SG Talk

Full Version: Everything About SPH Media’s "Fake" Circulation Numbers & Why It’s Such a Hoo-Ha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everything About SPH Media’s "Fake" Circulation Numbers & Why It’s Such a Hoo-Ha

👉 https://goodyfeed.com/sph-circulation-numbers/
If Straits Times' circulation figures cannot be trusted, can its news be trusted? That is the reason for the hoo-ha.
This is why I told Ah Butt, never believe there is a neutral report in media. Even Chinese God can also make mistake and take side.
Later Khaw Boon Wan take Umbrage then you know.
I just hope that the circulation nos does not link to gov decision on the amount of fund subsidized, if link it means cheating to the gov to get more funding.
The Hoo ha should be who is the Chairman of SPH at that time?
I believe it’s the same fellow who was Chairman of Keppel Corp when the bribery scandal surfaced
Not suggesting anything
But if he claims he doesn’t know anything about this
Then he must be sleeping on the job
And is it worth paying him millions to be Chairman?
Simple circulation data also wanna con... Walao...
Circulation number can convince advertisers to put ads so faking it bring monies to company. Now kena caught see show
Hmm.... Warren Fernandez the previous Editor-In-Chief of The Straits Times left in Oct 2022 last year Thinking
(10-01-2023, 05:07 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]Simple circulation data also wanna con... Walao...

Boils down to more advertising monies mah....
(10-01-2023, 07:42 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Boils down to more advertising monies mah....

True.

But then, there is something $ can never buy.....Trust.
(10-01-2023, 07:42 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Boils down to more advertising monies mah....

Not only advertising monies, but also gov. funding........... crying
(10-01-2023, 03:13 PM)Ken Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope that the circulation nos does not link to gov decision on the amount of fund subsidized, if link it means cheating to the gov to get more funding.

I am waiting for the Gov to setup a Committee of Inquiry (COI) on this serious matter.   Tongue

isn't it Illegal for a listed coy to mislead their Investors and shareholders?
shouldn't the top management all taken to task like what Taiwan, Korea or Japan doing ?
Hui ger should harakiri.
Why the Hoo-Ha?
Now, imagine you’re an advertiser who’s been engaging an influencer to promote your products, and because it’s merely a branding campaign, you have no way to measure the results of your campaign except to base it on the number of followers the influencer has.

If we were to ask an influencer about this kind of discrepancy, I’m pretty sure they’d say it’s bots or spam accounts.

https://goodyfeed.com/sph-circulation-numbers/
(11-01-2023, 10:50 AM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]I am waiting for the Gov to setup a Committee of Inquiry (COI) on this serious matter.   Tongue

isn't it Illegal for a listed coy to mislead their Investors and shareholders?

this bad news will be circulted in china n taiwan
can trust spore ??????????
Then the 900m taxpayers money should take back ???
(11-01-2023, 12:11 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]this bad news will be circulted in china n taiwan
can trust spore ??????????

Definitely - SPH is SG's key government mouthpiece. What else is more worthy than bad news from a media that once proudly won many international awards ?  

Now with this (shocking?) fact SPH has been faking its circulation figure - This coy should be best runner up for Jin Lao Kui Award...Big Grin

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...estigative
(10-01-2023, 07:46 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Not only advertising monies, but also gov. funding........... crying

senior executive's bonuses should be linked to this.

the is corruption like criminal.

should jail and fine those involved.
if the then ceo is fr any opp party members definitelty a committee of hearing will be set up w pap full backing