SG Talk

Full Version: US life expectancy is at its lowest in 25 years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Published 1 day ago

As per the 2021 data, Americans are expected to live 76.4 years, down from a peak of 78.8 years in 2019.

It also shows the US continues to rank lowest among countries with large economies.

Heart disease remains the leading cause of death, followed by cancer and Covid.

The finalised numbers confirm preliminary ones released by the CDC in August, in which the health agency predicted the worst two-year decline of life expectancy on record in the US since 1923.

"The declines in life expectancy since 2019 are largely driven by the pandemic," the agency said in an August news release.

"Covid-19 deaths contributed to nearly three-fourths, or 74%, of the decline from 2019 to 2020, and 50% of the decline from 2020 to 2021."

Drug overdose deaths are also a factor. They now account for more than a third of all accidental deaths in the US

Life expectancy in the US remains lower than the UK, where the average is 80.8 years. It is also lower than neighbouring Canada, where life expectancy as of 2020 is 81.75 years.

Of both countries, the US spends the highest amount of money on healthcare. Per capita, the US pays US$12,318 (£10,217), while the UK spends US$5,387. Canada's healthcare spending, in comparison, sits at US$5,511 per capita.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64067436
Many murders drug overdose deaths.
Country is rotting from all over.

I am stunned people still go there unnecessarily
Why risk getting shot just to do sight seeing?
(24-12-2022, 11:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Many murders drug overdose deaths.

self destruction , rotting from the inside out.
(24-12-2022, 11:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Many murders drug overdose deaths.

While drug deaths are one of the main causes of the drop in life expectancy, the biggest contributor to the drop in life expectancy is COVID-19.
Singaporean life expectancy also dropped recently
(24-12-2022, 02:44 PM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Singaporean life expectancy also dropped recently

I think most countries' life expectancies dropped recently due to COVID-19. The difference is how big the drop as it depends on the number of Covid deaths/population.
(24-12-2022, 02:44 PM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Singaporean life expectancy also dropped recently

Just checked. Dropped by 0.2 years in 2021.

https://www.singstat.gov.sg/find-data/se...atest-data
(24-12-2022, 02:48 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]I think most countries' life expectancies dropped recently due to COVID-19. The difference is how big the drop as it depends on the number of Covid deaths/population.

In USA u can die within 2 years if kena shot for fun. Rotfl
it's the vaccine lah...............happening elsewhere too.................even here.............