I still remember his ice cream story about having to make tough choices when one has no money...very poignant and something many S'poreans can identify with.

Sometimes he goes off and overdo things like portraying himself as some kind of savior for the people.

Now he is trying too hard to show he is a "saint".....he just started the restaurant, so he should run it well and successfully....not operate it as a charity.

Chee is practising what he preaches and running it like a social enterprise. Nothing wrong with posting  their activities on FB as MSM is unlikely to give them the platform unless it is something that portrays them in a negative light.

While I agree Denise Phua is a great MP and would have made a great ministar unlike the pinky's other token female white elephants, she does have many financial backers from PAPaya's connected biznesmen. Last time Haleemah 's PE campaign was heavily sponsored by Popiah king [if memory serves me right] unlike her rivals who had to fork out their own money.

Chee does not get an MP's salary and lives mainly on his wits. I think he is prepared that if his FnB venture doesn't work out it'll just be part of his learning curve. He is not as naive as you have pegged him afterall he's brought up his family on the bare minimum. He knows how to balance his sums even if he lacks the typical politician's polish and wayang skills.
CSJ, well done! You walk the talk!
(13-09-2021, 12:57 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Chee is practising what he preaches and running it like a social enterprise. Nothing wrong with posting  their activities on FB as MSM is unlikely to give them the platform unless it is something that portrays them in a negative light.

While I agree Denise Phua is a great MP and would have made a great ministar unlike the pinky's other token female white elephants, she does have many financial backers from PAPaya's connected biznesmen. Last time Haleemah 's PE campaign was heavily sponsored by Popoah king [if memory serves me right] unlike her rivals who had to fork out their own money.

Chee does not get an MP's salary and lives mainly on his wits. I think he is prepared if his FnB venture doesn't work out it'll just be part of his learning curve. He is not as naive as you peg him afterall he's brought up his family on the bare minimum. He knows how to balance his sums even if he lacks the typical politician's polish and wayang skills.

Agreed. Same thoughts.

All those who dont contribute to charity will make the most noises.

Empty vessels make the most noise.

Rotfl
He must be extremely prudent on exercising kitchen cleanliness.
(13-09-2021, 10:57 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to agree with this. Always pictures to show.
I think there are many who donate quietly. I am sure there are pap .MPs who are big donors but keep low profile

This " I am the good guy, they are uncaring bad guys" play is not going to work.

There are PAP MPs like Denise Phua that are very involved in charity but they are also very humble and do not milk publicity from those they help.

After a whole it can really back fire on Chee as all this look like just a big show ...People are not so naive.

I have to disagree with you that people are not so naive. It's my opinion that most people are. Or at least they're so superficial that they tend to perceive things as they see them. If they don't see people doing the deeds then they will decide that they didn't do them.
(13-09-2021, 09:20 AM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.facebook.com/cheesoonjuan/po...6982851579

[Image: Capture.png]

[Image: thumbs-down-emoji.webp]
(13-09-2021, 09:20 AM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.facebook.com/cheesoonjuan/po...6982851579

Pui pui pui !!!!! Angry
His supporters help to pay the meals for the low income. He only help to distribute.

Why i don see ah lee distribute roti pratas or chicken rice to the low income in his ward? A true leader with wealth will give back to the society when times are bad.
(13-09-2021, 01:52 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]His supporters help to pay the meals for the low income. He only help to distribute.

Why i don see ah lee distribute roti pratas or chicken rice to the low income in his ward? A true leader with wealth will give back to the society when times are bad.
Yes, all of us are very suspicious where this bankrupt and ex convict and loser got his ill gotten wealth from. Thanks for the clarification.
(13-09-2021, 02:06 PM)Zhaoyun Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, all of us are very suspicious where this bankrupt and ex convict and loser got his ill gotten wealth from. Thanks for the clarification.
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Aiya, let him go help the poor if it makes him happy lah. It dun cost him much as the food are cooked by his restaurant. Some chap chye and rice or fried rice or fried noodles from left over rice and noodles can feed many heads instead of throwing away. ........ Rolleyes
(13-09-2021, 01:26 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to disagree with you that people are not so naive. It's my opinion that most people are. Or at least they're so superficial that they tend to perceive things as they see them. If they don't see people doing the deeds then they will decide that they didn't do them.

Yes but ah chee comes across as trying too hard to score political points.  

He should be more like Jamus ... doing it quietly. Let others talk about it rather than him posting and talking about it.

Would you believe a salesman who tries to sell you his stuff? Or would rather believe a relative or friend or a neutral party who recommends or talks about the same product?

Good charity work. Respect.

Thumbs_up
(13-09-2021, 01:02 PM)Fit Wrote: [ -> ]CSJ, well done! You walk the talk!

Definitely better than the PnP ministars