SG Talk

Full Version: Any SGTALKER Remember this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 329904652-883908719515616-6159383904096237471-n.jpg]
Yes...no Ccp no ceca...life was good
Wah...last time already got PAP culture, freebies...大贈送...
(11-02-2023, 05:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 329904652-883908719515616-6159383904096237471-n.jpg]
Presently on the right side is peninsula plaza and on the left where these 2 guys are walking is the Adelpli  Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 08:52 PM)Rubitin Wrote: [ -> ]Presently on the right side is peninsula plaza and on the left where these 2 guys are walking is the Adelpli  Big Grin

Those were the good old days.................... Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 05:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 329904652-883908719515616-6159383904096237471-n.jpg]

wah..............this one is Chinatown ??................i think before i was born.............
(11-02-2023, 08:52 PM)Rubitin Wrote: [ -> ]Presently on the right side is peninsula plaza and on the left where these 2 guys are walking is the Adelpli  Big Grin

Is it ? I saw there is a power tower
(11-02-2023, 10:28 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Is it ? I saw there is a power tower

In the foreground it is not a power tower, but a tele-communication tower............... Big Grin
The picture reminds me of current day Msia those smaller cities and towns. Those miss Spore old times roads and house can relive in Msia as they not yet improve so fast.
Tomorrow go gai gai visit Van Kleef Acquarium and later makan indian rojak at the sarabat stalls in Waterloo Street Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 11:18 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]The picture reminds me of current day Msia those smaller cities and towns. Those miss Spore old times roads and house can relive in Msia as they not yet improve so fast.

That is true...........some remote towns in West Malaysia.................... Big Grin
Who remembers Colombo Court? Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 11:21 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Who remembers Colombo Court? Big Grin

I remember the car parking fees is very high........................ Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 11:24 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the car parking fees is very high........................ Big Grin

And the then AGC was just across the road from Colombo Court.  And Funan Centre was way much better in those days Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 11:27 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]And the then AGC was just across the road from Colombo Court.  And Funan Centre was way much better in those days Big Grin

Funan Centre was where I buy my first Creative MP3 player
(11-02-2023, 11:20 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Tomorrow go gai gai visit Van Kleef Acquarium and later makan indian rojak at the sarabat stalls in Waterloo Street Big Grin

I remember the Indian rojak stall sells to courting couples at an inflated price, knowing that the man will not bargain with the price............ Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 08:54 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Those were the good old days.................... Big Grin

The Chinese were locked behind a Red Curtain.  China was extremely poor, and not the economic and military superpower that she is today.

FDIs came here readily, and we had jobs............low level factory job.  The betters paying jobs were kept by the expats for the expats.

But we were happy to work as factory hands, storemen, machine operators because we did not have much schooling.  We were happy because we had a job.

Then, China opened up, and the factory jobs disappeared.  We moved up the value chain because we would never be able to compete with the Chinese in sunset industries.  But we also faced a challenged to educate a whole lot of boomers to do new jobs, and forget about the ones they had been doing for 30 or so years.

It is one thing to say, eew, it was such happy times last time, but not stopping for a moment to think, why?  Simply blaming Lee Hsien Loong as oppies and their ibs do is being unfair, to be fair.  He did not tell China to open up and take our jobs away.

PS: I have described the scenario of the masses. I know some of you were lucky to have a good education, or played your office politics smart, and were managers and higher, and were paid well.
(11-02-2023, 11:38 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]The Chinese were locked behind a Red Curtain.  China was extremely poor, and not the economic and military superpower that she is today.

FDIs came here readily, and we had jobs............low level factory job.  The betters paying jobs were kept by the expats for the expats.

But we were happy to work as factory hands, storemen, machine operators because we did not have much schooling.  We were happy because we had a job.

Then, China opened up, and the factory jobs disappeared.  We moved up the value chain because we would never be able to compete with the Chinese in sunset industries.  But we also faced a challenged to educate a whole lot of boomers to do new jobs, and forget about the ones they had been doing for 30 or so years.

It is one thing to say, eew, it was such happy times last time, but not stopping for a moment to think, why?  Simply blaming Lee Hsien Loong as oppies and their ibs do is being unfair, to be fair.  He did not tell China to open up and take our jobs away.

PS: I have described the scenario of the masses. I know some of you were lucky to have a good education, or played your office politics smart, and were managers and higher, and were paid well.

Well written essay, and deserve a like an a rep. pt....................... Clapping
(11-02-2023, 11:38 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]The Chinese were locked behind a Red Curtain.  China was extremely poor, and not the economic and military superpower that she is today.

Wrong. We were happy in the past because wage disparity wasn't so big then. Nothing to do with China opening up.
(11-02-2023, 11:44 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong. We were happy in the past because wage disparity wasn't so big then. Nothing to do with China opening up.

He is not entirely wrong, cos some of the sunset industry went to China, cos their labour cost is much lower then........... Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 11:44 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong. We were happy in the past because wage disparity wasn't so big then. Nothing to do with China opening up.

My take is not China open up but more on govt MIW policy to go higher do more atas job for its own ppl. Then those cannot avoid blue collar jobs import ppl do. But years go by import ppl also fight to work in white collar jobs.
(11-02-2023, 11:47 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]He is not entirely wrong, cos some of the sunset industry went to China, cos their labour cost is much lower then........... Big Grin

So what if some industry went over to China? Your statement doesn't make sense.
(11-02-2023, 11:51 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]

kor kor you also dance like that last time?

I remember this music is Pac Man game music
(11-02-2023, 11:50 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]So what if some industry went over to China? Your statement doesn't make sense.

It  means that some factory operator's jobs are lost to the Chinese, those who are less educated ones............... Big Grin
(11-02-2023, 11:53 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]It  means that some factory operator's jobs are lost to the Chinese, those who are less educated ones............... Big Grin

Pls lah, you see how many sinkies are working as factory operators. Even those less educated ones also dun do.
last time cars are so damn small

most are 1000cc to 1300cc
that why we used less oil or energy

now is 1800cc to 4000cc 
that why global warming
(11-02-2023, 11:56 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Pls lah, you see how many sinkies are working as factory operators. Even those less educated ones also dun do.

Becuz delivery like grabfood earn more than factory operator?
(11-02-2023, 11:58 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]

KNN 

The rapist

yeah i know this show is not broadcast and cannot be broadcast in LKY singapore
Pages: 1 2 3