SG Talk

Full Version: Minister Shanmugan : Some countries are trying to mess us up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Between 2016 and 2017, Singapore also experienced a coordinated hostile information campaign that tried to undermine the country’s foreign policy position, through many online commentaries and videos on previously dormant social media accounts.

Mr Shanmugam, who did not name the aggressor, said: “Many of these were in Mandarin and targeted our Chinese-speaking population, these contents also widely circulated via chat apps and aim to influence sentiments amongst Singaporeans.”

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/fe...shanmugam/
Wow with that statement made isn’t it clear who he is trying to point to? does this constitute racist?

With both Chinese and chat apps mentioned, don’t we know a specific apps has more subscribers than others?
No proofs shall consider him as dementia
Wow! Chinese privilege!  Undecided
(04-10-2021, 06:34 PM)kangtangman Wrote: [ -> ]Wow with that statement made isn’t it clear who he is trying to point to? does this constitute racist?

With both Chinese and chat apps mentioned, don’t we know a specific apps has more subscribers than others?

Why don't we flip the tables on him just like he insist the WP MP reveal which police station what day rape victim kena slighted.

Plse name the country and the actual incident and exactly what was sent out on social media otherwise we treat his statement same way he treats Raeesah  Khan's.
(04-10-2021, 06:30 PM)BigBossX Wrote: [ -> ]Between 2016 and 2017, Singapore also experienced a coordinated hostile information campaign that tried to undermine the country’s foreign policy position, through many online commentaries and videos on previously dormant social media accounts.

Mr Shanmugam, who did not name the aggressor, said: “Many of these were in Mandarin and targeted our Chinese-speaking population, these contents also widely circulated via chat apps and aim to influence sentiments amongst Singaporeans.”

THIS IS RACISM what Chinese , how about India? Those foreigner Indians, remember that T Shirt display SG flag been torn apart show India Flag?
Threading on troubled waters , trying to cause a division in racial issues? Already a very sensitive subject.
I think all those arrested for links and sponsoring terrorism have nothing to do with Chinese.

Pls be transparent and specific with your justifications. Else, you will stoke speculations and fake news
(04-10-2021, 06:34 PM)kangtangman Wrote: [ -> ]Wow with that statement made isn’t it clear who he is trying to point to? does this constitute racist?

That's is really dangerous statements targeting a specific group of people.  Isn't this serious with such racism remarks?  If such person attack certain groups of people, should this one be punished and be removed ? This statement is very important to be noted down on the year and date it was made known and kept in diary for future use.
(04-10-2021, 06:46 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]THIS IS RACISM what Chinese , how about India? Those foreigner Indians, remember that T Shirt display SG flag been torn apart show India Flag?

Needless to say, it is obviously racism.
(04-10-2021, 06:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't we flip the tables on him just like he insist the WP MP reveal which police station what day rape victim kena slighted.

Plse name the country and the actual incident and exactly what was sent out on social media otherwise we treat his statement same way he treats Raeesah  Khan's.

Yes, name the cuntry. Dont simply accused the Mandarin without showing proof.

Or the ra.cist trying to divert attention to the disasterous task force on containing the covid?

Opasnie-1
Just say China lor..so easy why make us all guess here and there.
Ah Shan really brainless. Which country will want to mess us up here using mandarin? I only see plenty of cecas and western forces doing that in English.
at this moment, i see ceca as the main threat to singaporeans.
in singapore, no job means no income, no income means no foods for our family.
Wow din know Shanmugam also a member in this forum, watching closely all the postings of the ahtiong Pandas here ?  Laughing
(04-10-2021, 07:36 PM)whylah Wrote: [ -> ]at this moment, i see ceca as the main threat to singaporeans.
in singapore, no job means no income, no income means no foods for our family.

YES TRUE NO JOB NO MONEY NO FOOD FAMILY DISPUTES SOCIAL UNREST
(04-10-2021, 07:41 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]YES TRUE NO JOB NO MONEY NO FOOD FAMILY DISPUTES SOCIAL UNREST

as a singaporean (commoner), i will not be able to survive if i am out of job.
everywhere and everything you do, need $$.
of course, we must exclude this scenario for those elites and their families
(04-10-2021, 07:03 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]That's is really dangerous statements targeting a specific group of people.  Isn't this serious with such racism remarks?  If such person attack certain groups of people, should this one be punished and be removed ?  This statement is very important to be noted down on the year and date it was made known and kept in diary for future use.

Well as far as I know, he gets away with his unfair remarks because he is the law minister. And because of his profession, he knows how to play with words. 

Couple with our unaccountable administration for not taking the responsibility in their foul up policy or executions in many things. What's the used of noting down what they say?

In the end it will just be washed away. Our administration are of double standards, so it's pointless to take note or try to bring them to task. In my opinion.
(04-10-2021, 06:30 PM)BigBossX Wrote: [ -> ]Between 2016 and 2017, Singapore also experienced a coordinated hostile information campaign that tried to undermine the country’s foreign policy position, through many online commentaries and videos on previously dormant social media accounts.

Ya, there are quite a few of these agents lurking around in this forum!
(04-10-2021, 07:56 PM)kangtangman Wrote: [ -> ]Well as far as I know, he gets away with his unfair remarks because he is the law minister. And because of his profession, he knows how to play with words. 

Couple with our unaccountable administration for not taking the responsibility in their foul up policy or executions in many things. What's the used of noting down what they say?

In the end it will just be washed away. Our administration are of double standards, so it's pointless to take note or try to bring them to task. In my opinion.
It is not about knowing how to play with words, but, it is like anyhow blurting out words just becos a person command a higher authority and therefore, can say anything he likes. This is not right type of behaviour a person shd be. For this, a person character and integrity are questionable.
Lan jio Ann all the neh same de like to twisted Machiam other’s race own them living.
got anything to do with the sudden disappearance of the fart long gong grp?
Dont understand how come he can be a ministar? Thinking
WTF ...Chinese/china sibey cham nowadays tiam tiam kena puke backside by others....

Para 3

“Spying, subversion in another country is age old, using spies, agents, locals and useful idiots,” said Mr Shanmugam.

I wonder what apps or info are those that supposedly undermine our country's foreign policy position. How come I so mountain tortoise never read any?
CECA also messed citizens lives. Anything done??

So what be so over- bothered with another foreign interference?

It's just another FTA look- alike.
if he not join force with amdk to poke Chinese maybe scare skali amdk see him no UP ??!!
(04-10-2021, 08:17 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Dont understand how come he can be a ministar? Thinking
Unfortunately, this person is only good at seeing stars everynite.
(04-10-2021, 08:06 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]It is not about knowing how to play with words, but, it is like anyhow blurting out words just becos a person command a higher authority and therefore, can say anything he likes. This is not right type of behaviour a person shd be.  For this, a person character and integrity are questionable.

Look, as much as you’re assuming that he has “anyhow” blurting out those words, I like to think that what he has said on the Chinese and chat apps may be something that he has some ground with. 

But he is representing Singapore with the deliberate intend to say it in the public, says much about his representation of both his party as well as his superior. And of course not forgetting the country too.

Though I agree with you that this sort of behaviour is not right, but then again he hold the authority as you have said. Which allows him to simply making such a generic remarks into the media. This is not being diplomatic in his representation. 

By calling out a certain race and the apps in itself shows that there is some biased in his remarks. Just my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3