SG Talk

Full Version: Worthwhile to break 3 8% FD??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this 3 .8%  12 months FD...committed 3 months back.
Is it worthwhile to break it and go for the latest 4.28% FD?

No penalty for breaking.. Will get some interest for 3 months completion.
(22-01-2023, 12:24 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]I have this 3 .8%  12 months FD...committed 3 months back.

Of course it is worthwhile to break and go for a 4.28% FD, also there is no penalty for breaking the 3.8% FD......... Clapping
who is giving 4.28% ?
3monyhs not worth the delta is any is so small
Do some simple calculations to decide:

1. current one gives $38 per 1000 after 9 more months

2. New one gives $42.8x9/12 = $32 after 9 months, plus or minus penalty or some meagre interest if any.
(22-01-2023, 01:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]3monyhs not worth the delta is any is so small

???
What you trying to say??
4.28% should be RHB go Cecil branch open FD minimum 20k 12 months. RHB mobile app cannot get 4.28%
(22-01-2023, 05:17 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]4.28% should be RHB go Cecil branch open FD minimum 20k 12 months. RHB mobile app cannot get 4.28%

So RNB is giving 4.28% interest in the FD................ Clapping
(22-01-2023, 05:21 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]So RNB is giving 4.28% interest in the FD................ Clapping

A close competitor would be Sing Investment CNY FD promo if include the 10 cash credit would be 4.23% but save monies take leave visit Cecil branch
(22-01-2023, 12:24 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]I have this 3 .8%  12 months FD...committed 3 months back.

Will go up lah. Rotfl
US inflation is still very high.
(22-01-2023, 05:23 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]A close competitor would be Sing Investment CNY FD promo if include the 10 cash credit would be 4.23% but save monies take leave visit Cecil branch

Only thing is whether Sing Investment is a safe bank for FD............. Big Grin
(22-01-2023, 05:28 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Only thing is whether Sing Investment is a safe bank for FD............. Big Grin

If you read up RHB financial you really wonder they offer high rates to help pay off their parent company expenses? Think about it offer so high for deposit means they need the monies to earn more monies and offering higher rates for home loan etc to recoup means they are less competitive than their competitors. Key is they take so much monies with high rates to put where? Point to note as RHB is Msia bank and we know Msia style
(22-01-2023, 05:26 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Will go up lah. Rotfl
US inflation is still very high.

Nobody knows. .  .anything can happen. Some reports say inflation is under control  .

Within the last few weeks,  banks that have been paying highest rates have trimmed their rates downward.
(22-01-2023, 05:28 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Only thing is whether Sing Investment is a safe bank for FD............. Big Grin

Sing Investment ok for several decades leow. So far no problem AFAIK. But I have not opened a FD account there for a long long time. The only one I go to is at Bedok. Not sure if there are other branches.
(22-01-2023, 05:44 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]If you read up RHB financial you really wonder they offer high rates to help pay off their parent company expenses? Think about it offer so high for deposit means they need the monies to earn more monies and offering higher rates for home loan etc to recoup means they are less competitive than their competitors. Key is they take so much monies with high rates to put where? Point to note as RHB is Msia bank and we know Msia style
Do you mean that RHB being a Malaysian bank is not very safe.......... crying