SG Talk

Full Version: Why People Like to Pay Condo Maintenance Fee Every Year While they pay nothing for…
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
for owning a landed property or HDB?

Huh
residents don't pay than who do the estate maintenance ?
(10-03-2023, 08:02 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]residents don't pay than who do the estate maintenance ?

HDB households pays town council fees every month and it is not cheap anymore.........getting more expensive by the year................... Big Grin
So small amount few hundred only its like a week meal gone...dont ask stupid question leh...
(10-03-2023, 08:02 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]residents don't pay than who do the estate maintenance ?

Why must you pay the maintenance fee while you have a choice of buying a landed property or HDB?
(10-03-2023, 08:05 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]So small amount few hundred only its like a week meal gone...dont ask stupid question leh...

peasants staying at hdb pigeon hole will never understand the reason.
(10-03-2023, 08:03 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]HDB households pays town council fees every month and it is not cheap anymore.........getting more expensive by the year................... Big Grin

That is nothing comparing to the condo’s maintenance fee.
(10-03-2023, 08:08 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Why must you pay the maintenance fee while you have a choice of buying a landed property or HDB?

landed and HDB got swimming pool, tennis court, function room and security guards ?
(10-03-2023, 08:05 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]So small amount few hundred only its like a week meal gone...dont ask stupid question leh...

you can expect to pay anywhere from $300 to $700 per month, that is $3600-$8400 per year. What for?
(10-03-2023, 08:10 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]landed and HDB got swimming pool, tennis court, function room and security guards ?

Some landed do have a pool at back. You can always use public pools and tennis courts, what for paying so much every year while you seldom use these facilities?

As for security guard is good to have, Spore is so safe, no need one lah.

If you are rich you can join country club and enjoy all these facilities like golf course, gyms, pools and tennis courts. The problem is many Sporeans are not so rich, can only afford buying condos with high maintenance fees.
(10-03-2023, 08:20 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Some landed do have a pool at back. You can always use public pools and tennis courts, what for paying so much every year while you seldom use these facilities?

As for security guard is good to have, Spore is so safe, no need one lah.

If you are rich you can join country club and enjoy all these facilities like golf course, gyms, pools and tennis courts. The problem is many Sinkies are not rich, can only afford buying condos with high maintenance fees.

lol at your stupidity.

do you know how much it cost to own a swimming pool at home ?

do you know how much to pay for a country club every month beside the initial payment for buying one ?

do you know how much to pay for playing a round of golf ?

see no points to continue with you since you are a poor peasants thinking everything in the world is free.
(10-03-2023, 08:24 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]lol at your stupidity.

do you know how much it cost to own a swimming pool at home ?

do you know how much to pay for a country club every month beside the initial payment for buying one ?

do you know how much to pay for playing a round of golf ?

see no points to continue with you since you are a poor peasants thinking everything in the world is free.

No point to act smart and pretend you are rich if you can only afford living in a condo. Maids wash feet in the condo pools all the time and you can continue swimming there and paying expensive maintenance fees every year.
Me paying for sus ah neh worker sweeping my corridor every morning beo-ing my unit...
(10-03-2023, 08:03 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]HDB households pays town council fees every month and it is not cheap anymore.........getting more expensive by the year................... Big Grin

Hdb maintenance less than $100, condo $330 at least and 3 months at each payment. 

Each payment is $1k approximately.

If you have 2 cars, you make if in condo.

This you must ask me tiankor. Since 1990, I had amassed a total of 8 condo.

The rentals from one pays for the maintenance of themselves and I still have spare change.

But the most important is not rental income but the asset appreciation of the condo.

Since foreigners, the major driver of property appreciation, can only buy condos. You see noticeable asset appreciation only in condo and not HDB or landed for the equal investment capital.

For example, in 1990, I bought a 3 bedder condo Robertson 100 in River Valley area at a mere $700k. Now a similar unit was sold by my neighbor to a PRC for $3million.

Rental that time was $2000. Now I am collecting $6000 and paying only $450 maintenance every month.

Tell me, who is the stupid one ?
Of course now with the idiotic cooling measures, you cannot buy condo like me.

But I can teach you a secret way. That way is to husband buy one condo, wife buy one, 2 kids buy one each.

I am teaching my children to do this to counter the idiotic cooling measures.

Hope that helps.
The investment capital of course come from parents and stay with your grandparents.

But remember, only buy condo.

I was able to buy so many condo before the cooling measures was because I stayed with my granny throughout the years.

Try my method, it will make you very rich in 10 years
Worse if you do not make use of the facilities like swimming pool, tennis court or gym. Yet need to pay . 
Not so convenient for friends to visit you too.
But landed maintenance you have to own it, if government want you to change your electricity switchboard which cost thousands, then you have to pay
If your roof broken, you have to pay and bear the risk of lousy contractor to replace the tiles for you
You have to manage the house security, if you want cheap put a sign outside beware of dog
For those with cars, and family members who use the facilities regularly, it's very worth it. Besides the pools, whirlpools, sauna, gym, tennis courts, squash courts or badminton courts, bbq pits, security and some even hv butler service. aso easier to rent out with higher rents
(10-03-2023, 08:00 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]for owning a landed property or HDB?

Huh

I heard some never pay the condo maintenance fee.
They got to resort to applying court order to prevent condo owner selling the condo. Need to clear the fee first before selling the condo. Rotfl

Rich ppl is rich mainly becos they are more stingy.

Once condo, need to do painting work, the condo owners will have their pockets burn big hole.

When buying a resale condo, always remember to buy their report to check about the defects. It will surprise you when they need to get more fund from you for more repair work need to be carried out.
Those Sinkies who live in condo, I always say they are the foreigner living in Sg without getting any good goodies for this garment… Rotfl
(10-03-2023, 09:38 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]I heard some never pay the condo maintenance fee.
They got to resort to applying court order to prevent condo owner selling the condo. Need to clear the fee first before selling the condo. Rotfl

Rich ppl is rich mainly becos they are more stingy.

Once condo, need to do painting work,  the condo owners will have their pockets burn big hole.

When buying a resale condo, always remember to buy their report to check about the defects. It will surprise you when they need to get more fund from you for more repair work need to be carried out.

Must check how much the sinking funds left regularly. Repainting, lift replacement, pool floor repairs, ... very expensive
Since I am reaching my 60s and considered to be old man soon...I will tell the young people the exact method of getting rich like me. Using this method, my networth is well over $50million not including a GCB I managed to buy in the 2010s.

Case Study:

Man age 30 years old with monthly salary : $4500
Soon to be married with man fiancée age 28 years old salary : $4000

Just before marriage, each applied for a loan of 30 years principal $1million

Man buy one condo, woman buy one condo valued at $1million

Then go married after sales completion and stay with parents.

Collect rental of $4000 each to pay the $2500 monthly loan installment.

Get pregnant and give birth to 2 babies within 5 years.

Collect rental and save the remaining after deduction from installment and meanwhile wait for children to reach age 21.

By now, husband should be 51 and wife should be 49, the loan should be paid left around $400,000 for each condo.

But 2 condos should be worth at least double like $2million each.

Paid the loans to get back around $3million in total

Now, just this to buy one condo each for the adult kid and husband and wife buy another 2 condo.

Continue this for another 10 to 20 years and your networth will be at least $10million.
I never bluff you..I have been there and tried this secret method myself though during my time has no cooling measures. But now using the above modified method , you can still break free from your poor class.
Now I am in my 50s, I am telling my children, be ready to buy a condo once you find a good paying job as Papa will support you 50% of the funds, but 50% you have to borrow from the banks.

They ask me, why am I so sure the condo will pay for themselves but not HDB ?

I tell them, like I tell in this previous incarnation forum sgtalk 10 years ago....to buy any property in SG as a major long term bull market is here to stay.

Now I am telling them...do you see the rapid desperate rate HDB is building ? Do you know why ?

I know, I know because I am an insider.

The whole island of Singapore is going to be an advanced first world city. There will no longer be OCR, CCR, or RCR. This trend can be seen in OCR HDB like sengkang selling over a million. That is the hint of what is coming.

The whole planet will converge onto Singapore as USA started shfting its chip making from Taiwan not back to USA but to here Singapore.

dun believe me, just watch after next US Presidential Erection, what the President will say.
My close MP friends always ask me, how come I so accurate and know much more than them ?

Well, because I am an insider that transient both worlds, SG and USA. I have some very good and powerful friends I made during my varsity years.
some I played majong, some I played golf and some powerful friends I played Minecraft with them on the Internet. Such friendship will never be broken an they are the first to share the info with me, some even before PAP get to know.
(10-03-2023, 08:30 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]No point to act smart and pretend you are rich if you can only affording living in a condo. Maids wash feet in the condo pools all the time and you can continue swimming there and paying expensive maintenance fees every year.
Rotfl Clapping
(10-03-2023, 10:49 AM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]some I played majong, some I played golf and some powerful friends I played Minecraft with them on the Internet. Such friendship will never be broken an they are the first to share the info with me, some even before PAP get to know.

my papa not rich to support me 50% of condo payment
Pages: 1 2