SG Talk

Full Version: Former Diplomat Book : "China Coup..."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a very  bold far out prediction . Here is my take.

Book discusses China's move towards totalitarianism and leadership purging of rivals and critics. This will encourage forces opposing Xi to galvanise and stage a coup to overthrow Xi.

Xi is moving towards Stalinist state and cult of personality using very high dose of propaganda and stage offense against all major powers in the world. His purge initially involve corrupted officials who abused power now extend to everyone who may be perceived to be a threat including businessmen and lawyers.

Those who are familiar with history will see the developments  as nothing surprising. Dismantling of term limits and good practices such as identifying successors to peacefully transit preventing a concentration of power shows the intention of taking as much power as possible. Once a leader go in this direction fear of losing power sets in. This fear will drive the leader to control all spheres disregarding all rule of law side stepping and discarding established principles to preserve power. There will be no.more transition of power just consolidation of power and the totalitarian will cling on to power until death.

My view is the path and cycle is already set in motion. Too late to stop...and for anyone in China the risk is too high.

But still the good is a good read as it gives a good account of the historic development of China.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/u...story.html
Stop living in your story world
Go back reality.
What you have described on China moves is exactly what the America has done, removing of rivals and critics. Look at what the American did in the Middle East to Iran, Iraq and Syria, and now China with all the false claims, which began to surface after many years.

Don’t you think that the Americans are in your words “ Stalinist state and cult of personality using very high dose of propaganda and stage offense against all major powers in the world” which ended up many countries has to give in to them?

Stop using your biased western views to judge on China where you and I have limited knowledge of. Using textbook theory to make a wide remarks is just like letting air off in the air.

Whatever you have claimed are what the westerners have written, for a person who has never experienced personally trying to make a comments with information fed on the Internet is just like a frog in a well. You can only or choose to sees the limited sky views and when others try to convince you to jump out of the well to see a bigger scenery. You choose to stay in the well stubbornly for security and comfort. That’s what you’re in my opinion.
someone kena severely brainwashed by evil western propagandas