SG Talk

Full Version: Many Countries Plan to Open Up Despite Covid Situation is not yet under Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thailand, Msia,  Australia, Vietnam, US, UK, Japan and many more.
quarantine days will be shortened to 10 even 7 days, too good to be true, dunt be fooled.
(29-09-2021, 04:17 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]quarantine days will be shortened to 10 even 7 days, too good to be true, dunt be fooled.

If it is too good to be true, that means it is not true....
the intention is to boost their economy and save their tourism industry, if you kena Covid they won’t compensate you.
(29-09-2021, 04:21 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]If it is too good to be true, that means it is not true....

they want all the tourists to be fully vaccinated but they can't even get Covid under control in their own population. You go in ‘clean’ but come back with Covid positive, it’s your own fault, do they really care? Confused
US announced they will open up on 1 Nov and Australia plans to open up border before Christmas.
(29-09-2021, 04:21 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]the intention is to boost their economy and save their tourism industry, if you kena Covid they won’t compensate you.

For these countries they are sitting between the devil and the deep blue sea.  They need tourist dollars to survive.. crying
They realised that Delta is so powerful, might as well give up, so they are doing this.

[Image: tangping-1.jpg]
Except China!

There super strict but life is very good there. Best place to be is in the farm or countryside.
(29-09-2021, 04:30 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]They realised that Delta is so powerful, might as well give up, so they are doing this.

[Image: tangping-1.jpg]

if that’s the case, Covid will be spread everywhere and people must wear face masks for decades. Rolleyes
(29-09-2021, 05:01 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]if that’s the case, Covid will be spread everywhere and people must wear face masks for decades. Rolleyes

If we need to wear a face mask for decades, which means we have lost the fight against Covid-19...
They open up but you can don't go. Just like we open up but not many may come.
(29-09-2021, 05:06 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]They open up but you can don't go. Just like we open up but not many may come.

you dunt go but other people may go and bring back the viruses and pass around.
(29-09-2021, 05:04 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]If we need to wear a face mask for decades, which means we have lost the fight against Covid-19...

most of the countries have already lost the battle, instead of Zero Tolerance, which is hard to achieve, they decided to live with Covid...here we go. Confused
(29-09-2021, 05:10 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]you dunt go but other people may go and bring back the viruses and pass around.

Come back will have to be quarantined right? After quarantine should be safe already.
Xin Jia Po was 模范生 twice but fell quickly..... to "integrate" with "developed world"!  Clapping
(29-09-2021, 05:13 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Come back will have to be quarantined right? After quarantine should be safe already.

After quarantine may not be safe, in some cases people were tested positive 2 weeks after completing quarantine. Must do PCR testing multiple times, some people are tested negative (so called false negative) in the first 4 tests but positive in the 5th in Taiwan.
(29-09-2021, 04:41 PM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]Except China!

There super strict but life is very good there. Best place to be is in the farm or countryside.

now very hard to get in, must quarantine 14 + 14 days plus 6 PCR tests
(29-09-2021, 05:48 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]now very hard to get in, must quarantine 14 + 14 days plus 6 PCR tests

My wife got back last mth. 14 + 7 lah. One test 2 days b4 boarding. Super well organised by their Gov!
(29-09-2021, 04:16 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Thailand, Msia,  Australia, Vietnam, US, UK, Japan and many more.

For most of them, situations have improved.
Some do not bother.
(29-09-2021, 04:16 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Thailand, Msia,  Australia, Vietnam, US, UK, Japan and many more.

For most of them, situations have improved.
Some do not bother, they intend to live with the virus.
(29-09-2021, 06:43 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote: [ -> ]For most of them, situations have improved.
Some do not bother, they intend to live with the virus.

Daily cases for some of them drop lower, but still very high, it doesn’t mean they can be relax and open up... Confused
(29-09-2021, 06:27 PM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]My wife got back last mth. 14 + 7 lah. One test 2 days b4 boarding. Super well organised by their Gov!

Some are 14 + 7...they dunt really trust our test result, must do swab test upon arriving at their airport, then 5 more swab tests to be performed during quarantine. The reason they do multiple swab tests is because the viruses are hard to detect for a single test.
(29-09-2021, 06:54 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Some are 14 + 7...they dunt really trust our test result, must do swab test upon arriving at their airport, then 5 more swab tests to be performed during quarantine. The reason they do multiple swab tests is because the viruses are hard to detect for a single test.

Me last 2 weeks at NUH also kena quarantined for 14 days. Did 2 x PCR and a few ART. But damn shiok....1st class service.

What happened was I went NUH and they put me in a holding area with many suspected cases. So end up I become a close contact and had to be quarantined.
all these countries have domestic tourists, we don't.
(29-09-2021, 07:23 PM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]Me last 2 weeks at NUH also kena quarantined for 14 days. Did 2 x PCR and a few ART. But damn shiok....1st class service.

What happened was I went NUH and they put me in a holding area with many suspected cases. So end up I become a close contact and had to be quarantined.

quarantined where?
(29-09-2021, 07:33 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]all these countries have domestic tourists, we don't.

When a country is big and pop. large, they can survive on domestic tourists, and China is one of them.
Open , only more covid troubled countries will come , better conditions will try to go even better or similar conditions countries.

open, families with elderly and young kids will not come out. economy not good, more well off laid . so their families also don't come out as much. Very rich fly overseas since you open.

Left under 30 low paid left to stimulate the economy . plus those angmo whom want to visit pubs. middle income ft save their money to send back.

Hosay liao.
Open for who?
(29-09-2021, 07:58 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]quarantined where?

NUH lah. They convertrd some of the 1st class to quarantine area.
(29-09-2021, 07:33 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]all these countries have domestic tourists, we don't.

we should control the tourists in certain areas like Orchard and Sentosa, dunt let them go beyond CBD.