SG Talk

Full Version: Heard a 74 yo Auntie Tell Another Auntie She’s U Graduate & Now Works at Coffeeshop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cleaning tables, she used to work 3 part time jobs as she can’t depend her son who is only after her money. Her husband passed away already.
Pitiful life experience.
Plan for a biz that you can do when old. Not alot.... but there is.

All current modern jobsssss will fired you eventually. So forget long term on current jobs.
(22-12-2022, 10:39 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]Plan for a biz that you can do when old. Not alot.... but there is.

All current modern jobsssss will fired you eventually. So forget long term on current jobs.

Can run a cleaning business for offices or stand on as your office’s cleaning lady washing all the cups for big bosses in the morning what. Confused
(22-12-2022, 11:04 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Can run a cleaning business for offices or stand on as your office’s cleaning lady washing all the cups for big bosses in the morning what. Confused

One option.... quite a good biz.
yes it is true.

me Phd and now worked as cardboard collector.
(22-12-2022, 11:08 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]yes it is true.

Phd in what area ?
(22-12-2022, 11:10 AM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]Phd in what area ?

Must be in the Waste Recycling & Management lah. Laughing
(22-12-2022, 11:16 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Must be in the Waste Recycling & Management lah. Laughing

My uncle has MBA and high profile in Keppel & NOL

also end up as PHV driver
(22-12-2022, 11:19 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]My uncle has MBA and high profile in Keppel & NOL

No matter what senior post you are holding now, 20 years later must find another job with much less pay after you are expired. Companies prefer new blood, fresh stock, cheap and cheaper.
(22-12-2022, 11:19 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]My uncle has MBA and high profile in Keppel & NOL

Work to kill time?? Age??

Cardboard collection is a good exercise. Rotfl
[Image: giphy.gif]
after retirement u can’t get back the job once work
So many went to work as cleaners at Mac..etc.
To pass time or money not enough
Cannot depend on children. I've seen so many cases of children conning their parents to give them the house then refuse to support them.

Nowadays parents dun bother to educate their children on what is filial piety.
(22-12-2022, 11:25 AM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Work to kill time?? Age??

Because my aunt everyday um- um- cham- cham

so he got fedup and became PHV driver

to avoid her
So work as a form of escapism, not out of basic needs. 
The irony of life....
(22-12-2022, 02:14 PM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to PAP

I don't have to work for the rest of my life

As I have a fully paid 5I HDB flat in Queenstown

And a MILLION $$$ in my CPF

But I want to keep my mind ACTIVE

To ward off DEMENTIA

So I decided to make full use of my PSLE genius mind

To embark on the 2nd leg of my DAY TRADING journey

Which will last forever

Song boh?
You are smart guy lah. Not everyone iz like you. Your IQ high , EQ not dat high. Sometimes I wonder if you are deliberately polishing PAPayas apples just to get citizenship for your laubu or something bcos you are oso strangely short-sighted when it come to our nations governance.
(22-12-2022, 11:10 AM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]Phd in what area ?

Philosophy
(22-12-2022, 01:03 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Cannot depend on children. I've seen so many cases of children conning their parents to give them the house then refuse to support them.

Nowadays parents dun bother to educate their children on what is filial piety.
Children these days are different from one generation ago, they only think about themselves and their  immediate needs, and let the old parents fend for themselves....... Angry
(22-12-2022, 01:05 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Because my aunt everyday um- um- cham- cham

so he got fedup and became PHV driver

to avoid her
cannot divorce??

Bro. you are pulling our legs.............. Rotfl Laughing nudie Gesti-109

You kena Permanentheaddamage? Thinking
(22-12-2022, 02:14 PM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to PAP

I don't have to work for the rest of my life

As I have a fully paid 5I HDB flat in Queenstown

And a MILLION $$$ in my CPF

But I want to keep my mind ACTIVE

To ward off DEMENTIA

So I decided to make full use of my PSLE genius mind

To embark on the 2nd leg of my DAY TRADING journey

Which will last forever

Song boh?

Most O'level grads in the 80s also got HDB or Condo

You can regret and repent for voting for Current PAP

[Image: Quotes-U-voted-for-it.png]
(22-12-2022, 02:22 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]You are smart guy lah. Not everyone iz like you. Your IQ high , EQ not dat high. Sometimes I wonder if you are deliberately polishing PAPayas apples just to get citizenship for your laubu or something bcos you are oso strangely short-sighted when it come to our nations governance.

You have brought out a good point.  Some ppl, praise the govt. because they want something from them, like a PR or a new citizen for themselves or for their family members........................... Clapping Gesti-109
(22-12-2022, 10:07 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Cleaning tables, she used to work 3 part time jobs as she can’t depend her son who is only after her money. Her husband passed away already.

then you never ask her she voted for who ? Rotfl
so much for our education system being one of the best in the world
(22-12-2022, 10:07 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Cleaning tables, she used to work 3 part time jobs as she can’t depend her son who is only after her money. Her husband passed away already.

Very few would believe, she misses all those years of Singapore economic growth as a third world country to become an advanced nation..

Where was this lady hiding over the years..
(22-12-2022, 07:30 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Very few would believe, she misses all those years of Singapore economic growth as a third world country to become an advanced nation..

Where was this lady hiding over the years..

In the 80s graduates only earned $500 per month.

These days having a MBA is common........... Clapping
Pages: 1 2