SG Talk

Full Version: lady who was victim of unauthorized cc transactions writes letter to stanchart CEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Mr Lee,

It is with great sadness that I write this open letter to you. Yet I feel that I have no other choice given the way that Standard Chartered has behaved over the last month with regards to disputing three unauthorised transactions when my credit card was stolen in Thailand at the end of October.

I followed all the procedures and acted as a responsible cardholder by immediately notifying the bank about the loss of the card and lodging a police report which I sent to the bank via the online portal.

I followed up numerous times with the bank regarding the issue throughout November with no response. It was only on November 30th, more than a month after the incident, that the bank deigned to reply to me. Without any in-depth explanation or further outreach, they informed me in a terse, impersonal and unfeeling email that two of the three transactions amounting to SGD1903.51 and SGD3489.77 could not be disputed because they were “card presented” transactions. I do not know what this means because no one in Standard Chartered to date, has been able to explain this satisfactorily.

I have looked up the Cardmember’s Agreement and the Association of Banks in Singapore’s Code of Practice regarding credit card loss/theft. It is clearly stated that the most I would be liable for in such a case is 100 SGD. There is no mention of “card presented” transactions in the conditions for liability.

More at https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/chillin...e-next-day
I lost Sgd 2,500 to black shop in HKG years ago
If Stan Chart can pay $15k or $30k salary to CECA

why the IT security is so slow and no preventive action in October?
(01-12-2022, 10:01 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]If Stan Chart can pay $15k or $30k salary to CECA

Could be Ce.ca is in charge of IT security ma
(01-12-2022, 10:01 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]If Stan Chart can pay $15k or $30k salary to CECA

The IT dept. is run by CECA....? Angry
Wont be surprised
Dbs also behaved badly called peoples up 9am shouted for less than 50 dollars fees customer owed, is a lady some more, turned out is a don't know what type of cheque book which is not cheque book but a loan in disguised, specially designed to confused customer during signed up credit card, someone ticked the loan cheque book for you, they refused to admit the cheat until mas intervened

They also refused to waive customer credit card fees, the email response was terrible, why other banks can waive? They can't
Greedy
If you look at their officers above, all walking with eyeballs look at ceiling one, very arrogant, we don't need this sort of peoples to manage the money for commoners, they have high standard, very atas don't deal with small timer
I think the bank need to seriously reflect their own characters
Now hoe ching no longer with temasek, so they become more wayward
Stand Chart and DBS used to be highly- esteemed banks

But he past 5 years, their reputation stinks worse than dustbin
SC confirmed a lot of Ceca in IT as my army reservist fren work there and weekday he is half Ceca weekend back to Chinese. Now MR no more contact dunno he still work there or not