SG Talk

Full Version: S'pore : Foreign Interference law govt cite China operations in Australia as example
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Really scary...plse implement the law fast to protect S'pore and S'poreans from Interference.

---------
home affairs ministry outlined two incidents involving alleged China-linked activities in Australia and the EU

https://amp.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/...law-citing
the news say without naming the countries involve yet say China linked activities?
Notice that the law was announced just as Wang Yi is visiting SG. It's a signal to him.
(14-09-2021, 11:30 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]the news say without naming the countries involve yet say China linked activities?

Without naming but yet people know who.   These incidents must be World known incidents.
good…hope this law keep the garbage ccp trash here in check
(14-09-2021, 11:30 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]the news say without naming the countries involve yet say China linked activities?

I think Singapore never name but some other country already named for those incidents.
(14-09-2021, 11:38 AM)revealer Wrote: [ -> ]Without naming but yet people know who.   These incidents must be World known incidents.

Singapore tables internet-era foreign interference law citing cases in Australia, EU
  • Authorities in the island nation say it is especially vulnerable to online misinformation campaigns, such as those experienced by Western nations
  • Without naming the countries involved, the home affairs ministry outlined two incidents involving alleged China-linked activities in Australia and the EU

So how now the China Cultural Center on Queen Street ?
Quote:On online campaigns, Singapore’s home affairs ministry cited an episode during which Singapore faced “bilateral issues with another country in late 2018 and 2019”, and experienced “an abnormal spike in online comments critical of Singapore on social media” by anonymous accounts that “sought to create an artificial impression of opposition to Singapore’s positions”.
At the time, the governments of Singapore and neighbouring Malaysia were engaged in a fierce dispute over airspace and maritime boundaries.

When did the HK Terrex incident occur? 2019 after Sinpwn compain abt Tiongkok influence. MHA iz not referring to Bolehland maritime dispute unless Sinpwn believes Bolehland was under Tiongkok influence.

Pro Tiongkok sarpoters beware, evidently all our posts are being monitored. I thot we kpkkb to TCSS no one hiew but evidently garbagemen [MHA] r covertly monitoring local online chatter.
Highly likely tiongkok was behind the breach in security of our hospital records the year Bui Bui Kim came to visit.
(14-09-2021, 02:04 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Highly likely tiongkok was behind the breach in security of our hospital records the year Bui Bui Kim came to visit.

Yeah!

It must be China!  Rotfl
Situaton is choking.
Dangerous.
Need to find out what exactly did Ah Shan say.. Maybe he quoted 10 examples, but SCMP cherry pick the 2 and implemented that it linked to China.

If Ah Shan only quoted 2, then he should be more careful. He just need to name 1 each (China-linked activities in Australia/EU, US/EU-linked activities in HK) to balance things out..
(14-09-2021, 01:50 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]When did the HK Terrex incident occur? 2019 after Sinpwn compain abt Tiongkok influence. MHA iz not referring to Bolehland maritime dispute unless Sinpwn believes Bolehland was under Tiongkok influence.

Pro Tiongkok sarpoters beware, evidently all our posts are being monitored. I thot we kpkkb to TCSS no one hiew but evidently garbagemen [MHA] r covertly monitoring local online chatter.

I often disagree with pro China view.

But I believe these pro China view does not come from the kind of foreign interference  they are talking about but is natural among those who are Chinese educated or have strong Chinese cultural ties. There is now dispute between the west and east hence there is natural inclination to side China.

China pumps alot of propaganda in the cyberspace ....but those who read it have already chosen side....rarely the other way around that they read the propaganda and become influenced.

When singapore terrex  was detained by China these S'poreans go and support China without any influence but as a natural response.....

And I believe this is understandable as the rise of China evoke so much pride and sense of historical importance everything else is overlooked.
(14-09-2021, 02:55 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I often disagree with pro China view.

But I believe these pro China view does not come from the kind of foreign interference  they are talking about but is natural among those who are Chinese educated or have strong Chinese cultural ties. There is now dispute between the west and east hence there is natural inclination to side China.

China pumps alot of propaganda in the cyberspace ....but those who read it have already chosen side....rarely the other way around that they read the propaganda and become influenced.

When singapore terrex  was detained by China these S'poreans go and support China without any influence but as a natural response.....

And I believe this is understandable as the rise of China evoke so much pride and sense of historical importance everything else is overlooked.

Watch the water. China is done.
The Talibon Lithium and US weaponries 85B
https://twitter.com/i/status/1437443658282852352
Going for Texas chemical plants
(14-09-2021, 02:57 PM)singlon Wrote: [ -> ]Watch the water. China is done.

I think people forget USA, Japan and Europe...together with India collectively overwhelms the Chinese economy.

Xi awoke all these countries to be wary and oppose China.

Under earlier leadership China kept a humble profile.

Under  Xi, suddenly disputes with every major power....
and also Xi let his strategy out of the bag.

He has invited the rest of the world to move against China's rise. 

Despite the powerful show of technological prowess, I economy is not that strong with a problematic banking system.
(14-09-2021, 02:35 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah!

It must be China!  Rotfl

uncle sam would never do such things
(14-09-2021, 03:27 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]uncle sam would never do such things

Oh yes!

Uncle Sam is the saviour of the world!

The spent 20 years to "save" Afghans of terror and hardships!  Rotfl
(14-09-2021, 02:55 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I often disagree with pro China view.

Iz not what we small insects think, iz what MHA believes. Last time Sim Tian used to say Sgtalk was being surveyed by garbagemen, turns out to be true. All the local forums are. The pro-tiongkok sarpoters in old sgtalk were mostly clones and a small no. of members. Most sgtalk members are mainly interested in stocks  and making money and heck care abt international politics. 

Pro- foreign country sarpoters [east or west] please be aware, especially if you are beri active posting propaganda. Garbagemen got dig our bins wan. Dis is concrete proof oredy.
(14-09-2021, 01:50 PM)Uluncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]When did the HK Terrex incident occur? 2019 after Sinpwn compain abt Tiongkok influence. MHA iz not referring to Bolehland maritime dispute unless Sinpwn believes Bolehland was under Tiongkok influence.

The nine SAF armored vehicles were seized in Hong Kong in 2016, not 2018/2019.
(14-09-2021, 02:35 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah!

It must be China!  Rotfl

Actually I was initially more inclined to think it was N Korea. If so it would have been with Tiongkok's know how. 

Garbagemen got its own intel from CIA sources and tiongkok and Russia have a track record of doing so.

The hackers are not so much interested in our health records but how secure our cyber system is.  Notice how Sinpwn garbagemen started compaining abt Tiongkok's undue influence after the MOH breach [June 2018]
(14-09-2021, 03:44 PM)justdoit2 Wrote: [ -> ]The nine SAF armored vehicles were seized in Hong Kong in 2016, not 2018/2019.

I stand corrected. You are right.

Misread the headlines

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-a...gapore-saf

Regarding the Terrex case, it happen in 2016 and our Straits Times had reported that APL and the ship captain were found guilty and fined for importing strategic commodities into Hong Kong without the necessary licence.
(14-09-2021, 03:27 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]uncle sam would never do such things
Wikileaks are all lies
We are in for 4 EYES lockdowns.
With Unclesam not.
We wait for Nicholas to target Texas chemical plants.
China is involved in this Talibon lithium-USD85B weapons deal
Building  building....

[Image: Screenshot-2021-09-14-at-16-04-52-Typoon...Search.png]
(14-09-2021, 03:50 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]I stand corrected. You are right.

Misread the headlines

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-a...gapore-saf
To me, the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute and the SingHealth data breach were big events for Singapore in 2018.

The SingHealth data breach happen in Jun/Jul 2018 while the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute happen in late 2018 and end in early 2019.  

Recently, one of their helicopter fly unannounced into our air space over Tekong and our F-16 had to response.  And remember the video in English that was released by their military.

I leave it to you to digest the facts.
(14-09-2021, 04:13 PM)justdoit2 Wrote: [ -> ]To me, the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute and the SingHealth data breach were big events for Singapore in 2018.

The SingHealth data breach happen in Jun/Jul 2018 while the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute happen in late 2018 and end in early 2019.  

Recently, one of their helicopter fly unannounced into our air space over Tekong and our F-16 had to response.  And remember the video in English that was released by their military.

I leave it to you to digest the facts.

Seriously, you think Sinpwn think bodohhland is more of a threat or Tiongkok?
(14-09-2021, 04:19 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, you think Sinpwn think bodohhland is more of a threat or Tiongkok?
The late 2018/2019 incident definitely refers to the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute.

As for espionage and cyber hacking, all nations are equally guilty.

Read the Law Minister’s speech on Foreign Interference Tactics and Countermeasures at the RSIS Conference, published on 25 Sep 2019

Read points 54 to 56.
TALIBON deal
Nicholas has strengthened and started to pound Texas and other areas CNA.
Target: CHEMICAL PLANTS

POTUS Trump mentions Diamonds start people thinking.
China is involved in turning people into Diamonds.
Pages: 1 2