SG Talk

Full Version: How inflation is taking a toll on young Singaporeans' life plans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How inflation is taking a toll on young Singaporeans' life plans

https://www.todayonline.com/big-read/how...ns-2056326
Wow this articles is so …….
Why are these young people so entitled?

Why must you have a wedding that has a
1000 guest?

My wedding only 20 table

Why must stay in mature estate BTO? If not, don’t buy? The opportunity cost? All bto will increase in price after MOP, cash out then and upgrade.
I opt non mature estate for my matrimonial home. It was a no brainer

And the guy working as property agent should be raking the money in with rental and housing cheonging.

The civil servants featured in the interview enjoys iron rice bowl and extra year end bonus and increment are scared and worried? How about the non civil servant

Singapore has no hope.
Until recently, 29-year-old Mr Ng had been an architect earning less than S$4,000 a month before he quit to become a property agent, and his girlfriend whom he would like to get married to in the next two years works in the civil service.

Thus, it was “not feasible” for them to muster the funds for a BTO flat in a mature estate or any concrete plans post marriage, said Mr Ng, who declined to give his full name.

“It’s difficult for me to accept moving to, say, (the non-mature estates in) Woodlands, Yishun or Tengah that are more affordable.”

Adding that he comes from a modest family, he said:“I don’t want to replicate that kind of situation for my kids. If I cannot afford a good life for them, I’d rather they not be around to have a terrible life,” he added.
Vote wisely and don't be a dumbfark.
Like her sister, Ms Namirah Awang, 26, had planned to invite 1,000 relatives and friends to her own wedding next year.

But her sister’s wedding in February 2020 — weeks before Covid-19 was declared a global pandemic — cost about S$40,000 all-in.

To hold a wedding the same size next year would set Ms Namirah back twice that amount. Although the venue would be an upgrade from her sister's, it would only be for four hours compared with the three days her sister rented her venue for.

“It’s been very, very anxious in terms of how we do our budgeting,” said Ms Namirah, an educator.

“I really think that things need to stabilise before we can have a kid. After the marriage, we’ve got to have a house, then we can talk about children.”
RISING COSTS
Financial adviser Jeremy Tiang said that many of his clients, who like him are in their early 30s, have become a lot more conservative over the past three years of frequent market turmoil and are putting off having children because of the cost of raising them.

“A lot of them are putting off having a kid for at least a year. They don’t want to bring up a kid when they are so stressed,” said the 31-year-old senior manager of financial services at Advisors’ Clique.

What is Jeremy talking? Was the market turmoil for last 3 year? Thot only since last year?
Dun have such a big head dun wear such a big hat.