SG Talk

Full Version: Hello comrade, how much u all are down in yr portfolio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am down 37% not so bad, but overlall i am in the profit because i buy donkey year back when it was cheap cheap and also
buy alot in the 2020 selldown...

hope u all recover fast.

those who have sgx stock bette rtwist to wall st, sgx is a hopeless exchange.
this yr gg to win the worse in asia again.
(18-10-2022, 04:33 AM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]I am down 37% not so bad, but overlall i am in the profit because i buy donkey year back when it was cheap cheap and also

hope u all recover fast.

Why you like to tell strangers on the internet your problem?

Are you a scammer?
(18-10-2022, 04:33 AM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]I am down 37% not so bad, but overlall i am in the profit because i buy donkey year back when it was cheap cheap and also

hope u all recover fast.

Your concept is right. Market always have down years and drawdown.

It can happen just as you start to invest or long after you start to invest. Your gains from past long term investments will cushion your losses.

People keep talking Dow or Nasdaq down 30% but forget it has been up 300% since 2012.

If one looks back at 2012 that time also many problems Euro crisis, Italy, Greece, Spain going bankrupt, Greece beg Germany ....market down 30%. Many gave up...it was the best time to buy.

For ordinary investor the best strategy is don't everyday try to guess bottom or try to be smart to avoid losses. Just buy regularly into a diversified funds whether thungs look good or bad.
Long term markets go up.

The 30-60% drops is part and parcel of investing and to scare people away from investing ....

Few can overcome their emotions to invest long term.
Most come in during good times hoping to capture the last legs of bull market only to mis time and see their investment sink to losses. Once they see lossses they give up and swear they will never invest.
Peter Lynch 13X his mutual fund during his illustrious career but a study shows that most who buy his growth fund lost money. How is this possible?

1. Most get excited and buy the fund after it performs well after a stretch say 3 or 5yrs. If they have they are so happy they have profits and add substabtially to it.

2. When they see losses appearing, they got out and often never come back.

3. Those who make are people who buy his fund regularly in good and bad times and don't sell until they retire and need the money.

For most ordinary people, the best thing to do is not to try to guess the market. They often do it wrongly become discouraged and give up. It becomes a waste of time.just invest regularly do it over long term and don't worry about markets going down.

Below isa his timeless advice on the markets.

(18-10-2022, 04:46 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Your concept is right. Market always have down years and drawdown.

It can happen just as you start to invest or long after you start to invest. Your gains from past long term investments will cushion your losses.

People keep talking Dow or Nasdaq down 30% but forget it has been up 300% since 2012.

If one looks back at 2012 that time also many problems Euro crisis, Italy, Greece, Spain going bankrupt, Greece beg Germany ....market down 30%. Many gave up...it was the best time to buy.

For ordinary investor the best strategy is don't everyday try to guess bottom or try to be smart to avoid losses. Just buy regularly into a diversified funds whether thungs look good or bad.
Long term markets go up.

The 30-60% drops is part and parcel of investing and to scare people away from investing ....

Most come in during good times hoping to capture the last legs of bull market only to mis time and see their investment sink to losses. Once they see lossses they give up and swear they will never invest.
Sgbuffet is the best guy here, he talk sense and speak wisely, unlike pig anyhow condemn other.

time in the market is better than time the market,, i buy TSLA at 400 before it was split,, how to loss money,
i have taken half profit a few time too..

TSLA, FTNT and a few more are my best gainer. I hv acc NET  ZS  SNOW this round, wish u luck,
no worry chinese stock will come back strong.

I bgt CWEB a few day back, I hv DQ too, i buy more of tencent and baba and byd last week,, wish all huat huat, except sentinel, hope he loss
till he have to pawn his pig kkj at maxicash,,...hahahaha,
(18-10-2022, 05:09 AM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]Sgbuffet is the best guy here, he talk sense and speak wisely, unlike pig anyhow condemn other.

time in the market is better than time the market,, i buy TSLA at 400 before it was split,, how to loss money,
i have taken half profit a few time too..

TSLA, FTNT and a few more are my best gainer. I hv acc NET  ZS  SNOW this round, wish u luck,
no worry chinese stock will come back strong.

I bgt CWEB a few day back, I hv DQ  too, i buy more of tencent and baba and byd last week,, wish all huat huat, except sentinel, hope he loss
till he have to pawn his pig kkj at maxicash,,...hahahaha,
I dun need to talk about buying stocks to be rich for old age

IAM already filthy rich, I have generational wealth, unlike idiots and paupers like you guys, so old still talk about trying to make money in stocks

Shameful or not?

SMH
(18-10-2022, 07:16 AM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]The value of my portfolio has increased by $260K over the past 2 years

Or about 20% gain in the value of my portfolio over 2 years

About 160K is realized CASH gains

Song boh?

That is excellent. Is gain from stocks?
(18-10-2022, 08:13 AM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you learn some new trading skills like intra day SCALPING

Since you are long term unemployed like ola

And have all the time in the world to do useful things in your life

Scalping is just gambling Laughing
(18-10-2022, 04:46 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Your concept is right. Market always have down years and drawdown.

Long term markets go up.

Sounds like a good concept but I will have a problem if I am jobless and just buy and hold for 30 to 40 years. 
Can you share how you managed to make daily expenses and overseas holiday funds with such strategy when you are jobless with no other income? ... Thinking
(18-10-2022, 08:32 AM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a TRADING EDGE

And you have DISCIPLINE

Plus RISK and MONEY MANANGEMENT skills

SCALPING can be CONSISTENTLY PROFITABLE

On point. Exactly, and more, most important of all ----->TIMING

hope u all recover fast.

For 2022, down 5%. Overall still up by 20% from when I started about 2 years ago.