SG Talk

Full Version: Can wheelchair use travelator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://theindependent.sg/if-you-want-fa...ngoon-mrt/

‘If you want fast, walk on the ground lah!’ Commenters school man who got upset over wheelchair on travelator at Serangoon MRT

[Image: Screen-Shot-2022-10-26-at-12.09.27-PM-696x385.png]

“A wheelchair was using the track and blocked all the people behind. Thinking just say ‘excuse me’ so they will give a way to go through? Think about it again, there is no room for it,” he wrote, before asking, “Can the wheelchair use this track?" the netizen asked

LupCheong

Of course can use lah. That behind Vietnam ft too self-entitled Liao until post this type of things in his social media
can use on travelator la. this vietnam guy better shut up and go back your country. we dont welcome you here. no social conscious at all, lousy vietnam lousy people.
chao ft come sg bully locals
Be gracious. One day in the future you will be old and probably need to use a wheelchair too. You want others to criticise you?
No. There is no locking mechanism when using wheel chair to ensure ppl taking travelator safety. Shd use lift.  Big Grin
Some NTUC Supermarkets have lift.

When building travelator, it is a must to build a lift.

I also see some young parents pushing baby pram on the escalator. Do you think it is safe?
(30-10-2022, 09:43 AM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]Be gracious. One day in the future you will be old and probably need to use a wheelchair too. You want others to criticise you?

This is not about gracious, it is about safety.
alamak! vietcong stirring again Sad
according the official MRT site, wheelchairs are not allowed on travelator.

LupCheong

This Vietnam ft too much Liao
(30-10-2022, 10:06 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]This is not about gracious, it is about safety.

Apparently you have not used a wheelchair before. There is a lever to lock the wheels on both sides to prevent the wheels from moving. So there is a safety mechanism .
Yes, of course! Even dogs can be on travelator. Must be some country bumpkin from timbaktu making such comments.

LupCheong

Foreigner in people country still Yaya papaya
stupid MRT the travelators damm slow one....should set speed to 10Km per hour
(30-10-2022, 11:32 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]stupid MRT the travelators damm slow one....should set speed to 10Km per hour

Aiyah able bodied guy like yourself shouldn’t even be using the travelators .
(30-10-2022, 10:49 AM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently you have not used a wheelchair before. There is a lever to lock the wheels on both sides to prevent the wheels from moving. So there is a safety mechanism .

Who said I never use a wheelchair before.
My mom bed ridden for 12 years. I think you dont know what I am saying.
Travelator is not for wheel chair.
We must show our own consideration first.
This is a public area.
I always used lift.

If accident happens on travelator, what will you do? Say sorry… Safety first.
Dont make this to be a norm.
For wheelchair, if you dont know about it, you may have bought a standard quality.

I bought the type of wheelchair that currently use in hospital.
No. It is dangerous for all the users both the wheelchair bound person, and the others further below. Why you think our government spent money building the lifts in MRT stations?
Wheelchair users and their caregivers should take the lift !
Others, even elderly folks, waiting for the lift should give priority to them (but not necessarily for their other family and friends accompanying them ), regardless of who arrived first.
(30-10-2022, 02:46 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Who said I never use a wheelchair before.
This is a public area.
I always used lift.

If accident happens maybe these folks will say " welcome to the wheelchair club"!!, 
😡 that is, if the poor victim survives.
(30-10-2022, 03:17 PM)Ahnya Wrote: [ -> ]If accident happens maybe these folks will say " welcome to the wheelchair club"!!, 
😡 that is, if the poor victim survives.

Ya lor. Safety first!
(30-10-2022, 02:46 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Who said I never use a wheelchair before.
This is a public area.
I always used lift.

Unlike those at the airport, the travellators in MRT stations are on a flat surface. They just help you get from point A to B using less leg power, not from 1 floor level to the next hence the usage of lifts here is moot. If wheelchairs are banned on travellators for whatever reason, they should put a sign at the entrance to inform us. Otherwise boh salah.  Of course it is more considerate and  faster to move along with the conveyer, but there are no rules that forbid the user from simply standing on it and allowing the travellator to carry them from 1 pt to another..
(30-10-2022, 03:39 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Unlike those at the airport, the travellators in MRT stations are on a flat surface. They just help you get from point A to B using less leg power, not from 1 floor level to the next hence the usage of lifts here is moot. If wheelchairs are banned on travellators for whatever reason, they should put a sign at the entrance to inform us. Otherwise boh salah.  Of course it is more considerate and  faster to move along with the conveyer, but there are no rules that forbid the user from simply standing on it and allowing the travellator to carry them from 1 pt to another..

As long as the speed is not too fast for non raised type travelator, then it is fine for wheel chair to use. But need to put up signage to inform and warn travelator users.
(30-10-2022, 03:14 PM)Ahnya Wrote: [ -> ]No. It is dangerous for all the users  both the wheelchair bound person,  and the others further below.  Why you think our government spent money building the lifts in MRT stations?
Wheelchair users and their caregivers  should take the lift !
Others, even elderly folks,  waiting for the lift  should give priority to them (but not necessarily for their other family and friends accompanying them ), regardless of who arrived first.

Dun think that is the covention lah. Lifts are for those who cannot take the escalator [some elderlies feel giddy cannot use escalator]. It is a case of 1st come 1st serve [even able-bodied users oso no give priority to wheelchairs].
Escalator is only for going up or down but Travelators are for horizontal long distance. I guess due to some poor planning between Bugis blue and green lines, after taking the escalator need a 5 mins walk.
This is a public area.
I always used lift.

As you have mentioned , it is a public area so anyone can have access to use it. Unless the is a sign saying it is prohibited for wheelchairs to be on it.

LupCheong

Self-centered vietcong
Double confirmed :

[Image: IMG-20221101-152816-edit-339529354911732.jpg]
(01-11-2022, 03:32 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Double confirmed :

Some ppl are really Iron teeth. 
Safety First! Clapping
(01-11-2022, 03:32 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Double confirmed :

Changi Airport has many wheel- luggage and bag trolleys on flat travelator for many years. Toddlers ride on their kiddy wheel luggage on the travelator, too. I doubt it is for safety reasons that this is not allowed in Singapore.
Pages: 1 2