SG Talk

Full Version: Husband saves wife’s life after spotting signs she was having a stroke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marie Claire Dorking·Contributor, Yahoo Life UK
Mon, 7 November 2022 at 6:54 pm

A woman feels "lucky to be alive" after her husband saved her life on their wedding anniversary when he spotted signs she was having a stroke.

Kyle Fahey, 34, a lead maintenance engineer, from Lincoln, noticed his wife Catherine's face was "drooping" and, after giving her a fireman's lift over his shoulder, rushed her to the nearest hospital.

Having been together since they were 19 and married at 21, Ms Fahey believes it was knowing his wife so well that helped Mr Fahey notice the vital change.

"If it had been anyone else, they wouldn't have known the way Kyle did," she adds.

Ms Fahey says the reason her husband knew what to do is because he'd recently seen the Stroke Association's adverts on television, so, he immediately called 999 suspecting his wife was having a stroke.

After being told the wait time for an ambulance was two hours, he found an alternative way to help his wife.

"He literally had to fireman's lift me down the stairs and into the car," Ms Fahey explains.

"Because Kyle acted so fast, doctors were able to treat me really quickly," Ms Fahey explains.

Incredibly Ms Fahey was discharged just two days later on 21 September.

"My mouth on the left-hand side is still a tiny bit sagged, and I have some blurred vision, but I have been completely discharged from physio and speech therapy," she explains.

"I'm on cholesterol tablets and blood thinners for life, and because my vision is blurred I now how to wear glasses.

"I can't push myself exercise-wise as much as I used to, and I've been advised to make sure when I go on runs I'm not alone.

"I have to keep an eye on my heart rate zones when I'm exercising too."

Much better to read full report to get what are the symptoms and what to do: https://sg.style.yahoo.com/husband-saves...56213.html