SG Talk

Full Version: NTUC income offfer me 2.98% for 3yrs...guaranteed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone heard of this? Looks worth because include insurance coverage.

Grab the opportunity to soar high in your savings with Gro Capital Ease before it's gone, because it won't be here for long!

Receive a maturity benefit of 109.21%1 at the end of the 3 years. This is an insurance savings plan which provides guaranteed return of 2.98% p.a.2 to grow your money, and at the same time, offers protection against death & total and permanent disability (TPD before age 70). What's more, no medical check-up is required!

[Image: LFjdCeL.png]
SKIP ,

NTUC INCOME UNDER GOVT AKA PAP

if you want better go prudential or others.
(15-10-2022, 04:02 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone heard of this? Looks worth because include insurance coverage.

Grab the opportunity to soar high in your savings with Gro Capital Ease before it's gone, because it won't be here for long!

Receive a maturity benefit of 109.21%1 at the end of the 3 years. This is an insurance savings plan which provides guaranteed return of 2.98% p.a.2 to grow your money, and at the same time, offers protection against death & total and permanent disability (TPD before age 70). What's more, no medical check-up is required!

[Image: LFjdCeL.png]
Is this an endowment plan or annuity plan?
Other insurance companies also have similar policies.
if need money urgently and terminate after 1 year............got any interests ?
(15-10-2022, 08:27 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]if need money urgently and terminate after 1 year............got any interests ?

No and got to pay surrender penalty
next yr they will come out another endownment paying 3.00%
3 years ? Siao,,, inflation coming and no $$$ already.
(15-10-2022, 08:37 PM)Gstalk Wrote: [ -> ]No and got to pay surrender penalty

wah..............got to pay penalty ah................then better try luck with S'pore Savings Bonds............
Last time bought one that did not say guarantee. After about 1 or 2 years they kept sending me letters to say that due to the poor economy they are unable to achieve the targeted return. When I took back the money upon maturity, it worked out that the return was off by about 2%.
now t-bill is paying you 3.77%
Long ago the guaranteed interest can change due to changes in economic conditions.

10 to 15 years change 1 time, and your returns will be lower for the rest of your life.
(16-10-2022, 11:04 AM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]now t-bill is paying you 3.77%

This one has TPD coverage.
(16-10-2022, 11:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]This one has TPD coverage.

the higher return can buy you TPD coverage, many times that income can offer.
(16-10-2022, 10:21 AM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Last time bought one that did not say guarantee. After about 1 or 2 years they kept sending me letters to say that due to the poor economy they are unable to achieve the targeted return. When I took back the money upon maturity, it worked out that the return was off by about 2%.

This is why I keep mention come Investment Better STICK TO PRIVATE.

Don't get mislead just because " Oh is Under Govt surely VERY SAFE " Of course is Safe but REMEMBER Govt work different from Private.
(16-10-2022, 12:39 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This is why I keep mention come Investment Better STICK TO PRIVATE.

Don't get mislead just because " Oh is Under Govt surely VERY SAFE " Of course is Safe but REMEMBER Govt work different from Private.
dont listen to insurance agents bullshit
my ntuc endownment rtns was cut fr 3.5 to 3.25 now 3%
same reason market no gd
but US markets broke record highs few times last 10 yr
(16-10-2022, 10:21 AM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Last time bought one that did not say guarantee. After about 1 or 2 years they kept sending me letters to say that due to the poor economy they are unable to achieve the targeted return. When I took back the money upon maturity, it worked out that the return was off by about 2%.
I told my frds this suspecting issue too. Believed all insurance policies, whether endowments or annuity wil hv this gimmick excuse. They are out to squeeze more money from people, giving many wild promises. It wud be better off and guaranteed to put in bank fixed deposits as interest rates are sharply higher now.
(16-10-2022, 01:12 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]dont listen to insurance agents bullshit
my ntuc endownment rtns was cut fr 3.5 to 3.25 now 3%
same reason market no gd
but US markets broke record highs few times last 10 yr

LOL because agents wanna earn commission.

but T-bills are traded, right ?

price drop might be far more than the interest ?
(16-10-2022, 03:19 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]but T-bills are traded, right ?

price drop might be far more than the interest ?

no, guaranteed return and capital.

almost no risk
(16-10-2022, 12:39 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This is why I keep mention come Investment Better STICK TO PRIVATE.

It's the same with "private" lar.

Private are also known to have paid less than the projected, and especially so for policies maturing around these past six months which people bought ten years ago.
(16-10-2022, 04:58 PM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]no, guaranteed return and capital.

almost no risk

but must hold for how long ?

if need to use the money urgently, can take out easily like SSB ?

Question is , will it stay high for next 3 years?
I hope so. So I can reinvest the current ones in 6 months time,  and every 6 months for next few years
(16-10-2022, 05:49 PM)Ahnya Wrote: [ -> ]Question is , will it stay high for next 3 years?
I hope so. So I can reinvest the current ones in 6 months time,  and every 6 months for next few years
This is a good strategy.
(16-10-2022, 04:58 PM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]no, guaranteed return and capital.

almost no risk
Is T bill traded in market ? Now buy/sell how much har
(16-10-2022, 05:08 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]It's the same with "private" lar.

Private are also known to have paid less than the projected, and especially so for policies maturing around these past six months which people bought ten years ago.

Yes but at least Not restrict to any Govt policy etc.
(16-10-2022, 05:44 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]but must hold for how long ?

if need to use the money urgently, can take out easily like SSB ?

currently the shortest is 6 months.  

very hard to redeem.  so only use your spare cash to buy.
(16-10-2022, 06:05 PM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Is T bill traded in market ? Now buy/sell how much har

almost no trading.

just buy from your bank , dbs ocbc, uob...etc.  can use online banking or handphone app.

interest will be paid on the first day, upon maturity the money will go back to your account.
read post #1 and #2

they give you a good summary.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...s.6769601/