SG Talk

Full Version: Executive director of migrant rights group Home suspended
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
>As at Dec 31, 2021, Home had reserves of $7.32 million in cash and cash equivalents.
wow, so rich

no wonder my place many charity group spruced up, many Ah Tee Ah Kau also want to be CEO
(17-01-2023, 04:51 PM)limpeh394 Wrote: [ -> ]>As at Dec 31, 2021, Home had reserves of $7.32 million in cash and cash equivalents.
wow, so rich

no wonder my place many charity group spruced up, many Ah Tee Ah Kau also want to be CEO

KNS these people surely got Karma
(17-01-2023, 04:37 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/e...llegations

It is very cruel to misappropriate funds from charities..............it is donors money for those foreign workers plight............. crying
Actually nothing surprising...
.my friend told me in USA many small charities are set up claiming to help various groups...they collect charity and $$ goes into the pocket of fund raisers as salary and expenses. There are so many the govt cannot catch.

People tend to donate to big charities with proper board, auditors and publish their accounts.

In this case if not for the online complaint, nobody bothers or checks. The manager could have stolen money for years and years and nobody knows.
Wow...黑吃黑啊...ahaha
(17-01-2023, 05:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Actually nothing surprising...
.my friend told me in USA many small charities are set up claiming to help various groups...they collect charity and $$ goes into the pocket of fund raisers as salary and expenses. There are so many the govt cannot catch.

People tend to donate to big charities with proper board, auditors and publish their accounts.

In this case if not for the online complaint, nobody bothers or checks. The manager could have stolen money for years and years and nobody knows.

SG Govt " do check " but again how the check done etc is " another story "
like this case is due to check happen find out

I don't know how Govt " check " like NKF saga is SPH reporter expose in fact at first the SPH reporter get screw " claim don't anyhow say etc " you know NKF is who behind in the organisation.

than come CHC Hong kee case. Last time Edwin is defence lawyer for Kong hee somemore.
WOW so fast action wanna " save image "

https://www.facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia...el?__cft__
(17-01-2023, 05:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Actually nothing surprising...
.my friend told me in USA many small charities are set up claiming to help various groups...they  collect charity and $$ goes into the pocket of fund raisers as salary and expenses. There are so many the govt cannot catch.

Money from charities are from donors who thinks  that they are doing a good deed in donating, for the plight of foreign workers. If these money were siphoned off to individuals pocket then it is a terrible crime.  Those who works in charities must have a clear conscious when handling these  money............ Angry
I used to donate in SGCARE , is so call " Govt got watch , monitor on these charity groups etc listed inside "
but later I don't. Partly if a charity group is too big or what , means a lot people involve , office politics , etc bound to have some " mis conduct "
(17-01-2023, 05:33 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Money from charities are from donors who thinks  that they are doing a good deed in donating, for the plight of foreign workers. If these money were siphoned off to individuals pocket then it is a terrible crime.  Those who works in charities must have a clear conscious when handling these  money............ Angry

Our CPF are from locals and our GST collected still no breakdown in spending for past decade.
Lately many Young people claiming raising fund for old age Homes at hawker centers. Can show permits . Don't know real or not.
(17-01-2023, 05:21 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]It is very cruel to misappropriate funds from charities..............it is donors money for those foreign workers plight............. crying

how about $600K is peanut for the NKF ?
Most if not all for self interest. 
Endless....