SG Talk

Full Version: Garment Shall Fine Smokers at Windows Constantly Cause Air Pollution to Neighbours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are a lot of heavy smokers who like to stand at window for hours smoking nonstop, all the neighbours downstairs and upstairs suffer every day, all they can do is to close all windows but they can’t close windows forever, every time they open the windows the strong toxic smoke comes into their living rooms, bedrooms, study rooms, kittens even toilets. Is that no way to stop this nonsense? Confused
People shall not be afraid to make complaints to garment about these selfish people’s irresponsible behaviours or habits that harm others, garment shall take actions to capture & fine these idiots. Maybe let them clean the rubbish at public facilities in the neighbourhood or do some community work, which is better.
[Image: 6-E5-C9-D86-DCAD-4769-8106-EB38-A0-FEFF87.jpg]

[Image: B6-D002-A1-E4-CB-4-DFD-9-DD4-52-E57989-D1-E5.jpg]

[Image: 057-E340-D-B890-48-B3-95-C8-25-C08-E6896-E0.jpg]
Impossible to enforce properly
(15-12-2022, 02:33 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Impossible to enforce properly

Can do it based on the number of complaints to black list these people.
FULLY SUPPORT THIS PROPOSAL
(15-12-2022, 02:10 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of heavy smokers who like to stand at window for hours smoking nonstop, all the neighbours downstairs and upstairs suffer every day, all they can do is to close all windows but they can’t close windows forever, every time they open the windows the strong toxic smoke comes into their living rooms, bedrooms, study rooms, kittens even toilets. Is that no way to stop this nonsense? Confused
This is indeed true. My elderly neighbour always smoke at his windows that is quite close to mine and I cannot bear the smell. No choice I hv to close my window.
I always close windows late nights to prevent cigarette butts thrown into my home chiboomba when I am sleeping.
(15-12-2022, 03:05 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]I always close windows late nights to prevent cigarette butts thrown into my home chiboomba when I am sleeping.

Please take snapshots and submit to NEA using the App, NEA will install camera to capture the person and find him $2500 for the first offence, $5000 for the 2nd offence snd $10000 for the 3rd offence.
(15-12-2022, 02:10 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of heavy smokers who like to stand at window for hours smoking nonstop, all the neighbours downstairs and upstairs suffer every day, all they can do is to close all windows but they can’t close windows forever, every time they open the windows the strong toxic smoke comes into their living rooms, bedrooms, study rooms, kittens even toilets. Is that no way to stop this nonsense? Confused

Now got CCTV everywhere liao lah! Big Grin Even the lamppost outside your windows also got lah!
(15-12-2022, 04:01 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Now got CCTV everywhere liao lah! Big Grin Even the lamppost outside your windows also got lah!

But CCTVs are not allowed to point at people’s home & windows due to privacy.

pls enlighten us how to implement.
(15-12-2022, 04:04 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]But CCTVs are not allowed to point at people’s home & windows due to privacy.

CCTV can see you when you are showering lah! Big Grin
(15-12-2022, 05:38 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]CCTV can see you when you are showering lah! Big Grin

You must be joking.......... Laughing
(15-12-2022, 05:42 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]You must be joking.......... Laughing

You don't believe meh?  Thinking

No use one. We complained about this problem to the town council more than 10 years ago. The staff who spoke to us sounded very frustrated. Later we realized that he was a smoker himself. From that day onward, we stopped all complain because we spent too much time calling the town council but no action has been taken .
Ban cigarette.  If want to smoke go to istana there..
(15-12-2022, 05:54 PM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]No use one. We complained about this problem to the town council more than 10 years ago. The staff who spoke to us sounded very frustrated. Later we realized that he was a smoker himself. From that day onward, we stopped all complain because we spent too much time calling the town council but no action has been taken .

Is this menace to be reported to town council or to NEA.......or other authorities........? Laughing Gesti-109
Talk many times can ban chewing gum cannot ban tobacco? Why becuz tobacco tax a lot so earn a lot of monies mah. Then since allow we got all such issues. My neighborhood lagi considerate smoke outside near the staircase. And he also bring a can to put the cigarette butt BUT he forget to remove the can which I presume he want to continue use in his next smoking session???? The can no cover so the smell linger near the staircase which is near my flat