SG Talk

Full Version: 'Most expensive I've ever had': Woman shocked by $11.70 nasi padang at Toa Payoh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ?hash=6157607757fc7d6e57700bdbe81e5d78]

When a woman saw a food court stall offering nasi padang for $7, she thought it was reasonable enough.

However, Stomp contributor Jaime was shocked to be charged $11.70 for her meal.

Jaime told Stomp: "I bought a plate of nasi padang and was shocked to be charged $11.70 for it. The mutton portion was really little, with only five tiny pieces and thick gravy.

"The menu clearly stated that two meat and one vegetable cost only $7 plus. When I asked about the disparity, the staff showed me the receipt and read out to me that mutton is $6."

Jaime added: "No wonder the mutton in the tray was still almost full when I bought it at 2.30pm.

"It's the most expensive nasi padang I have ever had from a food court."

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/most-e...-toa-payoh
I bet the sign is there before the pandemic , before the inflation kicked in

any way every thing that you want to buy also risen ...even the cheapest bread in NTUC is now 1.55, before that . was only 1.15 ...thats almost a blazing 35% increase

Nasi padang or even chap chai beng .. you must ask how much before take ma..ignore the sign etc

Dont taken already then complain...no use
malay food use to be cheap

now all malay foods are minister million dollars food price
not easy to find cheap food...unless they always eat Mee Siam n Mee Rebus...go hawker only 2 or 3 stalls selling muslim food...cham...eat McDonald better
And PAP tell us to "pay a little more"

for increase in prices but they refuse to give us good jobs with good pay

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wa...ng-2005681
Last time , I got one ex colleague at one food court at Marina Square , order one plate Malay food cost 10++ too.

I check the dishes , is two meats two veg

now should be 15+ maybe due to Inflation and cost of the ingredients increase , also Rental
It does not look appetizing

$7/- I will also not consider
(30-09-2022, 03:59 PM)Reddishday Wrote: [ -> ][Image: ?hash=6157607757fc7d6e57700bdbe81e5d78]

When a woman saw a food court stall offering nasi padang for $7, she thought it was reasonable enough.

However, Stomp contributor Jaime was shocked to be charged $11.70 for her meal.

Jaime told Stomp: "I bought a plate of nasi padang and was shocked to be charged $11.70 for it. The mutton portion was really little, with only five tiny pieces and thick gravy.

"The menu clearly stated that two meat and one vegetable cost only $7 plus. When I asked about the disparity, the staff showed me the receipt and read out to me that mutton is $6."

Jaime added: "No wonder the mutton in the tray was still almost full when I bought it at 2.30pm.

"It's the most expensive nasi padang I have ever had from a food court."

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/most-e...-toa-payoh

Cheap