SG Talk

Full Version: Gojek: Consumers need to foot the bill for workers’ CPF contributions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was PAP who wanted them to contribute to CPF

but why consumers are punished??
Should be pegged to taxi driver.. If taxi driver need to pay, Grab and Gojek driver need to pay as well. If not, all don't need to pay.
(03-12-2022, 01:47 PM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]Should be pegged to taxi driver.. If taxi driver need to pay, Grab and Gojek driver need to pay as well. If not, all don't need to pay.

Contributions to CPF is beneficial for everyone.  At age 65, can at least get some money, when retired......... Big Grin
(03-12-2022, 01:47 PM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]Should be pegged to taxi driver.. If taxi driver need to pay, Grab and Gojek driver need to pay as well. If not, all don't need to pay.

Should peg to minister salary lah. Rotfl
It's clear that if someone's pay needs to increase then it is borne by someone else, unless the overall pie gets bigger and everyone's pay increases.

However, the fact is, the overall pie doesn't grow that much, so the middle-class is always the one topping up. It's time that the rich get a smaller share of the pie so that the rest benefit. However, the govt's argument is that of the rich get a reduced share we will chase them away and then the overall pie becomes smaller.
Let it be voluntary top- up and stop using "we care" type of motherhood statement to exploit them.
Money has to come from somewhere ....you can’t expect company to magically produce this money especially when Grab and Gojek both lose money

This is something " puzzle " what I know taxi driver don't even need to contribute CPF is up to them " their wish to top up "
way back 80s, 90s i know this neighbour who is a taxi driver at comfort G he all long never put money in his CPF.
(03-12-2022, 05:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Money has to come from somewhere ....you can’t expect company to magically produce this money especially when Grab and Gojek both lose money

But the owner made $b leh.
gov nothing better to do. now we tax payer have to paid . we vote U to serve the community not the other way round. vote wisely. make this sg so difficult to live in
(03-12-2022, 07:59 PM)jus4lucky Wrote: [ -> ]gov nothing better to do. now we tax payer have to paid . we vote U to serve the community not the other way round. vote wisely. make this sg so difficult to live in

I watch 1 YouTube by a prc about China super rich migrating to SG. SG is heaven for rich but hell for majority sinkees!
(03-12-2022, 06:08 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This is something " puzzle " what I know taxi driver don't even need to contribute CPF is up to them " their wish to top up "
way back 80s, 90s i know this neighbour who is a taxi driver at comfort G he all long never put money in his CPF.

Taxi drivers like those of a private company owned by a single person, need not contribute to CPF....as it is optional for them to do so. In the end, they may not have money in CPF to live on in their retirement years....... crying nudie
(03-12-2022, 08:22 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Taxi drivers like those of a private company owned by a single person, need not contribute to CPF....as it is optional for them to do so. In the end, they may not have money in CPF to live on in their retirement years....... crying nudie

Who told u own company no need pay CPF? Go ask PAP need to pay or not before u anyhow talk cok.
I thought taxi drivers or any self employed person wl have to contribute to CPF MA on their own. As for the other CPF pots, they don't need to contribute unless they wanna self volunteer.
PAP is the same 15 years ago and now

We talk about Excess FTs, they arrow the FWS

We talk about safety, they punish the Riders

We tallk about responsibility, they say no impact on Temasek investments