SG Talk

Full Version: [PSA] Go Korea also now need to apply for ETA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New change since Sep 2021. Even countries that have Visa free need to apply for the ETA Korea has a new way to suck $$$ from tourists.

Don't end up like the kuku guy who wanted to go Aussie without ETA and got turned away

[Image: 6131bebc-b97a-40ab-81b2-7918f301a9bd.jpg]
S. Korea is similar to the US. Have to fill in the ETA. Agree to give your personal information.

For the US, in the future, you might have to have 2 email accounts and 2 handphones.
It's a shame Korea's making it a bit more complicated for travelers now, huh? I remember back when you could just breeze in without much hassle. But hey, rules change, I guess.Funny you mention it though, because on my last trip there, I had a bit of a panic moment. See, I'm usually the type to double-check everything, but somehow I missed this whole ETA thing. So there I was, at the airport, all excited for my Korean adventure, only to realize I didn't have the right paperwork. Talk about a facepalm moment!Luckily, a friend tipped me off about K ETA, this electronic travel authorization thingy. Honestly, it was a lifesaver. I managed to sort it out right there at the airport, but let me tell you, it was a close call.
(03-12-2022, 09:19 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]S. Korea is similar to the US. Have to fill in the ETA. Agree to give your personal information.

For the US, in the future, you might have to have 2 email accounts and 2 handphones.
Why waste time to go to these countries what have they got to offer?