SG Talk

Full Version: I watch entire Parliament debate saw no evidence CECA /FT policy benefit S'poreans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those who say the debate proves  implementtion CECA/FT has been beneficial to S'porean. Plse explain evidence/proof you saw - I am open....but. I did not see any.

For a start lots of distorted debating. More than once the govt repeated misinformation. For example they claimed that PSP wanted to completely cut off foreign workers - this is not true. They also put words into mouth of PSP claiming they said the CECA allow unconditional entry to Singapore until now - where is the proof PSP or WP said this?

For a debate to be constructive it helps that we stay away from misinformation and half truths. We all know immigration issues are all about numbers - what is the correct number. If import too many until property prices double in a short time and MRT packed like sardine is not a good thing. If we cut off all foreign labor many businesses can't even operate.

It helps that everyone recognise the  issue for what it is, it is not whether we have FT/immigration or not but if we have the optimal number to maximise benefit of Singaporeans. Singapore take in more foreign labor per capita than any other developed country. The number is on the extreme side and never justified to us why such a extreme number is correct. Using GDP or GDP per capita is also flawed as Singapore has the 2nd highest inequality among developed nations so such a measure hardly to trickles down to ordinary Singaporeans.

WP put up a motion for govt to be pro-acfive in releasing data that show the effects on Singaporeans. This was rejected by the PAP.

Why would a govt who claims that it's policy benefit Singaporeans not want to show data that proves it claims. So it can cherry pick what to show?

I have already said for the govt to show that CECA benefits Singaporeans show the "before" and "after" picture. No point to say that Singaporeans take up majority of jobs after CECA because before CECA they also take up majority of jobs....in fact this "majority" declined after CECA. 

If weight loss programme works then the weight of people BEFORE the programme is more than after they attend the programme. Same if we want to know if CECA benefit Singaporeans the BEFORE and AFTER data has to be given.

Release the BEFORE CECA and After CECA stats so we can assess effects:

1. Cost of living BEFORE and after CECA.
2. % of Singaporeans in IT Before and after CECA.
3. Poverty levels 
4.. Job Security
5. Retrebchment rate.
6.Access to services like medical, dental has cost gone down and quality gone up?
7. Employment rate and unemployment rate BEFORE and AFTER.
.. etc...

Only when we look at before than we can understand what is going on.
I dont even have to waste my time to watch to know the answer
These pappies do not have integrity and ethics. What they say in public is different from what they say in private.

We heard it from HC (fake PMO officer), CCS (Sporeans are idiots) and Vivian (illiterate RI). 

How can you trust their facts, figures and stats? 

You can never tell what they are holding behind their backs, or when they are screwing us.
(21-09-2021, 07:17 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote: [ -> ]These pappies do not have integrity and ethics. What they say in public is different from what they say in private.

We heard it from HC (fake PMO officer), CCS (Sporeans are idiots) and Vivian (illiterate RI). 

You can never tell what they are holding behind their backs, or when they are screwing us.

Data wont lie, only human lie.
current MPs do not support and care for our citizens they only chasing after things that can bring them money.
(21-09-2021, 06:37 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]I dont even have to waste my time to watch to know the answer

The trouble is until now they refuse to admit it! Angry
PnP supports ceca and are against Singaporean.

That is why everyday, they sing song about how good ceca is but they bad mouth Singaporeans and Schools even.
The main problem of CECA is Time has changed.
The old does not apply.
German LAW issued 14 days Notice 27th of August 2021
add 14 gives eve of 911. 10092021
On 11th of september a plane bearing the no. 119 left Kabul.
This people hope that more of us die of Covid better than they can import more south Asian can replace us.
(21-09-2021, 07:17 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote: [ -> ]These pappies do not have integrity and ethics. What they say in public is different from what they say in private.

They never do self reflection
(21-09-2021, 04:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Those who say the debate proves  implementtion CECA/FT has been beneficial to S'porean. Plse explain evidence/proof you saw - I am open....but. I did not see any.

Release the BEFORE CECA and After CECA stats so we can assess effects:

1. Cost of living BEFORE and after CECA.
2. % of Singaporeans in IT Before and after CECA.
3. Poverty levels 
4.. Job Security
5. Retrebchment rate.
6.Access to services like medical, dental has cost gone down and quality gone up?
7. Employment rate and unemployment rate BEFORE and AFTER.
.. etc...

Only when we look at before than we can understand what is going on.
You think an uncaring administration gives a shxt about your seven obvious sufferings Singaporeans are going through? 

The thing is this CECA/FT policy brings great benefits to the coffers and the well beings of their elite class but not the peasants. You think they will bite the bullet and forgo the lucrative FT/CECA policy to alleviate the hardships of the peasants at their expenses?......... Rolleyes
A play is on.
China will build electric car with talibon lithium
(21-09-2021, 07:23 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Data wont lie, only human lie.

Sometimes,  the designer plays with the definition to tweak the numbers too.
Let me check their Bull Sheet one by one. Here is Ong YK's flawed argument where he will talk about FTA and not CECA.

Anyway, no one and not PSP ever said that FTA is not critical. So why he anyhow shoot blank?

None of his points said it benefits you, me or my neighbour.

Correct. Checked!

[Image: Ong-YK-FTA-is-critical-for-survival-2021.png]
Next person to be checked is Tan SL.

He said CECA did not give unfetted access due to requirements by ICA and Work Pass.

That idiot don't know that EP does not know have levies nor quota and is giving CECA FREE FLOW?

CECA seems to be the only notorious people in the world ie UK, Australia, Canada . . . .where they will flood their villages using all sorts of excuses. They can only blame themselves for their 25 years bad habit.

Anyway, nothing said about CECA benefitting you ,me or my neighbour.

Correct. Checked.

[Image: Tan-SL-ICA-Work-Pass-requirements-on-CECA-July-21.png]

You hit the right points.  Like i said before, I don't trust any of their datas or statistics.  All these are creation of oneself and self said so. Black  
can becomes white and vice versa.  They are best in dramas and only good at performing flip flop styles.
Singapore companies can better access investment opportunities and increase trade with India. As a part of our network of FTAs, CECA also makes Singapore a more attractive base for global companies, encouraging them to base themselves in Singapore and enter the Indian market from here.

These have resulted in the creation of good jobs for Singaporeans.

With tariff reduced under CECA, Singapore companies’ products are more competitively priced in India's large consumer market.

More than 3,000 tariffs have been zeroed under CECA, and another 2,000-plus tariffs reduced. Products that benefit include the following:

CECA gives preferential access for Singapore service providers and investors in sectors of interest: including engineering, banking, telecommunications and real estate development. Such access gives them more opportunities to expand beyond Singapore.

Clear provisions, such as those spelling out dispute resolution processes, give Singapore investors greater confidence and protect their investments in India.
(21-09-2021, 11:16 AM)puntfast2 Wrote: [ -> ]Singapore companies can better access investment opportunities and increase trade with India. As a part of our network of FTAs, CECA also makes Singapore a more attractive base for global companies, encouraging them to base themselves in Singapore and enter the Indian market from here.

With tariff reduced under CECA, Singapore companies’ products are more competitively priced in India's large consumer market.

More than 3,000 tariffs have been zeroed under CECA, and another 2,000-plus tariffs reduced. Products that benefit include the following:

CECA gives preferential access for Singapore service providers and investors in sectors of interest: including engineering, banking, telecommunications and real estate development. Such access gives them more opportunities to expand beyond Singapore.

Clear provisions, such as those spelling out dispute resolution processes, give Singapore investors greater confidence and protect their investments in India.
You must be one of them under the guise of a ceca.  Exactly like one.
(21-09-2021, 11:16 AM)puntfast2 Wrote: [ -> ]Singapore companies can better access investment opportunities and increase trade with India. As a part of our network of FTAs, CECA also makes Singapore a more attractive base for global companies, encouraging them to base themselves in Singapore and enter the Indian market from here.

Once can generically say all the above for any trade agreement.

At the end of the day we want to know how it benefits Singaporeans.

I think the debate does not address the effect of the influx. They say it is not caused by CECA and CECA is innocent. But the benefit of the influx is not proven.  So at the end be it CECA or foreign talent policy or immigration policy...did Singaporeans benefit?

Also CECA results in mutual recognition of qualification ...means it is less difficult for Indian Nationals to come ...
(21-09-2021, 11:21 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]You must be one of them under the guise of a ceca.  Exactly like one.

Is he a CON man? Thinking