SG Talk

Full Version: Facebook-owner Meta to cut 13% of its workforce
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just 2 weeks ago my friend working in Sg office flew to their Silicon Valley office in business class
In total 11,000 employees are to be laid off from its worldwide headcount of 87,000 people.
(09-11-2022, 08:19 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]In total 11,000 employees are to be laid off from its worldwide headcount of 87,000 people.

that is not much
less than 20%
Early winter for some
Next, will be Yahoo and Google to retrench staff?
Any sinkies affected?
No retrench then I worry.
With all the tech companies retrenching, I wonder where all these tech workers go to?

Some will be vacationing for a while as I guess they make quite a bit while working in their respective tech companies?
Just checked with my colleague and his son did not receive any retrenchment notification at Google yet. But also likely, Google has a large portion of contract staff.
(10-11-2022, 09:37 AM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.wired.com/wiredinsider/2011/...the-onion/

many still don know. just like google anything free of charge so good. Big Grin
(10-11-2022, 08:07 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]Next, will be Yahoo and Google to retrench staff?

This is what I " suspect , next is Google "
Facebook employees in Spore were asked to leave today
(10-11-2022, 05:08 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Facebook employees in Spore were asked to leave today

mostly CECA also good.
(10-11-2022, 05:17 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]mostly CECA also good.

Sporeans also