SG Talk

Full Version: About 240 assisted living HDB flats for seniors to be launched in Queenstown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Optional services pricing, HDB images, map and full report at: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...se-3027816
50 buck per day ???
Good location for walkers. Right next to rail corridor. Cross the road and can walk from Alexandria Queensway Park Connector to Alexandria Canal Linear Park which will then lead to Marina Bay and then Gardens by the Bay and then East Coast Park etc.

The closest food centre should be Mei Ling Food Centre if one walks. If one takes the bus, Alexandria Village Food Centre and ABC Brickworks should be the ones to go to.

It is also right next to Alexandria Hospital.

The nearest malls are Queensway Shopping Centre, Anchor Point Shopping Centre and Alexandria Central Mall. Near to IKEA too.
(27-10-2022, 04:43 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]50 buck per day ???

I doubt many will pay $50 for that particular optional service (Social Day Care). For me, the only optional service I may have to go for is the Laundry which is expensive at $20-$40 per load. The reason is that the unit looks small and I may not have space for my own washing machine (although picture does show a washing machine).

Maybe I'll also go for the cleaning service at $20 an hour but unlikely since the space is so small. I most probably could manage the cleaning myself.
This to fleece rich old sinkees?
(27-10-2022, 04:49 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Good location for walkers. Right next to rail corridor. Cross the road and can walk from Alexandria Queensway Park Connector to Alexandria Canal Linear Park which will then lead to Marina Bay and then Gardens by the Bay and then East Coast Park etc.

The closest food centre should be Mei Ling Food Centre if one walks. If one takes the bus, Alexandria Village Food Centre and ABC Brickworks should be the ones to go to.

It is also right next to Alexandria Hospital.

The nearest malls are Queensway Shopping Centre, Anchor Point Shopping Centre and Alexandria Central Mall. Near to IKEA too.
When I was renting a room in Queensway shopping centre condo, the horning sirens from the fire engine depot was unbearable and horrible. This is in the early morning and at various intervals.
(01-11-2022, 02:50 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]When I was renting a room in Queensway shopping centre condo, the horning sirens from the fire engine depot was unbearable and horrible. This is in the early morning and at various intervals.

Wah, you are basically right next to it back then. How far does the sound travel? 2 bus stops? If they travel for a distance of 2 bus stops then the location of these new assisted living HDB flats is not that ideal.