SG Talk

Full Version: Hong Kong stocks suffer worse 1 day rout since 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: x7gdXom.jpg]
(24-10-2022, 04:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: x7gdXom.jpg]

You still holding any HK stocks? Or cut loss and dump all already?
thought MKT oredi price in since it is expected, right ?
Aiya; Shanghai market didn't drop much....so tomorrow HK my rebound strongly , guess national teams might come in to stabilise it,
(24-10-2022, 05:19 PM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Aiya; Shanghai market didn't drop much....so tomorrow HK my rebound strongly , guess national teams might come in to stabilise it,

Pulling away from 20MA and breaking the lower trendline when MACD is -ve. Likely to go lower.
Can ignore HSI lah.  Rotfl
See SSE.

HSI falling, only indicates Chao Ang Moh funds run road…

HSI dropping, good for HK property goes back to fundamental price.

8 out 10 HK tycoons are in property.
real reason for huge fall unknown. market sentiment is very weak. market expecting up before open as us up a lot. then on pre market start to have a lot of dump . market open down then the rest is trigger. long cut lost. shorts add on etc. today should have some kind of a technical recovery
(24-10-2022, 05:19 PM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Aiya; Shanghai market didn't drop much....so tomorrow HK my rebound strongly , guess national teams might come in to stabilise it,

National team will not help HK lah one country 2 systems.

Anyway just sit one side and watch the show.
What does the Master in Master Leong stand for? I went to google the magic thingie but it didn’t help.  The various writeups already presume the reader understands.
(25-10-2022, 07:57 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]National team will not help HK lah one country 2 systems.

Anyway just sit one side and watch the show.

U everytime bad mouth China, of course national team won't help u lah.  Laughing
(25-10-2022, 07:31 AM)sclim Wrote: [ -> ]real reason for huge fall unknown. market sentiment is very weak. market expecting up before open as us up a lot. then on pre market start to have a lot of dump . market open down then the rest is trigger. long cut lost. shorts add on etc. today should have some kind of a technical recovery

Actually the risk is very real.

Even before Monday after watching the CCP congress on Sunday morning, I issue an order to switch  one China unit trust to a global unit trust.  This is before the massive selloff on Monday. Unfortunately the switch can only be executed on Monday. I switch out half earlier this year.

My point is the selloff is not entirely sentiment but logic.

1. XI advanced the timeline and urgency on Taiwan. Remember what happened in Russia when they invaded Ukraine the stocks collapse and foreigners not allowed to sell.
Even if you don't believe will happen soon the risk is high.

2. Many members of the politburo and standing Committee who are able to reasonably negotiate and strike deals with US and Europe taken out. This can lead to more trade tensions like the chip ban which is devastating to its tech industry.

3. There is a study that shows Xi main goal is nationalism and internal control not economy. Many of his policies like zero covid is harmful to economy.

I think because of sharp selloff there may be a bounce bout those thinking of investing long term have to mind the risk.
(25-10-2022, 08:10 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Actually the risk is very real.

Even before Monday after watching the CCP congress on Sunday morning, I issue an order to switch  one China unit trust to a global unit trust.  This is before the massive selloff on Monday. Unfortunately the switch can only be executed on Monday. I switch out half earlier this year.

My point is the selloff is not entirely sentiment but logic.

1. XI advanced the timeline and urgency on Taiwan. Remember what happened in Russia when they invaded Ukraine the stocks collapse and foreigners not allowed to sell.
Even if you don't believe will happen soon the risk is high.

2. Many members of the politburo and standing Committee who are able to reasonably negotiate and strike deals with US and Europe taken out. This can lead to more trade tensions like the chip ban which is devastating to its tech industry.

3. There is a study that shows Xi main goal is nationalism and internal control not economy. Many of his policies like zero covid is harmful to economy.

I think because of sharp selloff there may be a bounce bout those thinking of investing long term have to mind the risk.
This last sentence coming from one who is heavily weighted in China stocks and presently underwater like sheet

Sell now, already lose like 50%

Dun't sell now will contradict wat you preach here and put ur portfolio to further erósion and mauling in long term

CONCLUSION: You are a fark type investor and a scatterbrain, hindsight trader

CMI
NGMI
SMH
(25-10-2022, 08:27 AM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]This last sentence coming from one who is heavily weighted in China stocks and presently underwater like sheet

Sell now, already lose like 50%

Dun't sell now will contradict wat you preach here and put ur portfolio to further erósion and mauling in long term

CONCLUSION: You are a fark type investor and a scatterbrain, hindsight trader

CMI
NGMI
SMH

Hello, over the course of the year I already said adjust and manage the risks emerging from China.

There is a set of stocks I did not sell for China. It is sized so that risks are contained and I sleep well at night.
(25-10-2022, 08:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, over the course of the year I already said adjust and manage the risks emerging from China.

There is a set of stocks I did not sell for China. It is sized so that risks are contained and I sleep well at night.
Is that so, SgBluff? Lol
Laughing
(26-10-2022, 07:42 AM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Is that so, SgBluff? Lol
Laughing

Yes...what I need to hedge and manage already done.

I already warned of Xi LP and his gang for so long. That is why China fanboys hate me.
(26-10-2022, 07:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Yes...what I need to hedge and manage already done.

I already warned of Xi LP and his gang for so long. That is why China fanboys hate me.
Oh, really are? THEN WHY THE FARK U WENT IN TO BUY AT HIGH PRICE IN THE FIRST PLACE AH??

You enjoy staying in ur mother's basement all these years is it? Or u enjoy throw money into longkang or is it demo fake acct?

What is wat now, please cum clean SgBluff..
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4548537...d=29489132&messageid=must_reads&serial=29489132.2114403&utm_campaign=Must%2BRead%2BOctober%2B25%2C%2B2022&utm_content=seeking_alpha&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&utm_term=must_reads

Junior Leong is going to sheet in his panties Big Grin

Fka master Leong Laughing