SG Talk

Full Version: Indonesia economy is very healthy so is its markets.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jakarta index is hitting new highs as Dow Sinks to yr lows. The debt level of Indonesia is below 40% of GDP when advanced countries are hitting above 100%. 
There is also demographics dividends it has youngest population among major economies.

Even if US , Europe and China slows, Indonesia is set to grow at a healthy pace.

Sjngapore leaders often make an issue of saying we are handicapped because we are not in Europe or US and in a poor neighborhood. 
Next few years we are going to be thankful we are surrounded by dynamic economies around us. As the Indonesian behemoth lifts offs we are in the right place.

[Image: jl2I0mH.jpg]
Is the stock market index representative of the health of an economy?

STI seems to be a lost man.
(24-09-2022, 11:01 AM)toothpick Wrote: [ -> ]Is the stock market index representative of the health of an economy?

STI seems to be a lost man.

It's not a perfect match but if stock market do well means investors expect earnings to grow.

Singapore market actually did well relative to US Europe and HK this yr. ...Singapore market main problem is index is filled with big companies with poor earnings quality like SingTel and SIA.
Because Jokowi are smart enough to distance himself with evil American
This time is which youtube video telling you that again?
(24-09-2022, 11:41 AM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]Because Jokowi are smart enough to distance himself with evil American

Indonesia is of high strategic importance for this region.
They will play well to their advantage by being friends to all.
and using their strategic importance to tell either side if they push Indonesia it can go to the other side. Indonesia buys western weaponry and takes in investments from west.
It's system was converted from dictatorship to democracy after Suharto era. ...the sitting president can be replaced if he does a bad job. This makes Indonesia important friend ofnthe west here...versus say Vietnam which has historic ties with China.

But hopefully this region of ours have strong internal ties and able to invest in each other so we don't have to come jnder influence of big powers.
(24-09-2022, 11:10 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a perfect match but if stock market do well means investors expect earnings to grow.

Singapore market actually did well relative to US Europe and HK this yr. ...Singapore market main problem is index is filled with big companies with poor earnings quality like SingTel and SIA.

Have you visited Jakarta before? Its coffee is the best in the world, so strong and fragrant, the HSR will be ready by Q1 2023, 350km/hour.
(24-09-2022, 12:39 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Have you visited Jakarta before? Its coffee is the best in the world, so strong and fragrant, the HSR will be ready by Q1 2023, 350km/hour.

I have been to Batam once to stay at a beach resort.
I have not been to other parts of Indonesia because of earthquakes
(24-09-2022, 11:58 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]This time is which youtube video telling you that again?

about to ask that. must be another top guru
(24-09-2022, 12:41 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I have been to Batam once to stay at a beach resort.
I have not been to other parts of Indonesia because of earthquakes

Batam is different, you should visit Java to see its booming economy. Air ticket is less than $200
(24-09-2022, 12:46 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Batam is different, you should visit Java to see its booming economy. Air ticket is less than $200

No need for him lah. He can visit all the countries in this world with VR and youtube  Laughing
(24-09-2022, 11:41 AM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]Because Jokowi are smart enough to distance himself with evil American
When does his term end?  He have  another term.