SG Talk

Full Version: Sometimes is wiser to get new instead repair?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if you noticed come electronics, be it computer, tablet, handphone you go sent to repair , if you noticed they only warrenty for it like few months at most ,

Means within these months anything faulty due to the repair you can go back fix again .

But who knows while getting repair , other compoments inside get mess up? Again have to depend how trusted, skillful that tech is fixing your stuff.

Perhaps this is why people rather buy a new one also with new specs.
China made one sure break down fastest.
If repair is not very expensive should still try it first. Sometimes after repair you can use for another couple of years.
If no more guarantee can throw away lah
(14-11-2022, 05:23 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]China made one sure break down fastest.

no leh. I use hp tv etc.. all ok.
(14-11-2022, 04:33 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]if you noticed come electronics, be it computer, tablet, handphone you go sent to repair , if you noticed they only warrenty for it like few months at most ,

Means within these months anything faulty due to the repair you can go back fix again .

But who knows while getting repair , other compoments inside get mess up? Again have to depend how trusted, skillful that tech is fixing your stuff.

Very easy to know especially for computer repair. Big Grin

Just need to check which component has residual flux or new soldering.

Always remember if opening a laptop, always remove the built-in battery connector first. This stupid design causes some noobs spoilt their laptop unknowingly.
depend got parts or not, those $8000 massage chair u better buy warranty after year one.
else u can't find parts on the mkt even u wan to DIY/repair
One thing actually now a days not much skillful tech even yes " just half past six one anyhow fix as long can work again that it thus they might accidentally spoil another parts "

Next the repair also not cheap , transport + have to see which part spoil first

Summary this is why people rather buy new one.

I used to ask for a tv repair as warrenty already no more , call back the manufacturer. They claim have to depend which part inside spoil when the tech come down thus you will need to pay transport fee first.

summary is quite troublesome come " repair progress " sometimes you need to wait for weeks than repair finish.
(14-11-2022, 05:26 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]If repair is not very expensive should still try it first. Sometimes after repair you can use for another couple of years.

encounter before, get fix use for just one year spoil again but is not that repaired parts. Is another part get faulty.

Than I never get repair anymore. Perhaps already used for years so no point fix on part later suddenly another part faulty.

Just like. Human , when we age knee cap weak, go check eat medicine , feel ok later arm become weak lol...
(14-11-2022, 05:23 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]China made one sure break down fastest.

May or may not be the case. But I know for certain Samsung products have a relatively short lifespan. And if they are launching a newer product, best not to update current product with new firmware... Somehow it makes it bad such that you will go upgrade to newer product... So I boycott Samsung now. Lol
Learn to repair.
Because many times it is just a small component....Once you find and replace it is okay.

Also electronics if last, it can use for very long due to burn in. You replace the faulty part the remaining parts last very long

I used to take home fans that are not working replace the capacitor then give it to neighbors who need it. 5yrs later the fan is still working fine.

Most devices like smart phones become obsolete before they they are spoilt...
It really depend on the pricing of new replacement and the servicing cost.

For expensive items normally low SES like moi will tend to try repair option first (but also depend on the repair cost. Eg aircon\PC\fridge\TV etc If >$400 then may not worth to do so liao)

If more affordable items (eg those smaller kitchen appliances or fan type) once spoiled and no longer under warranty, would tend to just replace with new one.

Mobile phone moi only use those cheaper lower end model that either come discounted\free with the renewal contract or ish cost less than $700 type like Samsung J and A series, so not really worth to repair after warranty. Sad
(14-11-2022, 04:33 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]if you noticed come electronics, be it computer, tablet, handphone you go sent to repair , if you noticed they only warrenty for it like few months at most ,

agreed

definitely

lost virginity faster also

Aiya, repair or dun repair all depends on what equipment is not working. If the item is car or air-condition you dun go and get a new one once it is faulty. May be cheap items like Ah Butt's $1 waterproof watch I will throw away once it stop instead of sending for repair.    Big Grin
(14-11-2022, 06:54 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Aiya, repair or dun repair all depends on what equipment is not working. If the item is car or air-condition you dun go and get a new one once it is faulty. May be cheap items like Ah Butt's $1 waterproof watch I will throw away once it stop instead of sending for repair.    Big Grin

His watch is 1cent, not $1  Big Grin