SG Talk

Full Version: REITs that crashed 10% between 22 Sep to 28 Sep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just after Fed rate hikes.

The issue is systemic and not restricted to one reits but it is across reits with foreign property.

Some of the reits debt may be linked to floating rates that went up.

After this period of drop it fell just slightly compared  with  other stocks fell more sharply during October selloff.

[Image: CmQ9Xru.jpg]
My reits are free because I owned them for more than a decade.
(16-10-2022, 02:15 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]My reits are free because I owned them for more than a decade.

Be it propeprty, US stocks, reits you would have made 100% in last 10yrs.

Problem is people got in 2021 and sway sway see heavy losses...this will tarnish their jnvesting experience. 

The question for me when is time to buy ....these reits that have sharp falls have 10% yields. Not everyone is good and some will do rights issue which will mean losses become permanent as they won't recover from dilution.
I will buy s-reits only if it falls by another 20%.

Anyone who bought s-reits 5 years ago would have badly unperformed sp500.
(16-10-2022, 06:52 PM)debster Wrote: [ -> ]I will buy s-reits only if it falls by another 20%.

On hindsight true. If we know ahead of time it would have been great 

But REITs is for income and exposure to property rental sector ...
(16-10-2022, 06:52 PM)debster Wrote: [ -> ]I will buy s-reits only if it falls by another 20%.

still too early to put a figure
by then sentiment is so bad even drop another 30% will scare u to click the button
(16-10-2022, 02:59 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Be it propeprty, US stocks, reits you would have made 100% in last 10yrs.

Problem is people got in 2021 and sway sway see heavy losses...this will tarnish their jnvesting experience. 

The question for me when is time to buy ....these reits that have sharp falls have 10% yields. Not everyone is good and some will do rights issue which will mean losses become permanent as they won't recover from dilution.

I play reits when people are still unclear about what it is.