SG Talk

Full Version: Fired Hong Kong man who spends months going to imaginary job to avoid telling family
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dare not tell my wife’: double life of fired Hong Kong man who spends months going to imaginary job to avoid telling family of his plight

46-year-old looks forward to public holidays because they give him a ‘legitimate’ reason to stay at home

He says savings are running out and he may be forced to come clean soon unless he finds work

In Singapores past recessions, many PMET gone thru similar experiences too.

Some became Bak Chor Mee sellers while others totally fallen out, jobless and stayed at home.
A jobless Hong Kong man who was fired last year has spent the past several months pretending to go to work every day because he is scared to tell his wife and family about his plight. 

The unidentified 46-year-old’s predicament mirrors the plot of Tokyo Sonata, a 2008 Japanese film which reflected on the lives of ordinary people shaken by economic recession.
Often this is because of an unreasonable wife who only knows how to nag at her husband.
if hubby handsome go accompany aunties Smile
Often curious neighbours asked questions
(17-01-2023, 12:20 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ].
Often curious neighbours asked questions

Actually not neighbours MORE is Relatives
It's certainly not a crime to be out of job or being unemployed. 

What does he achieve by pretending to be employed?
Adds to more stress and anxiety.
(17-01-2023, 12:23 AM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]It's certainly not a crime to be out of job or being unemployed. 

What does he achieve by pretending to be employed?
Adds to more stress and anxiety.

Wise advice

But have you ever experienced being retrenched and being unemployed b4?
It happened not only in Hongkong but most major advanced countries.
(17-01-2023, 01:01 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Wise advice

But have you ever experienced being retrenched and being unemployed b4?

Yes I have. To feed children is stressful as they cannot earn monies yet. If no children and parents to feed my savings should be enough to retire don't even rush to get next job
(17-01-2023, 07:19 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I have. To feed children is stressful as they cannot earn monies yet. If no children and parents to feed my savings should be enough to retire don't even rush to get next job

It depends on one's circumstances...whether have school going children or working adults.  Also, does he have elderly parents to feed.  If of retirement age, and a large CPF account then can retire peacefully ............ Laughing nudie Laughter-68