SG Talk

Full Version: Seedly : This is the life of ordinary non-elite S'poreans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
More than 60% of Singaporeans do not have the opportunity of getting a degree.

Life works out to be like this.

[Image: Yc6Pgx4.jpg]

https://blog.seedly.sg/average-singapore...summed-up/
its going to get worse.
It could be worse, so no complaints.
it's being like that since pinky too over.
Not sure about average, but saving as much as possible early on and investing early in relatively safe assets can drastically change the outcome after 20 years.

(21-09-2021, 08:31 AM)debster Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about average, but saving as much as possible early on and investing early in relatively safe assets can drastically change the outcome after 20 years.

That is true but the ordinary Singaporean is very risk adverse. His money locked up in CPF us discouraged from being invested. The govt takes thus money invest it to keep excess return.

The way to fix this whole situation is for 1. Singaporeans to learn financial literacy. 2. For the retirement funds to be properly invested to improve outcomes.

But at the rate property is rising ....it will lock up must of their income in 99yr leases.
(20-09-2021, 08:18 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]It could be worse, so no complaints.

If it is not worse, I worry

Rotfl
Don't complain.
Next will be worse.
Crying moaning and gnashing of teeth.
becos many are dying
(21-09-2021, 08:42 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]That is true but the ordinary Singaporean is very risk adverse. His money locked up in CPF us discouraged from being invested. The govt takes thus money invest it to keep excess return.

The way to fix this whole situation is for 1. Singaporeans to learn financial literacy. 2. For the retirement funds to be properly invested to improve outcomes.

But at the rate property is rising ....it will lock up must of their income in 99yr leases.

There is no choice, need to save harder and start small and invest in retirement stocks (not high risk assets like bitcoin).
(21-09-2021, 08:45 AM)klat Wrote: [ -> ]If it is not worse, I worry

Rotfl

If chenghu no take care of ceca, I worry  Laughing
i hit half of the checklist LOL

and I am happy
Most important is to learn how to adapt when obstacles come, this is the meaning of life.
[Image: jl7nKrf.gif]
in 2017, Ong YK said only 30% of us can have degree.

but FTs all come with a degree. so how to fight with them for a job?

* news removed but I still have the picture

Bomb
(20-09-2021, 07:42 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]its going to get worse.

YEP. Simply because PAP always cannot plan, fail to plan and not willing to plan properly.

Why can't they learn from history. And why refused to copy this beneficial growth for SG? 

[Image: Ong-YK-Degree-is-over-rated-Comments.png]
(21-09-2021, 10:22 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]YEP. Simply because PAP always cannot plan, fail to plan and not willing to plan properly.

Why can't they learn from history. And why refused to copy this beneficial growth for SG? 

[Image: Ong-YK-Degree-is-over-rated-Comments.png]

Good point...this govt under educated Singaporeans for decades saying no need to have degree then import foreigners with degree...this is inconsistent and not beneficial to Singaporeans. In fact put Singaporeans at a disadvantage resulting in lack of opportunity.

For years NUS computer science reject Singaporean applicants many of them end up missing the IT boom that saw jobs going to foreigners.

We never see the govt ever learning lessons from the past...how are we supposed to trust then with our future.
(20-09-2021, 07:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]More than 60% of Singaporeans do not have the opportunity of getting a degree.

Not sure why you'd think like that. Most Singaporeans do have the opportunity to get a degree.
The main problems are in steps 3 to 7. If you pay a lot for wedding and housing, that is when you start dying. If you just go for honeymoon (no costly banquet or photo shoots) and simple HDB, you can lead an "extraordinary" life in Singapore.
(21-09-2021, 10:43 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why you'd think like that. Most Singaporeans do have the opportunity to get a degree.

So how many % have degree?
(21-09-2021, 10:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]So how many % have degree?

You cannot measure it by the % who have degree. People who do not do well when they're younger can proceed to get their diploma first then get a degree later. Why must all admit to the university at the same time?
Actually why got this Computer Science ? Study what huh? Computer or science? Can together meh?

No wonder all like going into insurance or property agent
(21-09-2021, 10:52 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot measure it by the % who have degree. People who do not do well when they're younger can proceed to get their diploma first then get a degree later. Why must all admit to the university at the same time?

Yes, some get it different times and from different Universities. Some buy University degrees too and some fake the degrees. Better not to follow like the ceca people.
(21-09-2021, 10:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Good point...this govt under educated Singaporeans for decades saying no need to have degree then import foreigners with degree...this is inconsistent and not beneficial to Singaporeans. In fact put Singaporeans at a disadvantage resulting in lack of opportunity.

For years NUS computer science reject Singaporean applicants many of them end up missing the IT boom that saw jobs going to foreigners.

We never see the govt ever learning lessons from the past...how are we supposed to trust then with our future.
Angry Angry Angry
(20-09-2021, 07:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]More than 60% of Singaporeans do not have the opportunity of getting a degree.

[Image: Yc6Pgx4.jpg]

https://blog.seedly.sg/average-singapore...summed-up/

Looking at that portrayal .... the average paying Singaporean best dun get married
(21-09-2021, 10:43 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why you'd think like that. Most Singaporeans do have the opportunity to get a degree.

Our parents were too poor and had to work at young age. Not possible to pursue a degree.

Our era,  MOE set quota. Also not possible to have a degree.

Now, children are told not to pursue a degree because those jobs are given to FTs. 

Next time, will be worse.
(21-09-2021, 04:16 PM)Symmetry Wrote: [ -> ]Our parents were too poor and had to work at young age. Not possible to pursue a degree.

Our era,  MOE set quota. Also not possible to have a degree.

Now, children are told not to pursue a degree because those jobs are given to FTs. 

Next time, will be worse.

Last time no degree can say because no money but now, this is not really a reason anymore. 

I don't think any parents will now forfeit the chance for their children to go university because 'jobs are given to FTs'. My philosophy is, dun just listen to the govt, we must decide on what's the best course for ourselves.
(21-09-2021, 10:02 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]in 2017, Ong YK said only 30% of us can have degree.

but FTs all come with a degree. so how to fight with them for a job?

* news removed but I still have the picture

Bomb

Their degree real or run of the mill production. Thinking
(21-09-2021, 06:21 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Last time no degree can say because no money but now, this is not really a reason anymore. 

I don't think any parents will now forfeit the chance for their children to go university because 'jobs are given to FTs'. My philosophy is, dun just listen to the govt, we must decide on what's the best course for ourselves.

There are still many families living below the poverty line and some families struggling to make ends meet.
Pages: 1 2