SG Talk

Full Version: What happen to my friend yesterday...plse equip yourself to help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She was queuing up to buy lunch suddenly heard a thump.
A man in his late 40s appear slumped on the ground. Heart attack.

She looked around shouted for help. People stood around. Someone called a ambulance. Another woman wearing tiudung started to compress the man's chest. My friend ran around to find the AED but there was none at the coffeeshop so she ran to nearby HDB block to ask around and finally located one took it with her triggering an alarm. Ran back to coffeeshop.

By then a crowd had gather around and she had to push then aside to get it to the other woman who was still compressing the chest for last 6 minutes. The AED was applied and 2 minutes later the paramedic came and took over.

During a heart attack the immediate response is critical.
Plse spend a few minutes to learn not be to a by stander reducing oxygen to the casualty. 

You need to keep some blood flowing until ambulance comes while other look for the AED.

How to use an AED.

In singapore, the law doesn't protect those who administer CPR.. if you break the casualty's rib and caused other injury, you can be sued.

So learn CPR, yes, but be careful who you administer CPR.
Pumping the heart is OK. But mouth-to-mouth resuscitation........ how???

If that fellow got AIDS......

If that fellow got COVID-19......
lau jac fainted?
Singaporeans should all learn basic life saving skills. We’ll at least start with all girls doing National Service for 3-6 months under MOH.

Guys can continue to carry guns during NS.
(02-10-2021, 09:54 AM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Pumping the heart is OK. But mouth-to-mouth resuscitation........ how???

If pretty girl ok lah.
(02-10-2021, 10:05 AM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]If pretty girl ok lah.

Pretty girl may wake up and accuse you of molest leh!  Laughing
(02-10-2021, 09:54 AM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Pumping the heart is OK. But mouth-to-mouth resuscitation........ how???

I think there is a CPR mask in the AED box where you do mouth to mouth resusitation without contacting the patient's mouth. However doing it mouth to mouth is more effective. Before doing CPR make sure you run a finger in the patients mouth to check and remove any artificial dentures....... Rolleyes

(02-10-2021, 10:56 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a CPR mask in the AED box where you do mouth to mouth resusitation without contacting the patient's mouth. However doing it mouth to mouth is more effective. Before doing CPR make sure you run a finger in the patients mouth to check and remove any artificial dentures....... Rolleyes

That why I say plse watch the video and update yourself....the mouth to mouth method is useless and removed from the rescue procedure 20+yrs already!!!

[Image: fAkWeXk.jpg]
(02-10-2021, 11:35 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]That why I say plse watch the video and update yourself....the mouth to mouth method is useless and removed from the rescue procedure 20+yrs already!!!

[Image: fAkWeXk.jpg]

I will stick to the CPR with mouth to mouth as taught to me by SGH. I dun trust anything on youtube more so by the Americans  ....... Rolleyes
Dont be kaypoh. Run away in case you need to go and take statment and police report if the guy die.
(02-10-2021, 09:50 AM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]In singapore, the law doesn't protect those who administer CPR.. if you break the casualty's rib and caused other injury, you can be sued.

So learn CPR, yes, but be careful who you administer CPR.

I don't think this is true. I heard some lawyer say before that the person administering the CPR is indemnified.
(02-10-2021, 12:16 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this is true. I heard some lawyer say before that the person administering the CPR is indemnified.

Ok, I just went to do a check. Not indemnified but the case will be difficult to push.

Read this - https://www.myheart.org.sg/press-and-med...ssues-cpr/
(02-10-2021, 12:20 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I just went to do a check. Not indemnified but the case will be difficult to push.

Read this - https://www.myheart.org.sg/press-and-med...ssues-cpr/

As long as there is no Good Samaritan Law to protect the CPR provider, no thanks in helping a stranger..

Even if the judge will rule in the provider's favor eventually, the provider is not spare the stress and hassle of having to appear in court and go thru the trial process..
The closest case I helped was a girl (tourist) fainted, her boyfriend and family dunno what to do. So I went up and press middle spot on her upper lips. Then others started coming over to see and help.

After awhile she came back to her consciousness. I then moved away for another lady to take over and handle her.
Heart attack something also must check if neck and air way clear then can do the pump... That one very tricky.. use the AED should be best option...
(02-10-2021, 03:27 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]Heart attack something also must check if neck and air way clear then can do the pump... That one very tricky.. use the AED should be best option...

Still  we need to learn how to effectively use the AED...