SG Talk

Full Version: Finance Minister, MAS & CPF not willing to talk about OA interest kept @ 2.50%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Finance Minister, MAS and CPF CEO not willing to tell members why OA interest kept @ 2.50% pa?

As at end June 2022, CPF reported balance of $530 billions.

Whats the reason the low interest rate periods being kept for so long?
"With today's rate increase, the benchmark federal funds rate is a range of 3.75% to 4%. Rates are expected to peak at 4.5% to 4.75% in 2023, according to the U.S. central bank's own projections.6 hours ago"

https://www.google.com/search?q=federal+...ates+today&oq=fed+reserves+raised+interest&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0i10i13i512j0i22i30l2j0i10i22i30j0i22i30l2j0i10i22i30j0i22i30.19592j0j4&client=ms-android-oppo-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#:~:text=With%20today%27s%20rate,6%20hours%20ago
OA
RA
SA
XA
YA
AA

Different A different interest tier.
Asking about OA is wrong question.
Which A then is the question.
Great pretender

LupCheong

(03-11-2022, 07:20 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Finance Minister, MAS and CPF CEO not willing to tell members why OA interest kept @ 2.50% pa?

Interesting topics

LupCheong

(04-11-2022, 03:26 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ].
Great pretender

They happy can Liao
(04-11-2022, 06:18 AM)LupCheong Wrote: [ -> ]They happy can Liao

These people were very quick to respond to drugs death penalty and, Russian sanction.

But so reluctant on low 2.50% OA

LupCheong

(04-11-2022, 07:25 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]These people were very quick to respond to drugs death penalty and, Russian sanction.

But so reluctant on low 2.50% OA
Totally agree with you
(04-11-2022, 07:40 AM)LupCheong Wrote: [ -> ]Totally agree with you

All CPF members know @ 2.50% OA interest rate is stupid.

They are far more knowledgeable and updated about financial market than most members, yet they pretending nothing happened.
Singapore ranked second globally for best talent, only Asian nation in top 20

Report sponsor by Temasek..
(03-11-2022, 07:20 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Finance Minister, MAS and CPF CEO not willing to tell members why OA interest kept @ 2.50% pa?

They already discuss in parliament liao. Check out Jamus Lim FB. How come you don't read the news? Funny guy.
(04-11-2022, 09:35 AM)sukhoi_mmd Wrote: [ -> ]They already discuss in parliament liao. Check out Jamus Lim FB. How come you don't read the news? Funny guy.

Since 1 Oct remains unchanged @2.50% for another 3 months to 31 Dec 2022.

It was more than one month ago.

LupCheong

(04-11-2022, 09:56 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Since 1 Oct remains unchanged @2.50% for another 3 months to 31 Dec 2022.

Agree with you
(04-11-2022, 09:56 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Since 1 Oct remains unchanged @2.50% for another 3 months to 31 Dec 2022.

U think they suka suka will change the way they calculate the OA interest rate, based on the market for savings and fixed deposits? If you have hundreds of thousands sitting in your OA, it's understandable if you want to get a higher return, in which case, do your own investments. The huge majority of CPF members won't benefit from any OA interest rate increases as they're using it for property and have to pay back accrued interest.
Ya lor Gov won't change the rate just like kopi & drinks once price up won't come down even inflation come down....similar to train and bus fares
The useless PAP will then shift the Goal Posts again, lor

instead of giving higher rates for our CPF

Their solution is often out of desperate measures

using Cruelty on us
(04-11-2022, 10:38 AM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Ya lor Gov won't change the rate just like kopi & drinks once price up won't come down even inflation come down....similar to train and bus fares

Using 3 months average Banks FD is not correct..never heard of such fixing for CPF pension long term

Should use SIBOR 10 years
(04-11-2022, 11:22 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Using 3 months average Banks FD is not correct..never heard of such fixing for CPF pension long term

Should use SIBOR 10 years

you have a special bank that has SIBOR 10 years? Which bank is that? In fact, is there any SIBOR that's more than 1 year? Please share with us.
You use this forum everyday to complain about the low interest rate given. You expect the people here to fight for you?

Come back from aussieland to fight your own case to the CPF board lah.
(04-11-2022, 12:19 PM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]You use this forum everyday to complain about the low interest rate given. You expect the people here to fight for you?

Oh, Scythian has migrated to Aussieland? If that's the case, he should be contributing his talent and brainpower in Australia instead of spamming in this sinkie forum.
Actually may not be they don't want but they can't.

Don't forget that a lot of our GLC had ventured dip dip and aksi invested dip dip into AT land economy over the last two decades, and unless ish those brainwashed by wumao and red media else can easily see that the economy outcome of AT land ish not looking look good in the next few years and even decade to come.

So where the extra moola to increase the interest and payout? Sad
(04-11-2022, 12:10 PM)sukhoi_mmd Wrote: [ -> ]you have a special bank that has SIBOR 10 years? Which bank is that? In fact, is there any SIBOR that's more than 1 year? Please share with us.

10 years IRS with SIBOR 6 months fixing

actually boh lui?
(04-11-2022, 03:13 PM)Soulhacker Wrote: [ -> ]Actually may not be they don't want but they can't.

Don't forget that a lot of our GLC had ventured dip dip and aksi invested dip dip into AT land economy over the last two decades, and unless ish those brainwashed by wumao and red media else can easily see that the economy outcome of AT land ish not looking look good in the next few years and even decade to come.

So where the extra moola to increase the interest and payout? Sad

Putting more good $$$ trying to revive bad investments..

Top Executive of SWF reported saying to average when things get worse
(05-11-2022, 03:48 AM)Jinwului Wrote: [ -> ]actually boh lui?

Already up lorry
(04-11-2022, 12:19 PM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]You use this forum everyday to complain about the low interest rate given. You expect the people here to fight for you?

You may happily accept 2.50% but clearly, so many CPF  members have savings locked in CPF are not that stupid ...

I still have money in OA like you, your siblings etc and I have to make you understand youre losing money.
SGD currency continues to strengthen
SGD money continues to weaken
Singapore extends Bilateral swap with Indonesia for another year.
as money
[Image: Screenshot-2022-11-05-at-06-18-23-Spot-Gold.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-11-05-at-06-19-06-DXY-U-...-Watch.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2022-11-05-at-06-20-48-MMRI.png]
(05-11-2022, 04:36 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]You may happily accept 2.50% but clearly, so many CPF  members have savings locked in CPF are not that stupid ...

I still have money in OA like you, your siblings etc and I have to make you understand youre losing money.

I don't worry about money. Why should you? can you bring it along when you die?

My siblings too do not worry about their money in their CPF accounts.
(05-11-2022, 08:32 AM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't worry about money. Why should you? can you bring it along when you die?

My siblings too do not worry about their money in their CPF accounts.

You and your siblings may thank me one day.
(05-11-2022, 01:09 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]10 years IRS with SIBOR 6 months fixing

Don't anyhow make things up here lah. if you really want to walk the talk, go and write to ministry of manpower and cpf board. No point for you to act like a hero and keep spamming this forum with your non stop complaining, you thk ministry and cpfb are reading your posts here?
Pages: 1 2