SG Talk

Full Version: Bad News for FD Rate Hike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FED only lifted 0.5% instead of 0.75% overnight for the month of December.
My Uncle told me , this time the recession is " playing Slow torture " instead one shot.
The next middle generation might not be buying cars or houses. Only the rich will do it.
(15-12-2022, 01:29 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]FED only lifted 0.5% instead of 0.75% overnight for the month of December.

?? Expected mah. This is expected news.
expected news . bad news for bank shares.
(15-12-2022, 01:30 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]My Uncle told me , this time the recession is " playing Slow torture " instead one shot.
Interest rates hv gone up too much in such a short span of time. It needs to take a breather.
(15-12-2022, 02:22 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Interest rates hv gone up too much in such a short span of time. It needs to take a breather.

Inflation is still high just that it is slightly lower by 0.2 in the U.S.
(15-12-2022, 02:24 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Inflation is still high just that it is slightly lower by 0.2 in the U.S.
Actually, inflation measurements varies with different countries. Countries that keeps increasing GST can ultimately causes inflation to goes up high. This wil hurts the citizens more.
(15-12-2022, 01:33 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]The next middle generation might not be buying cars or houses. Only the rich will do it.

Only civil servants can afford
What is important is the terminal rates. Powell said 5.1% next year.
(15-12-2022, 02:43 PM)revealer Wrote: [ -> ]What is important is the terminal rates.  Powell said 5.1% next year.

That is much higher than the initial target of 4% Sad
(15-12-2022, 02:41 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Only civil servants can afford

Rank and file civil servants not really highly paid. It's those in management positions
(15-12-2022, 04:36 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Rank and file civil servants not really highly paid. It's those in management positions

Those in management only ask those rank and file to do their work.......... crying Gross