SG Talk

Full Version: pay S$0.20 extra for adding more sugar syrup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A customer was asked to pay S$0.20 extra for adding more sugar syrup to the S$1.50 beancurd sold at a shop in Geylang. She refused and walked away empty-handed. 

➡️ http://bit.ly/3BYc7q0

Follow us on @mothershipsg for the latest updates
suitable eat. no suitable leave. that is fair.
The cup $1?🤣🤣🤣
Once l ordered soursop juice without ice fr the shop near the ATM at rivervale plz. I have to top up 50cts which l thought l will be getting more fruit. Then l noticed she put in same no. of scoops of the fruit but added more water instead. In fact she even threw away excess juice water. Wtf, l paid xtra 50cts for diluted juice. I never went back again
(25-12-2022, 08:36 PM)Harry Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Once l ordered soursop juice without ice fr the shop near the ATM at rivervale plz. I have to top up 50cts which l thought l will be getting more fruit. Then  l noticed she put in same no. of scoops of the fruit but added more water instead. In fact she even threw away excess juice water. Wtf, l paid xtra 50cts for diluted juice. I never went back again

That is plain cheating......... Angry
I went to the wet market toilet. Pay 40 cents, they give me 2 stacks of folded toilet paper. Then I remembered, 30 cents is for 1 stack of toilet paper.
(25-12-2022, 08:46 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]I went to the wet market toilet. Pay 40 cents, they give me 2 stacks of folded toilet paper. Then I remembered, 30 cents is for 1 stack of toilet paper.

That is too much, the most the charge should be 20 cents, for using the toilet and getting the toilet papers......... Angry
She did the right thing to walk away. Nowadays hawkers or retailers in the habit of charging extra for every request.
(25-12-2022, 08:55 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]She did the right thing to walk away. Nowadays hawkers or retailers in the habit of charging extra for every request.

Yes, there are extra charges for extra chili, extra garlic or more chai poh etc........ Angry
Another rubbish. 
Boycott this freaking stall.

What about those customers who buy and don't want sugar ? Any 20 cents discount or cheaper?

Zero sum game bastard.

Profiteering Committee...where are you??
(25-12-2022, 09:31 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Another rubbish. 
Boycott this freaking stall.

What about those customers who buy and don't want sugar ? Any 20 cents discount or cheaper?

Zero sum game bastard.

Profiteering Committee...where are you??
They are no where to be found......... Angry
(25-12-2022, 08:36 PM)Harry Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Once l ordered soursop juice without ice fr the shop near the ATM at rivervale plz. I have to top up 50cts which l thought l will be getting more fruit. Then  l noticed she put in same no. of scoops of the fruit but added more water instead. In fact she even threw away excess juice water. Wtf, l paid xtra 50cts for diluted juice. I never went back again

You already passed the money to her?

If not, then just pay her the original price.

No need to be paiseh.  She is out to cheat you, and so you know where you should stand.
(25-12-2022, 09:45 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]You already passed the money to her?

If not, then just pay her the original price.

No need to be paiseh.  She is out to cheat you, and so you know where you should stand.
Singkees are a timid lot.......... crying
(25-12-2022, 08:55 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]She did the right thing to walk away. Nowadays hawkers or retailers in the habit of charging extra for every request.

Prices of things are increasing or have increased.

Hawkers are trying to make more money using such means.

If they display the imncrease price, it is fair....let the market pan out bvetween buyer and seller....but please, not like the above case of giving people more water and charging 50 cents more.
(25-12-2022, 09:49 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Prices of things are increasing or have increased.

Hawkers are trying to make more money using such means.

If they display the imncrease price, it is fair....let the market pan out bvetween buyer and seller....but please, not like the above case of giving people more water and charging 50 cents more.
It is just plain robbery.............. Angry
Today, hear the wet market man says like very pathetic, everything increased and will also increase again.
(25-12-2022, 09:52 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Today, hear the wet market man says like very pathetic, everything increased and will also increase again.

Can increase but not a big jump in price............. Clapping
Now, it is because of the festive periods.
(25-12-2022, 09:47 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Singkees are a timid lot.......... crying

I have not yet come across the above case, but if it happens to me, I would do what I wrote.

A person would get angry with you if you cheat him.  For example, if a hawker has cooked your food, is charging you fairly, and you don't pay up, he will get angry with you.

But if he is the one who's trying to cheat you, and you stand firm, he needs to be a very actor to appear angry.  He'd probably think, wow! this guys is smart, not easy to cheat him...rather than be angry with you because it's not you cheating him but he cheating you.

So no need to be scared.  Laughing
(25-12-2022, 09:52 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]It is just plain robbery.............. Angry

You cannot say like this.

A hawker may be selling you char kway teow or soya bean, whatever.

But when he goes and cut hair, buys shoes, buys a new light bulb, prices have gone up.

He has to pay more.

Where is he going to find the money other than charging more for his food?
(25-12-2022, 10:04 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot say like this.

A hawker may be selling you char kway teow or soya bean, whatever.

But when he goes and cut hair, buys shoes, buys a new light bulb, prices have gone up.

He has to pay more.

Where is he going to find the money other than charging more for his food?
Can by all means charge more, but not charge exorbitant prices............. Clapping
Soft drinks manufacturers laughing all the way to their banks. Less sugar packed but no price reduction. Case pretend not to know.
(25-12-2022, 10:19 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Soft drinks manufacturers laughing all the way to their banks. Less sugar packed but no price reduction. Case pretend not to know.

These days ppl here are health conscious they order coffee O without sugar, do they get a discount......? Angry
(25-12-2022, 10:16 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Can by all means charge more, but not charge exorbitant prices............. Clapping

As I sad, he should post his price clearly on the wall or window pane.  Let the buyer decide.  

In the above case, if he is going to charge 50 cents for "without ice and replace that with water", then paste it up, let the customers know.  Not just collect the money, do a hat trick, and try his luck with a customer whom he hopes may not see it.

Same with price increase for the usual meals.  If it was previously $3 and $4 for small and big respectively, and he wants to charge $3.50 and $4.50, state it down.  If he wants to charge $4.50 and $5.50, then also sate that down.  Let the buyer decide.

If he wants to charge one night's worth of zhut zhut by your daughter for a containes, by all means write that down as well.