SG Talk

Full Version: Why I disagree with the govt Covid19 strategy....they are making a BIG MISTAKE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been following govt rules and guidance on COVID19 faithfully often doing much more to protect myself and my family. I am a strong supporter of vaccination and requested to get it early.

In a crisis, one do not have luxury of good  information and situation is full of uncertainty necessiting trade offs and imperfect solutions. Whatever govt does some people will oppose because of this and that. I am mindful of this.But  I strongly disagree with the current direction our govt is taking based on my analysis of the facts 

1.Like many I thought the vaccine will end this crisis but the virus is able to mutate and vaccines turned out to be less effective that thought with 80% loss of effectiveness after 6 months 

2. There are 2 strategies available to us. The TW, HK vs Western US, UK, Israel strategy. The western country citizens are rebellious and have certain disregard for govt rules so at some point they have no choice but to placate the population by opening up or the citizens will disobey the rules anyway resulting in protests etc. So it is understandable why they tend towards the opening up strategy. Singapore does not have to follow. We have the option to implementing the TW HK strategy and watch UK US do their experiment. If it works then we followl later.

3. There are many risks of the UK US strategy. 
a.) The virus is still mutating so a new variant that completely defeat the vaccine is possible. b.) As the vaccine effectiveness fade, you need boosters which again it's less certain in terms of effectiveness and safety - FDA only approve for age 65+ given uncertainty. c) The assumption that deaths will be limited rest on tenuous belief the vaccine is effective and no breakthrough variant emerge 

If you look at US data, the deaths are now heading towards levels near the previous peak where problems with hospital resources . It is not suppressed to manageable levels at all.

[Image: P83ip39.jpg]

4. At some point a U turn is inevitable and you are back to square 1 after many lives are lost 

5. The UK US strategy, appear to be an experiment doing something and hoping for the best. A decision made by politicians under pressure from a populace whose  behavior has resulted in many deaths  -refusal to wear masks, refusal to restrict activity. What has happened in thesebcountries is a tragedy with US having >600k covid deaths. Why are we following the strategy of countries that have fumbled so badly  when we have choice?

6. Even if their strategy  works we can follow it after it is proven and not lose much. The economic gains are thus far marginal as trourists are too afraid to come even if we open up. 

7. The risk we are taking with the lives of people far outweigh the marginal gains. We have the option of watching other countries embark on the experiment first then doing so later. It would be a wiser move to do this 

8. What we are doing now is really flawed. It carries all the mistakes of decision making a) being impatient when you have time b) taking big risks with small gains c) not learning from other's mistakes d) not revising decisions when situation change and new information emerge e) not evaluating all options available in a wise calculated manner.

9. There is nothing seriously wrong with TW HK strategy and little downside. Once they got their case number to zero demestic economic activity can be normalized while borders remain tightly controled. With our strategy the rising cases will result in fear and people stay home, the tourist don't come and hospital fill up and we need to U turn resulting negative returns for the price we pay in lives lost.

10. In conclusion I believe we have gone down the wrong pathdue to poor decision making of our leaders.
(22-09-2021, 04:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I have been following govt rules and guidance on COVID19 faithfully often doing much more to protect myself and my family. I am a strong supporter of vaccination and requested to get it early.

In a crisis, one do not have luxury of good  information and situation is full of uncertainty necessiting trade offs and imperfect solutions. Whatever govt does some people will oppose because of this and that. I am mindful of this.But  I strongly disagree with the current direction our govt is taking based on my analysis of the facts 

1.Like many I thought the vaccine will end this crisis but the virus is able to mutate and vaccines turned out to be less effective that thought with 80% loss of effectiveness after 6 months 

2. There are 2 strategies available to us. The TW, HK vs Western US, UK, Israel strategy. The western country citizens are rebellious and have certain disregard for govt rules so at some point they have no choice but to placate the population by opening up or the citizens will disobey the rules anyway resulting in protests etc. So it is understandable why they tend towards the opening up strategy. Singapore does not have to follow. We have the option to implementing the TW HK strategy and watch UK US do their experiment. If it works then we followl later.

a.) The virus is still mutating so a new variant that completely defeat the vaccine is possible. b.) As the vaccine effectiveness fade, you need boosters which again it's less certain in terms of effectiveness and safety - FDA only approve for age 65+ given uncertainty. c) The assumption that deaths will be limited rest on tenuous belief the vaccine is effective and no breakthrough variant emerge 

If you look at US data, the deaths are now heading towards levels near the previous peak where problems with hospital resources . It is not suppressed to manageable levels at all.

4. At some point a U turn is inevitable and you are back to square 1 after many lives are lost 

5. The UK US strategy, appear to be an experiment doing something and hoping for the best. A decision made by politicians under pressure from a populace whose  behavioe hasbresulted in many deaths  -refusal to wear masks, refusal to restrict activity. What has happened in thesebcountries is a tragedy with US having >600k covid deaths. Why are we following the strategy of countries that have fumbled so badly  when we have choice?

6. Even if their strategy  works we can follow it after it is proven and not lose much. The exonomic gains are thus far marginal as trourists are too afraid to come even if we open up. 

7. The risk we are taking with the lives of people far outweigh the marginal gains. We have the option of watching other countries embark on the experiment first then doing so later. It would be a wiser move to do this 

8. What we are doing now is really flawed. It carries all the mistakes of decision making a) being impatient when you have time b) taking big risks with small gains c) not learning from other's mistakes d) not revising decisions when situation change and new information emerge e) not evaluating all options available in a wise calculated manner.

9. There is nothing seriously wrong with TW HK strategy and little downside. Once they got their casw number to zero demestic economic activity can be normalized while borders remain tightly controled. With our strategy the rising cases will result in fear and people stay home, the tourist don't come and hospital fill up and we need to U turn resulting negative returns for the price we pay in lives lost.

10. In conclusion I believe we have gone down the wrong pathdue to poor decision making of our leaders

U split into 9 points but each point is talking about the same thing. Can't u just summarize into a paragraph? Rotfl
(22-09-2021, 04:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I have been following govt rules and guidance on COVID19 faithfully often doing much more to protect myself and my family. I am a strong supporter of vaccination and requested to get it early.

5. The UK US strategy, appear to be an experiment doing something and hoping for the best. A decision made by politicians under pressure from a populace whose  behavioe hasbresulted in many deaths  -refusal to wear masks, refusal to restrict activity. What has happened in thesebcountries is a tragedy with US having >600k covid deaths. Why are we following the strategy of countries that have fumbled so badly  when we have choice?

6. Even if their strategy  works we can follow it after it is proven and not lose much. The exonomic gains are thus far marginal as trourists are too afraid to come even if we open up. 

9. There is nothing seriously wrong with TW HK strategy and little downside. Once they got their casw number to zero demestic economic activity can be normalized while borders remain tightly controled. With our strategy the rising cases will result in fear and people stay home, the tourist don't come and hospital fill up and we need to U turn resulting negative returns for the price we pay in lives lost.

10. In conclusion I believe we have gone down the wrong pathdue to poor decision making of our leaders

I think you shd have heard of a Chinese idiom, 将错就错。Not everybody has the courage to admit the mistake he makes.
Now it is a team, even not possible?
好的不学, 坏的一学就会
(22-09-2021, 07:04 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]I think you shd have heard of a Chinese idiom, 将错就错。Not everybody has the courage to admit the mistake he makes.

Is every skool a good skool? Laughing
(22-09-2021, 07:04 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]I think you shd have heard of a Chinese idiom, 将错就错。Not everybody has the courage to admit the mistake he makes.

Means we head downhill ....
(22-09-2021, 12:35 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Why I disagree with the govt Covid19 strategy....they are making a BIG MISTAKE

Your 10 points are valid.

what is your proposed or alternative  solution ?
(22-09-2021, 12:35 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Means we head downhill ....

why our opposition PSP and WP did not voice the same concerns like you in parliament ?

are they agreeing with PAP on covid strategy ?

why are they keeping quiet on the rising number and deaths ?
(22-09-2021, 07:30 AM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]好的不学, 坏的一学就会

you hit the nail right on the head  Laughing
how is china/macau mthods different from hk/tw? if anything good can consider
Remember anything too complicated noone care.
So we say you are poisoned.
(22-09-2021, 12:35 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Means we head downhill ....

I have already said many times.
Rotten already.
Now, the only hope they have is newer vaccine is more effective than existing vaccine and hope existing vaccine can withstand current mutated variants.

I have said b4, human has little knowledge on bacteria and virus world. Just like we know little about our deep ocean.
(22-09-2021, 03:55 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]I have already said many times.
Rotten already.
Now, the only hope they have is newer vaccine is more effective than existing vaccine and hope existing vaccine can withstand current mutated variants.

I have said b4, human has little knowledge on bacteria and virus world. Just like we know little about our deep ocean.
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up
Quote:
Quote:(We) are not chasing down every single case, which means unlinked numbers are also not as relevant as before," said  Mr Ong during a press conference by the COVID-19 multi-ministerial task force.

Situation is getting more and more unsafe with deaths rising and cases untraced. They are not putting all effort to contain situation.

Vax and Unvax risk death from the disease. They are not chasing every case.

The only choice we have is to stay home for our safety.
Elderly should not go out at all look at the deaths recently 60yo passed away.

Our vaccination is also weakening at the same time.

It is getting more and more dangerous.

What the govt is doing are doing makes no sense. You can just say way to want and plan to do and carry out as the virus is not your servant and lives of people is at risk.
(23-09-2021, 04:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Situation is getting more and more unsafe with deaths rising and cases untraced. They are not putting all effort to contain situation.

Vax and Unvax risk death from the disease. They are not chasing every case.

The only choice we have is to stay home for our safety.
Elderly should not go out at all look at the deaths recently 60yo passed away.

Our vaccination is also weakening at the same time.

It is getting more and more dangerous.

What the govt is doing are doing makes no sense. You can just say way to want and plan to do and carry out as the virus is not your servant and lives of people is at risk.
They are not trying to contain the virus anymore. U still don't get it? They whole idea is to first give some experimental vaccine as a form of protection then later let the virus spread so as to achieve real herd immunity. The purpose of the vaccine is to try and reduce casualty while achieving herd immunity.
We got Big problem.
We have jabbed 80% of our people with POISONS.
The spiked pathogens are your your poisoned blood cells.
Actually under high magnifications u see them yes with holes
RHS->

[Image: Screenshot-2021-09-23-at-07-34-57-GRAPHE...CCINES.png]
(23-09-2021, 06:57 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]They are not trying to contain the virus anymore. U still don't get it? They whole idea is to first give some experimental vaccine as a form of protection then later let the virus spread so as to achieve real herd immunity. The purpose of the vaccine is to try and reduce casualty while achieving herd immunity.
That is the idea I disagree with as it can fail with tragic consequences.
(23-09-2021, 07:48 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]That is the idea I disagree with as it can fail with tragic consequences.

Those who's destined to die will die. We are not god. No one can prevent death. There is no other idea for a small island who's dependent on the world for a living.
(23-09-2021, 08:03 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Those who's destined to die will die. We are not god. No one can prevent death. There is no other idea for a small island who's dependent on the world for a living.

We are destined to die...all of us but that doesn't me we should anyhow risk our lives and end it early.
(23-09-2021, 08:11 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]We are destined to die...all of us but that doesn't me we should anyhow risk our lives and end it early.

If u r not destined to die, even if you exposed to lots of covid, u will still survive. If u r destined to die, even if u hide inside the bunker u will also die. It's not up to you whether to end early or not.
it's easy to disagree, but any better idea?
(23-09-2021, 08:40 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]it's easy to disagree, but any better idea?

I already state clearly the strategy Singapore should take in my post
(23-09-2021, 09:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I already state clearly the strategy Singapore should take in my post

you mean those 10 pts? other than "follow the hk tw strategies" which is very vague, there's nothing else
Now only waiting for first SG kid to die from covid...and dun be afraid, this is as normal as one kid died from road accidents.
https://www.covid-datascience.com/post/i...vaccinated

The vaccine is actually quite effective in preventing serious illness albeit not infection, especially below 50 years old. Perhaps that why these NUS professors are considering the endemic path, Esp when vaccination is fresh the last 2 months
We are going for natural immunity as our bodies fight it out. Inactivated vaccines are still a better choice. Now, it is a real battle with live viruses.
For TS who don't work and pay no tax , he is assuming that every Sinkies can leech on their parents.. Rotfl
ah butt is very fortunate. no worry for housing and family, no need car and overseas travel, din waste 3/4 yrs in university - all these things that he anti.
(22-09-2021, 07:33 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Is every skool a good skool? Laughing

You believe their bullshxt? Thinking
Now even good school also got psycho killer.
Scary sia.
Pages: 1 2 3