SG Talk

Full Version: Ben Benanke was the worst FEDS Chairman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very irresponsible, sly and wicked, just like MAS keep copying such bad behavour
And yet, he was awarded a Nobel Prize...

I think the Thieves of Wall St now owns the Nobel commitee..seriously... Rolleyes

https://www.brookings.edu/events/ben-ber...economics/

[Image: 1-26.jpg]
If Benanke was not the Fed Chairman at that time we would all be dead fromeconkkic depression.

What happen if Bernanke was not around to implement Fed policy we might end up like in 1929.

Remember Bernanke nickname was Helicopter Ben for his research on how to stimulate a stalled economy to great depression and Japan lost decade.

The US economy was wounded after the financial crisis and it was the Fed under Ben Bernanke that stimulated the economy out of its hospital bed.

Many armchair economists thunk they know more and criticise what he did ...but they are not the ones who steered the US economy from dark days to bright ones
Many proposed medicine that would kill the economy such as Jim Rogers ..

(10-01-2023, 05:44 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]And yet, he was awarded a Nobel Prize...

I think the Thieves of Wall St now owns the Nobel commitee..seriously... Rolleyes

The housing crisis and collapse was made before Bernanke's term by both politicians and regulators.

Benanke.saved.us.
(10-01-2023, 05:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]If Benanke was not the Fed Chairman at that time we would all be dead fromeconkkic depression.

What happen if Bernanke was not around to implement Fed policy we might end up like in 1929.

Remember Bernanke nickname was Helicopter Ben for his research on how to stimulate a stalled economy to great depression and Japan lost decade.

The US economy was wounded after the financial crisis and it was the Fed under Ben Bernanke that stimulated the economy out of its hospital bed.

Many armchair economists thunk they know more and criticise what he did ...but they are not the ones who steered the US economy from dark days to bright ones

You know meh? You are SgTalk ultimate reverse indicator

So, should we take the reverse view to your opinion here?

I believe we should
none of them should be there in the first place
all pretend to be 'goverment officials'
when the federal reserve bank is just a private bank own by the illuminati
no wonder jim roger keep saying to abolish the FED RESERVERS BANK
not surprising to me at all. just own inner circle doing.
same everywhere. no need to see far. at home also same... hehe
(10-01-2023, 05:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]If Benanke was not the Fed Chairman at that time we would all be dead fromeconkkic depression.

China 800B QE also helped America.
Critics argue that Bernanke's policies also led to the creation of bubbles, and helped pave the way for the 2008 financial crisis, by keeping interest rates low for an extended period of time and providing ample liquidity to the financial system, leading to speculation and leverage build-up.
he indirectly responsible for 2007-2008 crisis
she, Yellen and rest responsible for today run away inflation
Today Paulson need to kio their sai
(10-01-2023, 05:59 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The housing crisis and collapse was made before Bernanke's term by both politicians and regulators.
Benanke.saved.us.

In short, according sgbuffett the Evil US gov has failed their due diligence and Superman Benanke came and saved the Day ! Or izzit ?
A few major papers once described him as one BUT... Rolleyes

Bernanke's message suggests he was on a rescue mission but history may remember him as the man who triggered the crash

https://www.theguardian.com/business/201...al-reserve
we should not waste time on HIM
we should concentrate on the Now
wat involve Now?
neg. swap
SNB US corporation Dola swap showing losses of 143B
meaning All CBs r Bankcrupt
in the malee USD index showing 8.2% higher than the rest of the monkeys.
abt SGD
in the stress SGD showing strength against Dola
[Image: Screenshot-2023-01-10-at-19-53-38-US-Dol...ge-and.png]
but weakened against LBMA papergolds waiting for Putin to take her out in a strecher
[Image: Screenshot-2023-01-10-at-19-54-30-Spot-Gold.png]
(10-01-2023, 05:44 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]And yet, he was awarded a Nobel Prize...

You are partially right but he did not do it alone. More so, it was the US Treasury which had a pivotal role in bailing out Institutions which were in deep financial trouble. They did so with The Troubled Asset Relief Program the acronym TARP. It helped stabilise the system whereby there was a deep Credit crisis, with big financial banks in big trouble, so much so, that Credit was frozen for a time.

If it had spiralled out of control, it would have been the end of the system as we know it.

I think many in this forum wish ill for the US. Please think it over again what you wish for because if the US implodes suddenly, the rest of the world including us are going to be dragged down with it.
(10-01-2023, 10:38 PM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]You are partially right but he did not do it alone.  More so, it was the US Treasury which had a pivotal role in bailing out Institutions which were in deep financial trouble.  They did so with The Troubled Asset Relief Program the acronym TARP.  It helped stabilise the system whereby there was a deep Credit crisis, with big financial banks in big trouble, so much so, that Credit was frozen for a time.

If it had spiralled out of control, it would have been the end of the system as we know it.

I think many in this forum wish ill for the US.  Please think it over again what you wish for because if the US implodes suddenly, the rest of the world including us are going to be dragged down with it.

During the time, China needed USA and USA needed China for the QE.
(10-01-2023, 10:38 PM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]You are partially right but he did not do it alone.  More so, it was the US Treasury which had a pivotal role in bailing out Institutions which were in deep financial trouble.  They did so with The Troubled Asset Relief Program the acronym TARP.  It helped stabilise the system whereby there was a deep Credit crisis, with big financial banks in big trouble, so much so, that Credit was frozen for a time.

I think many in this forum wish ill for the US.  Please think it over again what you wish for because if the US implodes suddenly, the rest of the world including us are going to be dragged down with it.

Dun know what cock you posting here

What exactly is your point, please be precise, damn it
I just wish to close this with one fact:

The housing bubble and crash of 2008 occurred during Ben Benanke's watch

His tenure as Feds Chair (2006 to 2014)

Need I say more??
(10-01-2023, 05:59 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The housing crisis and collapse was made before Bernanke's term by both politicians and regulators.

Benanke.saved.us.
Yup, Greenspan was the actual culprit...
Below I share with you how idiotic, blur sotong and irresponsible Ben was during his watch, when faced with the knowledge of the subprime crisis:

Fed: Mortgage Defaults Won't Hurt Economy

MAY 17, 2007 / 1:22 PM / AP

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Thursday that he did not believe the growing number of mortgage defaults would seriously harm the economy.

Facing criticism from members of Congress about lax regulation, Bernanke also promised that the Fed would do everything possible to crack down on abuses that have put millions of homeowners in jeopardy of defaulting on their mortgages.

"We at the Federal Reserve will do all that we can to prevent fraud and abusive lending and to ensure that lenders employ sound underwriting practices and make effective disclosures to consumers," Bernanke said in remarks prepared for a financial conference in Chicago.

However, Bernanke in his remarks did not detail any specific tightening of regulations, saying only that the Fed would hold hearings in coming weeks on the matter.

Bernanke said that while it was likely that there would be further increases in mortgage delinquencies and foreclosures this year and in 2008, he did not believe this problem would be enough to derail the overall economy.

"We believe the effect of the troubles in the subprime sector on the broader housing market will be limited and we do not expect significant spillovers from the subprime market to the rest of the economy or to the financial system," Bernanke said.

In answering questions, Bernanke said he believed the financial system would be able to "absorb the losses from this subprime mortgage problem" without difficulty.

Bernanke, who served as President Bush's chief economic adviser before taking over the Fed post in February 2006, said regulators needed to be sure that any rules they imposed did not stifle the market for legitimate loans.

"We must be careful not to inadvertently suppress responsible lending or eliminate refinancing opportunities for subprime borrowers," he said in his remarks, copies of which were distributed in Washington.

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said it was good news that Bernanke was suggesting possible new rules that could be issued this summer to crack down on abusive practices. But Schumer said help was needed sooner for homeowners facing foreclosures.

"We must take action today to stem the tide of foreclosures sweeping through our neighborhoods," he said in a statement. "I hope Chairman Bernanke is right when he says that a slumping housing market will not affect the broader economy, but I would not bet the house on it."

Schumer has introduced legislation to help homeowners avoid foreclosures by boosting funds to community groups that provide financial counseling.

Bernanke's comments to a banking conference sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago marked his most extensive review of the troubles in the subprime market since the Fed and other banking regulators came under criticism from members of Congress.

Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd said a "chronology of regulatory neglect" allowed the problems in the subprime market to go unchecked.

Banks and other lenders loosened their standards for making riskier mortgages during the five-year housing boom.

The problems in subprime mortgages — higher-priced home loans for people with weaker credit histories — have roiled financial markets in recent months and raised concerns about possible spillover effects to the larger economy.

But in his speech, Bernanke said that the "vast majority of mortgages, including even subprime mortgages, continue to perform well."

He said that past gains in home prices have left most homeowners with significant amounts of equity in their houses and the growth in jobs and incomes should allow most households to keep their financial obligations in a manageable range.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fed-mortgag...t-economy/

Need I say more?

You think IAM joking and post without substance and common sense, like SgBluffett, is it?

Use your brain a bit, if you've one!

Cool
That was when dow sing at 10k. Dow sing at 40k now is called worst??
Ben was bestowed with the subprime during his term, you cannot expect a policy maker to be sounding panicked and that will cause the market to downward spiral more than it should.

Alan Greenspan was the idiot that so beautifully allow the subprime to brew during his term and to hand it off for Ben to resolve. Not fair to then say Ben was the worst performing Fed chief lah...
Ben printed after 14 years also inflation and now going insolvency Sam.
(11-01-2023, 07:54 AM)red3 Wrote: [ -> ]That was when dow sing at 10k. Dow sing at 40k now is called worst??

West economy is fake GDP based on debts.
(11-01-2023, 07:59 AM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]Ben was bestowed with the subprime during his term, you cannot expect a policy maker to be sounding panicked and that will cause the market to downward spiral more than it should.

Alan Greenspan was the idiot that so beautifully allow the subprime to brew during his term and to hand it off for Ben to resolve. Not fair to then say Ben was the worst performing Fed chief lah...
I cannot agree

Subprime crisis in 2008

He came on in 2006

Bef that, he was assisting Greenspan

He wasnt parachuted in, unlike PAP Paper Generals
If you look at Alan Greenspan record, he allowed the easy money and fantastic growth and Ben likewise just continue feeding the poison... It's just a system of indebtedness they want to get the people hooked on so that the masses remains as slaves... Each time it just gets worse... But they will say it's not the same, no worries, and then it's rinse and repeat...
(10-01-2023, 05:20 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Very irresponsible, sly and wicked, just like MAS keep copying such bad behavour

this Jewish guy is just a puppet lah..............the FED is a private corporation owned by elite Jews...........
(11-01-2023, 07:59 AM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]Ben was bestowed with the subprime during his term, you cannot expect a policy maker to be sounding panicked and that will cause the market to downward spiral more than it should.

Then you can say Yellen, Powell have no blame too because it all started with Greenspan

Liddat when face God, all just point finger at Greenspan lah

You are better than that ok

Dun disappoínt us
(11-01-2023, 05:17 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Then you can say Yellen, Powell have no blame too because it all started with Greenspan

Liddat when face God, all just point finger at Greenspan lah

You are better than that ok

Dun disappoínt us
When I face God I certainly will admit to my sins, but I must say Adam and Eve has to bear even heavier burden...
Yellen to me was not much of any help, she basically just a stand-in... From the time I learn about financial market and took notice of it, I basically saw Alan Greenspan doing his islm and charting the economic growth path... Ofc we are just in hindsight to question the lax loans etc. But it was a great time for politicians and bankers... Just that the subprime was both a killer and saviour. There were also those that jumped in after the subprime and rework on those cheap houses for good profits when they sold it again during trump's rule...
Pages: 1 2