SG Talk

Full Version: Firms must provide verification proof of education qualifications for foreigners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firms must provide verification proof of education qualifications for foreigners on Employment Passes from September: MOM

➡️ 
https://tdy.sg/3Zb5TNi
Wah Phiang!

MOM is like the laziest in the World

Ownself issue EP but tell companies to check qualifications
MOM should get 3rd party to check the 7 areas

and the Company just pay $300 lah

This an easily create 100 jobs
Should be like this right from the start. You want to employ the person and apply EP on that person's behalf, you better check the credentials first.
(05-03-2023, 06:21 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Should be like this right from the start. You want to employ the person and apply EP on that person's behalf, you better check the credentials first.

Then MOM want to issue EP, they can refuse to check

What kind of Govt  is that?
(05-03-2023, 06:24 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Then MOM want to issue EP, they can refuse to check

What kind of Govt  is that?

??? I think they will still check. Maybe not 100% but will still check so as to keep the employers on their toes.

I am more interested in what penalties are there if the employers screwed up.
MOM puts onus on the company so that if no check properly and get caught later, can push blame to the company lor.
(05-03-2023, 06:25 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]??? I think they will still check. Maybe not 100% but will still check so as to keep the employers on their toes.

I am more interested in what penalties are there if the employers screwed up.

Their random checks is to catch only 1% of them

While letting 99% go free

Has MOM deported Fake/ Unrecognized/ Unaccredited/ Wrong qualifications?

My ex- CECA colleague with don't know what cert can be IT Consultant

and needed for 4 years of Training but still cannot get the job done properly

He was sacked and left for NEC.