SG Talk

Full Version: Anyone using the Fairprice app to avoid queueing to pay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28-11-2022, 08:09 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Convenient to use?

https://www.fairprice.com.sg/go-digital-in-stores/

Yes, extremely convenient. U can scan your items anywhere in the supermarket and make payment then go to the machine to scan and verify your receipt. Don't have to queue at the counter.
(28-11-2022, 08:12 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, extremely convenient. U can scan your items anywhere in the supermarket and make payment then go to the machine to scan and verify your receipt. Don't have to queue at the counter.

Need to queue at machine to verify receipt? Wouldn't that be just another queue? If more and more people use the ap, the queue will be quite long right?
(28-11-2022, 08:27 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Need to queue at machine to verify receipt? Wouldn't that be just another queue? If more and more people use the ap, the queue will be quite long right?

Verifying of the receipt is quite fast. Just scan a QR code and it's done. Sometimes there's queue but it's due to people queuing up to pack their items.
Out the cash n cards..convenient
The more apps and convenience you have

the more you are a likely target for Scammers
Not really convenient,  still need to get staff to verify items, discounts etc .

Sometimes the app doesn't work because of WiFi interference. 

That's why not popular.
(28-11-2022, 08:27 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Need to queue at machine to verify receipt? Wouldn't that be just another queue? If more and more people use the app, the queue will be quite long right?

I chose to queue and pay the casher with card than doing the scanning and packing the items myself. I tried using that machine a few times but gave up because I hated doing the scanning and packing things into the plastic bags myself because I am very clumsy with doing this stuff. 
If just buying one or two items, then there shud be no issue but for one full cart is quite tough...  Big Grin