SG Talk

Full Version: 7 reasons why i do not rent out to China,Indian ,Bangla & Malaysians Indian citizens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw this article online regarding racial discrimination on renting in Singapore. The article was helpful to me so sharing with fellow singaporeans and others- https://asiaghosts.com/7-reasons-why-i-do-not-rent-out-to-chinaindia
[Image: Rental-discrimination-min.jpg]

n-bangladesh-malaysians-indian-citizens/
Some Malaysians have problem

About 8 years ago before the 7 or 10 Mynamar people rented the whole unit

it was rented to Malaysians

who threw their used sanitary pads outside and left it at the staircase

and lots of condoms thrown out from bedroom window

My mother called HDB and TC to complain for 1 week
PAP Foreign Trash policies
aiya all nationalities hv problems:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sp...2018_today
If i rent out whole flat i dont care who rent as long as they pay good rental.
according to my rental experience

those we can pay high dollars like $2500 and above
the tenant behaves well

below that are crap foreign trash
Renting out your place is also stressful....temporary stayers just maximise their monthly rental by running down your house with their lackadaisical attitudes.

A lot of daily stress in trying to ensure that the tenants stay in line.
Exchanging money for deadly stress...worthwhile??
First action you must do after decided on your tenant … get their company name, workplace address and number. If they fugg around with you, go to their workplace and fugg around with them …. break their rice bowl ….
Once they see you in their workplace …. they will pee in their pants
(21-09-2022, 12:16 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]If i rent out whole flat i dont care who rent as long as they pay good rental.

Not true.   You will receive your flat in way worse shape at the end of the lease.  If they run away half way.
1. Article is not about race but nationalities.

2. Writer uses his experience to generalise.

3. As a thought process it is incorrect and inaccurate. It's like you met a Thai person who tries to sell you fake diamonds then conclude that all Thais are cheats.

4. The conclusion is improper.

The definition of prejudice is you make a conclusion about a person by looking at his race or nationality instead of getting to know the person first.

When you do this it is unfair to the person.

Suppose you are providing some service or entail and frequently encounter problems from people of a specific race or nationalities. This could be due to cultural differences, difference in economic strata, difference in habits.

In the examples given, some problems are due to cultural differences when person just arrive  in Sjngapore. We can be more understanding as hosts.
best is rent out to japanese n taiwanese
other nationals FORGET THEM
THESE TYPE OF MONEY WILL CAUSE U HEART ATTACK N HIGH BLOOD
no furniture rent out is the best

tenant got to get their own furniture

those tenate are good tenate
How to rent out to 'China'? And Indian ladies are not Indians? Why need to repeat?
Seriously. Choosing your tenants? Not serious investors. Money is money.
(21-09-2022, 08:39 PM)toothpick Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously. Choosing your tenants? Not serious investors. Money is money.

Actually sometimes there's a good reason for it. The Indians like to cook curry and the whole house will still smell long after they're gone. Then for some others they may not take good care of your property.
PAP give you money ... vote for them?
I tend to agree with landlord.
Indian tenants generally cannot rent to them.
The rent will be low ( they will bargain ) and the property will be defaced beyond belief. You will spend ALL the rental income to repair the rental property.
Not worth it
(21-09-2022, 10:42 PM)Truebluesg Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to agree with landlord.
Indian tenants generally cannot rent to them.
The rent will be low ( they will bargain ) and the property will be defaced beyond belief. You will spend ALL the rental income to repair the rental property.
Not worth it

THEY NEVER ADMIT THEIR FAULTS 
PUSH THE BLAME TO U
I EXPERIENCED A FEW TIME
(21-09-2022, 01:52 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]1. Article is not about race but nationalities.

2. Writer uses his experience to generalise.

3. As a thought process it is incorrect and inaccurate. It's like you met a Thai person who tries to sell you fake diamonds then conclude that all Thais are cheats.

4. The conclusion is improper.

The definition of prejudice is you make a conclusion about a person by looking at his race or nationality instead of getting to know the person first.

When you do this it is unfair to the person.

Suppose you are providing some service or entail and frequently encounter problems from people of a specific race or nationalities. This could be due to cultural differences, difference in economic strata, difference in habits.

In the examples given, some problems are due to cultural differences when person just arrive  in Sjngapore. We can be more understanding as hosts.

There are differences. 

Once I rented to a Jap. 

When he returned for his wedding, he paid all the remaining months of rental before he left.  

If you rented to a southern Asian, he would just quietly run away.  

(22-09-2022, 04:11 PM)webinarian Wrote: [ -> ]There are differences. 

Once I rented to a Jap. 

When he returned for his wedding, he paid all the remaining months of rental before he left.  

If you rented to a southern Asian, he would just quietly run away.  

my friend was so kind, let them owed 6m before they ran away
Now not much FT, wait for the super FT earning $30k min PM lah...