SG Talk

Full Version: Anyone familiar with India's history?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was reading up the history of India.

It is quite confusing.

I have read before that Britain ruled India for about 200 years till 1947.

So before that, was India a nation like it is now?

Or was it made up of many separate nations before that?

Any expert? Thanks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_..._1800_BCE)
Fascinating history, not unlike that of China's.

So many different empires took control of India, but never a single one to unify the country, unlike China's Qin dynasty.
Wow. Rule 200 years. Me 2 second already siam far far...
(11-11-2022, 11:05 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Fascinating history, not unlike that of China's.

So many different empires took control of India, but never a single one to unify the country, unlike China's Qin dynasty.

india is not one 
it has many races
they dont believe in unification
only the british unified them
of course break up in many after the british leave
eg parkistan etc etc

india history has less major or big wars 
china has lot and lot of deaths  in all the breakup and unification
(11-11-2022, 12:35 PM)greentiger Wrote: [ -> ]I was reading up the history of India.

It is quite confusing.

Any expert? Thanks.

Are you the real green tiger from edmw?
(12-11-2022, 06:07 AM)fishbuff Wrote: [ -> ]Are you the real green tiger from edmw?

Are you the real fishbuff from edmw?
Greentiger from hwz?
(11-11-2022, 12:35 PM)greentiger Wrote: [ -> ]I was reading up the history of India.
It is quite confusing.
Any expert? Thanks.

Simple - just look at the map of that South Asian country before the AMTK colonise the region in over 300 years ago Big Grin

[Image: India%2BBefore%2Bthe%2BBritish%2BRaj%2B.jpg]
As you can see from that pre-Colonial era, South Asia are (and still is) a very complicated place.

So what did the Almighty English decided to do with their newly conquered subjects ? Simplify and rename the whole region as "British India" - That lasted until 1947 when AMTK cannot tahan Gandhi's peaceful protest anymore.

Reminder - The word "British" comes before "India". Big Grin

[Image: p05bhhdc.jpg]
Then as expected... India's "independence" is anything but peaceful...leading to Partition of India soon after.

Which is what we see today  - A broken up ex-British India into 3 countries namely Pakistan, Bangladesh and India.

Even then, there remains a major unsettled disputes over territories until today.

That's another long story for another day. Big Grin

[Image: _97084719_partition_of_india_624.jpg]
This is Indiapore

[Image: black-outline-singapore-map-black-outlin...800576.jpg]
(22-12-2022, 06:13 PM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]This is Indiapore

Actually, SG share similar recent history as India since both were legacy of AMTK colonialism and later experienced partition.
The fortunate thing is unlike India, SG isn't as complicated since we have a 3/4 majority Chinese sovereign island state that no one thought it will survive, let alone prosper since 9 Aug 1965.

I hope TS isn't as ignorant as he claims to be about difference between SG and India.

Cool
(12-11-2022, 09:17 AM)OutBreak Wrote: [ -> ]Greentiger from hwz?

We know there have been a LOT of newbies recently in SGTalk, some using nicks from HWZ posters.
It is beyond me why they like being a copycat.

Laughing
(22-12-2022, 06:34 PM)Omnipresent88 Wrote: [ -> ]TS showing off again his motherland hiaz

I too smell a STINK behind this Thread.

But then, just play along and share with TS our thoughts on !ncred!ble !nd!a... Big Grin
Actually, India got not much of a history. It only existed for about 75 years. Before that it was the British East India Company (not even a country) and before the British East India, that place consisted of so many different tiny countries ruled by various Maha-Rajas. Nothing much worth knowing. ... Rolleyes
(22-12-2022, 06:34 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]We know there have been a LOT of newbies recently in SGTalk, some using nicks from HWZ posters.
It is beyond me why they like being a copycat.

Laughing

He should change his nick to Black tiger instead.
(22-12-2022, 06:41 PM)OutBreak Wrote: [ -> ]He should change his nick to Black tiger instead.

Till now, TS dare not respond to his own Thread.

Why are we NOT surprised ? Tongue

It is quite confusing.

Any expert? Thanks.

Indeed confusing, there was a period in India history, India disappeared from the Earth.
Indian History can be divided in five broad periods – Vedic period from 6,500 BC to 1,000 BC, Golden period from 500 BC to 800 AD, Muslim period from 1,000 AD to 1,700 AD, British period from 1,700 AD to 1947 AD and finally the period after independence in 1947 which may be termed as contemporary History of India
(11-11-2022, 11:25 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]india history has less major or big wars 

Don't bluff!  Angry

India's legs were always wide open to foreign invaders!  Rotfl

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4957210

I’m not sure what is the scientific explanation behind this, but a lot of pro-CCP peeper seem fascinated with India.
(22-12-2022, 05:21 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]Simple - just look at the map of that South Asian country before the AMTK colonise the region in over 300 years ago Big Grin

united as one country proven cannot progress  should break up into 10 countries or 5 . sure can progress .
(22-12-2022, 05:21 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]Simple - just look at the map of that South Asian country before the AMTK colonise the region in over 300 years ago Big Grin

My brother ManThink, finally we meet again. 

I used to enjoy your threads in EDMW, where have you been and why are you not posting in EDMW anymore?
(23-12-2022, 06:36 PM)greentiger Wrote: [ -> ]My brother ManThink, finally we meet again. 

I used to enjoy your threads in EDMW, where have you been and why are you not posting in EDMW anymore?

Fake tiger pretending.
(23-12-2022, 06:54 PM)OutBreak Wrote: [ -> ]Fake tiger pretending.

Purikura Bro, respond to my message to you in EDMW. I have messaged your nick Purikura there many times on the tactics to attack the Anti-Chinas  there.
(23-12-2022, 06:36 PM)greentiger Wrote: [ -> ]My brother ManThink, finally we meet again.  I used to enjoy your threads in EDMW, where have you been and why are you not posting in EDMW anymore?

You very funni lah.
Since u "enjoy" my threads in HWZ, then you should have learn a lot about British India by now.
So what's the purpose of this Thread when you can easily refer to my past contributions in EDMW ?

Rolleyes

[Image: hwz-britishindia.png]

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...-134601384
(23-12-2022, 02:01 PM)kelhot2001 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure what is the scientific explanation behind this, but a lot of pro-CCP peeper seem fascinated with India.

There is no "scientific explanation" behind this Thread.

I suggest you best put your question to TS. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3