SG Talk

Full Version: SG: Non-mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 booster shots: Janil Puthucheary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14-09-2021, 04:31 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...er-2175786

Upz you 1 pt for dis good news. Hope Novavax can reach our shores without further delays. Janil can run circles round stupiak Ong Yuck Goondu. Beri on the ball as well as diplomatic. Hope Pinky promotes him quickly.
unfortunately nova, or no va, means no go, going nowhere. a better meaning is new, transient, transitional

one old professor drove a chevy nova, always late for classes because his nova always stalled in the mornings. later he gave it away to a student and paid him 50 bucks
That is what I prefer. Thank you.
(14-09-2021, 04:40 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Upz you 1 pt for dis good news. Hope Novavax can reach our shores without further delays. Janil can run circles round stupiak Ong Yuck Goondu. Beri on the ball as well as diplomatic. Hope Pinky promotes him quickly.

Novavax is not being approved by US's FDA nor WHO for EUA.

However, both Sinovac and Sinopharm are 2 major non-mRNA vaccines approved by SG and WHO.

End of the day - the decision is more about politics than data-medical-scientifically driven.
Can I go straight for this non mRNA booster without taking the two earlier mRNA shots?..... Thinking
Since they have included the count of Sinovac into vaccination drive n now as booster shots when r they going to upgrade sinovac n sinopharm into VIFAP? Will they announce it after Wang Yi visit?
This Minister is always crap just like CECA, don't like how he speak really CECA Vibe there
Likely, they talk to make people happy only. The real booster shots may come early next year which is very far from now.

You see the US respond is by days. We are by months. The Delta spreads from Asia to US.
(14-09-2021, 05:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This Minister is always crap just like CECA, don't like how he speak really CECA Vibe there

This Kuttu Chery was the one who came on national TV and tell us dun wear mask unless sick right?...... Rolleyes
(14-09-2021, 05:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This Minister is always crap just like CECA, don't like how he speak really CECA Vibe there

Bro, welcome back to this forum.
Better dont take pfizer...
He lied?

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/28/pfiz...onths.html
(14-09-2021, 05:39 PM)Simon Wrote: [ -> ]Novavax is not being approved by US's FDA nor WHO for EUA.

However, both Sinovac and Sinopharm are 2 major non-mRNA vaccines approved by SG and WHO.

End of the day - the decision is more about politics than data-medical-scientifically driven.
At first, I was considering for novavax near Dec arrival. But, after hearing that novavax is under clinical trial, I changed my mind. Moreover, Novavax is a only small company in US. I hv booked for Sinopharm. Not sure if I can get the vaccine or not.
(14-09-2021, 05:39 PM)Simon Wrote: [ -> ]Novavax is not being approved by US's FDA nor WHO for EUA.

Quote:We are negotiating with suppliers to provide us non-mRNA booster shots, and a few are preparing their applications for PSAR (pandemic special access route)," Dr Puthucheary said on Tuesday.

The PSAR allows the Health Sciences Authority to grant interim authorisation for vaccines to be used in Singapore. China's Sinovac vaccine, an inactivated type, was given this authorisation in June after it was approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO)...

Singapore has also signed advance purchase agreements with American biotechnology company Novavax to secure its protein-based vaccine, with supplies possibly arriving before the end of the year.

"We have a deliberate strategy to procure a portfolio of vaccines that use different technologies, to improve our chances of securing vaccines that will continue to be safe and effective against COVID-19," Dr Puthucheary added.

Must read btwn the lines. Nova is in the process of applying for PSAR. Hope iz greenlight all the way
(14-09-2021, 05:54 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]This Kuttu Chery was the one who came on national TV and tell us dun wear mask unless sick right?...... Rolleyes

Putu following Kee Chiu's directive and oso WHO guidelines. Dat time no enough masks so try to avoid mass panic.
(14-09-2021, 04:40 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Upz you 1 pt for dis good news. Hope Novavax can reach our shores without further delays. Janil can run circles round stupiak Ong Yuck Goondu. Beri on the ball as well as diplomatic. Hope Pinky promotes him quickly.
Ong and janil are one of a kind...dishonourable sons of oppies.
(14-09-2021, 06:18 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]At first, I was considering for novavax near Dec arrival. But, after hearing that novavax is under clinical trial, I changed my mind. Moreover, Novavax is a only small company in US.  I hv booked for Sinopharm. Not sure if I can get the vaccine or not.

I won't want to be a guinea pig either. I think a new batch of Sinopharm for RMG has arrived.
cmi and 6.30 scientists and doctors who turn politicians very ...? what's the right word?
(14-09-2021, 05:46 PM)Galilo_l Wrote: [ -> ]Since they have included the count of Sinovac into vaccination drive n now as booster shots when r they going to upgrade sinovac n sinopharm into VIFAP? Will they announce it after Wang Yi visit?

Not until our PM's wife's company is able to earn substantial ROI after plowing US$250m into one of the mRNA vaccine approved in our national vaccination program.

https://imgur.com/8nw3WSo
(14-09-2021, 06:33 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Must read btwn the lines. Nova is in the process of applying for PSAR. Hope iz greenlight all the way

There nothing to read between those lines - The fact remains Novavax is not being approved by US's FDA nor WHO while Sinovac and Sinopharm are.

Another fact check is the much promised "high-efficacy" Pfizer BioNTech has shown its real-world weakness against the Indian Variant in countries like Israel and US with COVID surge...While comparatively, the Chinese is able to control their COVID cases with the "low quality" Sinovac and Sinopharm.
These are the data and fact which speak for itself. Yet some continue to be in denial.

Resurgent of Indian variant in Pfrizer-BioNtech vaccinated Israel.
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/expor...e.png?v=45