SG Talk

Full Version: Work smart and not work hard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
True?
Definitely true. I've seen many who trumpet their work even though they have done very little, and these people will usually progress faster than others who achieved more but quietly.
dont need to put 100% on your work.
75% will do.
(28-09-2021, 02:21 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote: [ -> ]dont need to put 100% on your work.
75% will do.

If you're talking about career progression in fact dun need 75%. Just need to make it sound like your 10% effort is equivalent to a 100% one. But personally, it cannot get pass me. I'm used to putting in 100% regardless whether there is career progression.
Many smart people take credit from others when they did nothing, and point finger at people when something goes wrong due to their fault.
U need both quslities to ensure success in yr career.
I have been seeing less and less office politics.
Thanks for covid and thanks for work from home.
(28-09-2021, 04:35 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Many smart people take credit from others when they did nothing, and point finger at people when something goes wrong dud to their fault.

Actually not about smart or not smart, it's whether you're unscrupulous enough to do it.
Most bosses will take advantage on his staff.
Then claim credits.
(28-09-2021, 02:08 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely true. I've seen many who trumpet their work even though they have done very little, and these people will usually progress faster than others who achieved more but quietly.

its just hearsay fabricated by smart and lazy person, but most of the time, he/she is not successful.

A successful person is of course smart but never lazy, but when he/she work hard, he/she won't shout out loud so you don't even know when she work hard.

Lazy people work a bit only will shout very loud "i work very long hour".

In some cases, lazy people may have some money but for for sure its easy money from parent or some "sources", but definitely not from work.
Bala's Law.
try sell me a Pen

than I see you really smart at work or not.

Smile
I work smart in office and work hard at home.
(29-09-2021, 01:42 PM)Strawberry Wrote: [ -> ]its just hearsay fabricated by smart and lazy person, but most of the time, he/she is not successful.

A successful person is of course smart but never lazy, but when he/she work hard, he/she won't shout out loud so you don't even know when she work hard. 

Lazy people work a bit only will shout very loud "i work very long hour".

In some cases, lazy people may have some money but for for sure its easy money from parent or some "sources", but definitely not from work.

Not true. I was in an organization with plenty of extremely intelligent people, and I can see that those who were successful were not those who work the hardest, nor deliver the most. They tend to be people who are able to show that they work the hardest. Instead many more intelligent people who deliver more were not as successful.
(29-09-2021, 03:07 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Not true. I was in an organization with plenty of extremely intelligent people, and I can see that those who were successful were not those who work the hardest, nor deliver the most. They tend to be people who are able to show that they work the hardest. Instead many more intelligent people who deliver more were not as successful.

I guess they are intelligent people and they know the best way to do thing with the best results.  when work hard does not mean you can produce the best result, its the result the that matters i guess.
To me, it is ok to sell your 10% effort to be 100%.. It is part of sales, as long as your customer (aka boss) buys it.

What I can't accept is, claiming credit/work that is not yours (aka steal others credit)..

Part of working smart is also to know who are those who make other people work for free and claim them as his/her credits, and not to be make used of by such people..
(29-09-2021, 03:12 PM)Strawberry Wrote: [ -> ]I guess they are intelligent people and they know the best way to do thing with the best results.  when work hard does not mean you can produce the best result, its the result the that matters i guess.

It's nothing to do with intelligence. Many are just good marketeers. Of course, out of those who can market themselves, there are some who are truly good but it cannot be generalized into something to mean that all people who are successful are hardworking and smart. Nope, this is the case.
(28-09-2021, 01:55 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote: [ -> ]True?

It will depend on your ability.
(29-09-2021, 03:18 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's nothing to do with intelligence. Many are just good marketeers. Of course, out of those who can market themselves, there are some who are truly good but it cannot be generalized into something to mean that all people who are successful are hardworking and smart. Nope, this is the case.

Actually, to me, i think a good leader is very good at identifying a good worker, if you perform very well, you will be recognised if you have a good leader.

If you think you perform well, still not recognised, then there is probably some issues which you don't even know or its time to change your job.
(28-09-2021, 02:21 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote: [ -> ]dont need to put 100% on your work.
75% will do.

Yes, do what it necessary dun be kay kian unless you wanna climb