SG Talk

Full Version: NY declares state of emergency in 11 counties ahead of massive snowstorm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The most significant snowfall is expected Thursday and Friday with accumulations of up to four feet of snow possible in the Buffalo area and up to two feet or more of snow possible in the Watertown area, with snowfall rates of three or more inches per hour.

The State of Emergency applies to the following counties, as well as contiguous counties: Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Jefferson, Lewis, Niagara, Oneida, Oswego, St. Lawrence, and Wyoming.

Lake Effect Snow Warning and Winter Storm Watches are in effect through Sunday evening for several counties in the Western New York, Finger Lakes, Central New York and North Country regions.

NY is implementing a full commercial vehicle ban at the following locations beginning Thursday at 4 p.m.:

Interstate 190 - Route 62 to I-90
Interstate 290 - full length
Interstate 990 - full length
Route 33 - full length
Route 219 - Route 39 to I-90
Route 400 - full length
Buffalo Skyway Route 5 - full length
I-81 - Exit 33 to Canadian border - trucks use right lane only

To find the latest traffic and travel conditions, call 511, visit www.511ny.org or download the free 511NY mobile app.

https://www.fox5ny.com/weather/ny-state-...storm-2022
very dangerous to drive on wet snow and icy roads. make sure the windscreen wipers are working and strong to wipe off heavy snow, and change to snow tyres