SG Talk

Full Version: They can't provide Chinese speaking nurse???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw one old Chinese lady who went for vaccination. Nurse spoke English to her. She was not able to understand. She spoke Mandarin and asked for someone who can speak Mandarin to talk with her. But......
(01-10-2021, 09:28 PM)3ring Wrote: [ -> ]There are many working-class singaporean-chinese although they can speak mandarin but they always like to pretend they cannot speak mandarin.

These working-class singaporean-chinese feel it is a sign of high-class status to pretend cannot speak mandarin and cannot comprehend any mandarin word.

These days many schools are taught  Chinese and English, if the  student is Chinese.  Some schools are taught Chinese at a higher level, e.g. Chinese High and River Valley High.
There was once time I went to N hospital, there were only  2 pinoy nurses inside the ward. There was this old grandma, getting very frustrated as the pinoy nurses didnt understand dialect at all and they didnt know what the grandma was requesting... the grandma started to KPKB at the nurses.
On seeing this, I went to tell the pinoy nurses what she was requesting.
I really shoke my head at how the hospital arranged the duty roster.
Like that how to encourage old people to go for vaccination?
If possible, try not leave your old parent in the hospital without anybody around during day time...

Now lucky got technology, can use video call.
(01-10-2021, 09:28 PM)3ring Wrote: [ -> ]There are many working-class singaporean-chinese although they can speak mandarin but they always like to pretend they cannot speak mandarin.

These working-class singaporean-chinese feel it is a sign of high-class status to pretend cannot speak mandarin and cannot comprehend any mandarin word.

Thanks to the brainwashing by The Syonan Times and ChennaiNewsAhneh over the decades.  

It means for high class if sinkee is busy to tell everyone:  you know, my chinese is damn poor leh. Smile

Sure, their Syonanese are the goodest and to be shameless is the king!  lol
(01-10-2021, 10:19 PM)amata Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to the brainwashing by The Syonan Times and ChennaiNewsAhneh over the decades.  

It means for high class if sinkee is busy to tell everyone:  you know, my chinese is damn poor leh. Smile

Sure, their Syonanese are the goodest and to be shameless is the king!  lol

[Image: emoticon-rolling-on-floor-laughing-260nw-1296541828.jpg]
Too many pinoy. Thats the problem PAP create.
(01-10-2021, 09:37 PM)3ring Wrote: [ -> ]you shut-up la!

you this PRC-hater scum dog go die now!

you this racist mad dog is one of a very few that support the usage of the racist slur cheena to refer to chinese
Out of nowhere and suddenly you appeared from the slums.  Something must be haywire on your head probably due to covid confusion.  Please take good care.
Reminds me of this China man with 3 clones-

[Image: Amata-5.gif]
I got a baba friend...entire life mixing with english speaking friends ...die die mandarin sounds , words simply go into his old head....

But all his 3 grown ups r chinese scholars..

One size does not fit all lah...n must never generalise.
This is Chinese privilege
(01-10-2021, 09:37 PM)3ring Wrote: [ -> ]you shut-up la!

you this PRC-hater scum dog go die now!

you this racist mad dog is one of a very few that support the usage of the racist slur cheena to refer to chinese

Rotfl Clapping
(01-10-2021, 09:19 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Saw one old Chinese lady who went for vaccination. Nurse spoke English to her. She was not able to understand. She spoke Mandarin and asked for someone who can speak Mandarin to talk with her. But......

Next time too many wear toodong, then how??

Can speak hokkien???