SG Talk

Full Version: Taiwan Is Deploying ‘Cheap’ Minelayers & Their Mines With US Help To Target
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Taiwan Is Deploying ‘Cheap’ Minelayers & Their Mines With US Help To Target ‘Expensive’ Chinese Warships
https://eurasiantimes.com/taiwan-is-depl...ships/?amp
It will be disastrous if these bloody mines break loose from its anchoring points by strong waves, currents or seismic movements and start floating around in South China Sea and Taiwan Straits. This type of incidents had happened in many mine operations like Persian Gulf during the Iran - Iraq war. There were also plenty floating around the Red Sea before and many resources were used to clear them.  Rolleyes
(06-02-2023, 09:48 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Taiwan Is Deploying ‘Cheap’ Minelayers & Their Mines With US Help To Target ‘Expensive’ Chinese Warships
https://eurasiantimes.com/taiwan-is-depl...ships/?amp

Cheap but can work nevermind lah! Big Grin
How many can they lay?
The whole coastal line. 别再搞笑lah!

What if big sea creatures hit the mines?
Who’s problem now?

Dont be little the current in that area. It may cause the mines to collide each other.
(07-02-2023, 08:18 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]How many can they lay?
The whole coastal line. 别再搞笑lah!

What if big sea creatures hit the mines?
Who’s problem now?

Dont be little the current in that area. It may cause the mines to collide each other.
Actually, mines used for defense is a good deterrence and does hinders enemy forces. However, they are useless against a strong force bent on taking the objective. 

Nowadays all landing operation drills already incorporated mine clearance as part of the SOP. For landing purposes, the invading forces only need to clear a small stretch of mined area to allow their landing ships and forces to safely beach to land. In today's high-tech warfare this is easily achieved with drones, guided torpedoes, anti-mine bombs, etc. as there are basically only 3 types of mines - acoustic, magnetic and contact mines. The acoustic and magnetic mines can be easily destroyed by creating sounds and magnetic fields using drones and anti-mine bombs. As for contact mines they can be destroyed by guided torpedoes moving around in the intended landing channel. 

So, here again English vegetable is just wasting Taiwanese money buying all these bullshits from the US. ..... Big Grin