SG Talk

Full Version: Anyone interested in technology?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Although my job no longer requires me to be technical but I'm still doing some development work for fun.

I'm interested in communications engineering, electronics design, AI/computer vision and fullstack programming. Anyone interested in starting some projects together?
Sgbuffett started his modelling for trading... think can approach him  Thinking
I am interested in using ai to trade share Laughing
(25-07-2021, 02:48 PM)Galilo_l Wrote: [ -> ]Sgbuffett started his modelling for trading... think can approach him  Thinking

Personally dun think trading can use ai. I prefer to use technology to do more useful things.
(25-07-2021, 07:04 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-07-2021, 02:48 PM)Galilo_l Wrote: [ -> ]Sgbuffett started his modelling for trading... think can approach him  Thinking

Personally dun think trading can use ai. I prefer to use technology to do more useful things.

Over @ edmw so many tech savvy
Anyone know any places teach people how to repair laptop? I find that refurbished of laptop quite good earning
(27-07-2021, 12:22 PM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know any places teach people how to repair laptop? I find that refurbished of laptop quite good earning
Without the parts available to us it'll be quite difficult to repair. But I've repaired a few things myself, like a massage chair and some lights.

I support Apple founder Steve Wozniak's right-to-repair movement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57763037
Recently my laptop having problem went to carousell and engage a uncle to repair for me. He charge me 200 hundred and not sure what he repair keep telling motherboard issues.
(27-07-2021, 01:06 PM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]Recently my laptop having problem went to carousell and engage a uncle to repair for me. He charge me 200 hundred and not sure what he repair keep telling motherboard issues.

Sometimes these people bullsh*t one. The guy also wanted to repair my massage chair for $300 then I said no. Take home and repair myself for $5  Laughing
(25-07-2021, 12:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Although my job no longer requires me to be technical but I'm still doing some development work for fun.

I'm interested in communications engineering, electronics design, AI/computer vision and fullstack programming. Anyone interested in starting some projects together?

Yes I have been watching YouTube and attending online courses. Already set up my room to do AI ....you can just build your own project no need to collaborate until some stage then get others on board.
(27-07-2021, 03:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-07-2021, 12:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Although my job no longer requires me to be technical but I'm still doing some development work for fun.

Yes I have been watching YouTube and attending online courses. Already set up my room to do AI ....you can just build your own project no need to collaborate until some stage then get others on board.

Actually I only need mechanical engineers and people with artistic talent to package my products. I can do every other thing myself.
Don’t really understand what is AI?
(28-07-2021, 09:40 PM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t really understand what is AI?

AI is overhyped. Much of the basic work for AI has been achieved since many years ago. It's gaining traction now because of the large amount of data that is now available to companies. There're many machine learning algorithms but one of the more prevalent ones is the neural networks which uses forward and backward propagation, something derived decades ago. In fact, I learnt about this almost 25 years ago.

There're obviously some very good AI engineers around but the majority who called themselves one now are mediocre, at best average. Don't be too impressed if you meet one.  

I'm sure someone's going to flame me for this.
These days I've been trying to re-write the library for nrf24l01 for stm32. The existing one seems to have some bugs and I want to customise my library. Then I will use it for some long range communication. But this will not be the longest range. I'm waiting for my LoRa chips to arrive then will play with them.
An update. I'm 3/4 done on my project and I see a huge market for it. I need to partner someone who is honest and has a vast network of contacts, so if you're one of them, do let me know. All my friends are too technical to be able to sell things.
I'm pissed off with React Native, really pissed off. Tried to start one new project yesterday using the same old method I've always been using and this time it doesn't work. I suspect it's due to the upgraded react-native, and its incompatibility with older versions.

I'm going to swear off it and back to using native code. Bloody hell, waste all my effort. I advise anyone not to start on those frameworks which promise to work on both Android and iOS.

Edit. Just to clarify, I'm only against React Native. React is still ok.
(05-09-2021, 11:23 AM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.ite.edu.sg/courses/part-time...networking

Is this course worth a try?

If you're an absolute beginner to technology and you're using skillsfuture money, then this course may be for you. But really, the course will be very basic, just to let you know what the technology is about.

If you have to pay using your money then it is better that you get information from online courses such as udemy. Or maybe start with youtube. There're also dozens of such e-books available that you can read.
What course worth to attend using Skill future ?
(06-09-2021, 10:27 PM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]What course worth to attend using Skill future ?

There're many kinds of technology. What is it you're interested in? For example, there's the IoT one, AI, stack programming, computer vision, Android/iOS programming, basic electronics, embedded programming, cybersecurity etc. So many. For each field prepare to go for many courses, not just one, and then after you've attended the course you've got to spend hour after hours on practice.
(06-09-2021, 10:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]There're many kinds of technology. What is it you're interested in? For example, there's the IoT one, AI, stack programming, computer vision, Android/iOS programming, basic electronics, embedded programming, cybersecurity etc. So many. For each field prepare to go for many courses, not just one, and then after you've attended the course you've got to spend hour after hours on practice.

Which one worth the try I am not very good at IT stuffs but want to learn
(07-09-2021, 11:04 AM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]Which one worth the try I am not very good at IT stuffs but want to learn

I believe there must be a purpose in wanting to learn about tech, for example, you want to use it to find jobs or for your own home improvement. You may even want to build your own surveillance system to identify certain objects. Without knowing your objective, it's very difficult to tell u which course you should attend.

If you've got no skills in programming, I'll suggest u go for c or c++. Then u can move on to playing with arduino or maybe even AI, since it's a buzzword now so it's good to know what it is.

You can find a lot of this info from YouTube. No need to attend formal classes.
(07-09-2021, 11:04 AM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]Which one worth the try I am not very good at IT stuffs but want to learn

Just to clarify, the reason why I'm asking u to learn from books, YouTube or online courses is because I want to help u save money. If you're going to use your skillsfuture money then by all means go for the ite course. At least you'll have someone answering your doubts there.
(07-09-2021, 12:50 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe there must be a purpose in wanting to learn about tech, for example, you want to use it to find jobs or for your own home improvement. You may even want to build your own surveillance system to identify certain objects. Without knowing your objective, it's very difficult to tell u which course you should attend.

If you've got no skills in programming, I'll suggest u go for c or c++. Then u can move on to playing with arduino or maybe even AI, since it's a buzzword now so it's good to know what it is.

You can find a lot of this info from YouTube. No need to attend formal classes.

I did study abit on c programming and I failed badly
(08-09-2021, 08:11 AM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]I did study abit on c programming and I failed badly

Ok, then I supposed you really just want to know more about technology without hands-on practice. If you're keen to know more about machine learning, then I suggest that you could sign up for Andrew Ng's course on Coursera. He's a very good teacher who's able to articulate the ideas very well. The content doesn't really involve very sophisticated maths.

Or if you're interested in electronics there're also some interesting courses in Udemy which you can take up. Those kinds no need to do programming but you may need learn how to use some software like Altium to do pcb layout, or spice to do some simulation.
Anybody has a 3D printer at home? Worth it to buy one?