SG Talk

Full Version: MAN SHOWS HOW UNSAFE A DIGITAL LOCK IS, UNLOCKED MAILBOX WITH A MAGNET
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MAN SHOWS HOW UNSAFE A DIGITAL LOCK IS, UNLOCKED MAILBOX WITH A MAGNET
https://_bannedsite_full_of_defamatory_c...d_id=78182
I saw a man in his 40s also just use penknife to slide

all his rubbish flyers into HDB mailbox

although many people have closed the lid

I told him not to spoil our letterboxes but he argued back 哪里有 ?
I saw one mail box at my block use this digital lock
(26-11-2022, 01:55 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I saw one mail box at my block use this digital lock

Why use a digital lock for a simple mailbox.............? Thinking
(26-11-2022, 02:03 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Why use a digital lock for a simple mailbox.............? Thinking

I also don't know, got one thing While I open my mail box as usual happen to see one mail box got this kind of lock.
that's for cheap and simple digital locks. for digital door locks, the solenoid is inside the house, not accessible from outside
(26-11-2022, 02:06 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I also don't know, got one thing While I open my mail box as usual happen to see one mail box got this kind of lock.

Don't envy the one who uses a digital lock for their mailbox................ Rolleyes
I love that comment in the article asking the thief to pay the bills while he is at it opening the mailbox. Lol
(26-11-2022, 02:12 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Don't envy the one who uses a digital lock for their mailbox................ Rolleyes

ha you are wrong, I don't fancy about digital lock for your info.
(26-11-2022, 02:21 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]ha you are wrong, I don't fancy about digital lock for your info.

That is very good......... Clapping
The problem with digital locks is that their manufacturers know how to design the tech behind figure print reader or rfid, but not the lock itself.

(26-11-2022, 02:30 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with digital locks is that their manufacturers know how to design the tech behind figure print reader or rfid, but not the lock itself.

Is there a typo error, "figure print" as opposed to "finger print"".... Rolleyes
aiya dun buy those low cost, unbranded electronic products, with lots of misspellings in manuals. save a few dollars but give u lots of problems
Wah I see this lock every where due.tk Lazada sales.it was.selling cheap
I don’t understand why people need a digital kick for letter box. A simple lock is good enough.
(26-11-2022, 06:06 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t understand why people need a digital kick for letter box. A simple lock is good enough.

Smile Is not I traditional , I study IT , electronics. Yet I not the guy into what latest technology. I know the trend but end of the day is all about " earning money from the IT corporation , electronic corporations etc "

It don't say make you life suddenly become easy care free. Is about " style and cool to own this using it that all "

Key still the best ,
like wise using Hard cold cash instead on digital payment
In China condos all the main doors are digital. Can open even if u are overseas using hp to unlock.
here 3, 4 yrs ago all new condo unit main doors already use digital or smart locks, either samsung or yale. dun want aso cannot.
(26-11-2022, 07:07 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]here 3, 4 yrs ago all new condo unit main doors already use digital or smart locks, either samsung or yale. dun want aso cannot.

That one is ok, by " default " " if " happen you plan to buy a condo

I mean why need to change to digital lock whereby now using key is ok .
(26-11-2022, 07:17 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]That one is ok, by " default " " if " happen you plan to buy a condo

I mean why need to change to digital lock whereby now using key is ok .

aiya for convenience mah. when go out no need to bring door and gate key, and you got no key to lose. when go near yr car, its doors aso automatically unlocked for you. very convenient right
(26-11-2022, 07:28 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]aiya for convenience mah. when go out no need to bring door and gate key, and you got no key to lose. when go near yr car, its doors aso automatically unlocked for you. very convenient right

Smile this is why I say is so call " feel cool doing it " but still using Key better just like using Hard cash dollar notes.
(26-11-2022, 07:28 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]aiya for convenience mah. when go out no need to bring door and gate key, and you got no key to lose. when go near yr car, its doors aso automatically unlocked for you. very convenient right

I think ppl should invent a pcc machine. That one brings more convenience.
(26-11-2022, 07:34 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Smile this is why I say is so call " feel cool doing it " but still using Key better just like using Hard cash dollar notes.

aiya technologies keep advancing but you can afford to ignore them, like old folks like to q up at the banks
(26-11-2022, 08:37 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]aiya technologies keep advancing but you can afford to ignore them, like old folks like to q up at the banks

Sometimes the analog age is better than the digital age, cos in the digital age a password can be compromised and broken into. Using a lock and key system is a fail-safe method to overcome this. In the digital age, many scams are carried out via the internet/computers, and the loss can be in the millions............. crying
(26-11-2022, 08:48 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes the analog age is better than the digital age, cos in the digital age a password can be compromised and broken into. Using a lock and key system is a fail-safe method to overcome this. In the digital age, many scams are carried out via the internet/computers, and the loss can be in the millions............. crying

using keys is ok lah, just dun write yr address on them and lose them.

imaging one of yr condo units needs repairs or viewings, just give the pw to the contractors or agents. when it is done, just reset the pw remotely with app, no need to bring keys to them. how convenient.